• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

It took me a few minutes too. Felt like an idiot when I realized what Grief was saying.

Now I'm happy.

If you adjust the image slider in your library you can get the horizontal distance between grid icons to decrease, creating parity with your vertical distance.

ov5RiiU.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You have to mirror the settings in the skin's individual settings as well.

The file will be the gamespacegrid, but found in the skin's folder.

Then you have to adjust the image slider within the Steam client.

Actually, after a bit of experimenting, it seems the settings in the main layout files override those in the custom skin counterparts, so you only need to change the one.

Grief.exe

Actually, after a bit of experimenting, it seems the settings in the main layout files override those in the custom skin counterparts, so you only need to change the one.

That has never seemed to work for me unless I mirror.

The whole set up is so finicky though. If you mess up one character, then Steam will detect the file is too large and replace it.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
If you adjust the image slider in your library you can get the horizontal distance between grid icons to decrease, creating parity with your vertical distance.

Oh, good catch. I don't get quite as many icons on screen at once, but it looks much cleaner. Now, to scroll through my grid and ogle all the games I'll likely never have the time to play.

JaseC

That has never seemed to work for me unless I mirror.

I tried it with PixelVision and also installed Air for the purpose of testing it further. The individual interiorspacing setting for both was left at the default of 18 and then I closed Steam to change the same setting in the main grid layout file to -1 -- this value affected both skins.

Edit: I'm in the client beta, which may explain it -- perhaps Valve changed how the layout files cooperate.

Not that I want to buy it, but just noticed a pricing error for Call of Duty Ghosts.

It is only $45 on the Australian steam store compared to the US $60.

capture46oei.png

The season pass $60 (lol) and $90 and $135 hardened editions seem to be correct. So...jump on it if you want.

JaseC

GamersGate's new Daily is 75% off Nights into Dreams ($3.25).

Jase is probably the lemon flavour, for obvious raisins.

Grief is peach, for less fun raisins.
Peach is a flavour right?

Because I'm always in a sour mood? :p

Not that I want to buy it, but just noticed a pricing error for Call of Duty Ghosts.

It is only $45 on the Australian steam store compared to the US $60.

capture46oei.png

The season pass $60 (lol) and $90 and $135 hardened editions seem to be correct. So...jump on it if you want.

The extension is just confused, as for some reason, the DDE upgrade ($45) is listed before the game proper ($90) on the Steam AU flavour of the page.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Gotta get that extra 75 cents from you Aussie bastards. It obviously makes a huge difference and is vital to their financial strategy.

JaseC

Gotta get that extra 75 cents from you Aussie bastards. It obviously makes a huge difference and is vital to their financial strategy.

Us Aussies likely paid for Sega's acquisition of Relic. :p

For whatever reason I couldn't get this to work before. I got it this time though, thanks!

So good.

I've always been partial to Detail View + icons myself, but that's a neat Bio2 image.

I've always been partial to Detail View + icons myself, but that's a neat Bio2 image.
I switch back and forth between grid and detail view. I like having categories for when I know what I want to play; I wish that you could set them up in grid view as well. The Bio2 icon I shamelessly altered from this one:
290ea11605c8e698063da1d29c7cbc9bb952adc1.png

and slapped a logo on it. I'm not a big fan of logoless icons.

Anyone played any of the games in The Golden Jubilee Bundle? Just want to know if they are any good, not that I'm going to turn down free games. Got an email off them this morning saying they were giving two free keys to everyone who is subscribed to the newsletter. Apart from two they are all on Greenlight too.

Includes:
Ballads of Reemus: When the Bed Bites
Star Hammer Tactics
Akaneiro: Demon Hunters
Bird Assassin
Amazing Zombie Defense
Zombie Carnage Football

If anyone isn't subscribed to Indie Gala and wants the bundle give me a shout and I'll PM the unique url over.

I switch back and forth between grid and detail view. I like having categories for when I know what I want to play; I wish that you could set them up in grid view as well. The Bio2 icon I shamelessly altered from this one:
290ea11605c8e698063da1d29c7cbc9bb952adc1.png

and slapped a logo on it. I'm not a big fan of logoless icons.

I still can't get over from how Bomberman ended up in Bioshock series

JaseC

I only just realised that the Family Guy game has a piece of DLC available. I would've bought it during the recent Acti sale if I'd known.

Anyone played any of the games in The Golden Jubilee Bundle? Just want to know if they are any good, not that I'm going to turn down free games. Got an email off them this morning saying they were giving two free keys to everyone who is subscribed to the newsletter. Apart from two they are all on Greenlight too.

Includes:
Ballads of Reemus: When the Bed Bites
Star Hammer Tactics
Akaneiro: Demon Hunters
Bird Assassin
Amazing Zombie Defense
Zombie Carnage Football

If anyone isn't subscribed to Indie Gala and wants the bundle give me a shout and I'll PM the unique url over.

I finally got the e-mail myself, so I too have a spare key to give away to anybody who's interested. Edit: Gone. (I took the liberty of adding Greenlight links to your post.)

I started playing CS:GO this weekend. I think CS has finally clicked with me after all these years (I enjoyed Action Quake but never really got into the whole phenomenon). The Demolition/Arms Race concept really works for me, partly because it's accessible, and partly because you can rest easy that people aren't all going to rush for exactly the same setup.

I'm never gonna be a CS superpro, so whatever issues this game has with bullet spreads being too random by a variance of 8mm compared to 1.6 or whatever doesn't matter to me. I'm having a ton of fun with it.
GO is actually the first time CS has ever actually been fun for me. Never liked 1.6 and prior, but that was also in part to just how janky GoldSrc always felt; animations to everything were always so oddly jerky, it was even offputting when it was contemporary. I've been a casual player at best but even I couldn't stand CS:S's junky spread and hitboxes. GO is the first time the shooting actually felt right, and the various matchmaking options are great for mixing up gametypes.

Enco

It's just ugly.

From the blocky black outline on titles to the crappy font and ugly box borders. It's just badly designed. So messy and unattractive.

Try Air

http://i.imgur.com/IiIOvz7.jpg[/IM G][/QUOTE]
Tried it and I have to say it's one of the only decent themes out there. That being said, it got a bit boring for me.

I'm currently using [URL="http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1167648"]Savvy UI[/URL]. Very similar to the default UI but gives it a nice change.

fantomena

Should I buy Brave New World on GameFly? I have not even started Civ5 for real yet, but I guess it would be a good thing to have the expansion (have all the other DLCs). It's just 5,34£ with the coupon.

Edit: Bought it.

JaseC

Should I buy Brave New World on GameFly? I have not even started Civ5 for real yet, but I guess it would be a good thing to have the expansion (have all the other DLCs). It's just 5,34£ with the coupon.

Edit: Bought it.

Welcome to the slippery slope. ;)

Salsa

totally forgot about state of decay. I assume its a good port so far? probably gonna play that as soon as I get back, along with pacman CE

neoemonk

I can't believe Brave New World came out before I ever played Gods and Kings. I'm afraid to click Civ V in my Steam list because time goes bye bye if I do.

Oh my. I was away from teh internets for four days and go back to find that Salsa is back and that I won Agarest in honorless' epic giveaway (thanks honorless!)

I've been left with some spare keys from the last couple of Humble Bundles. My turn to give something to ya!

Hopefully I didn't screw anything up.

super late since I went to bed, thanks for the key denx

Derrick01

Banned
totally forgot about state of decay. I assume its a good port so far? probably gonna play that as soon as I get back, along with pacman CE

It runs well on my somewhat old system but it doesn't really look that good and is limited in options. The game plays fine though and is actually pretty addicting once you get past the first boring hour and meet up with a group. I had 4 hours fly by without even noticing and I'm constantly struggling to balance group needs, scavenging on my own time and missions that go away if you don't get to them within a day or two.

Santiako

First time I'm doing this so I don't know if I'm doing it right

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-408355F5C371A198 - Taken by schwupp
FTL -- MB-46C1C74941EA162E - Taken by VaeVictis
LIMBO -- MB-FFF57372F61E6A29 - Taken by throwawayname

Optimization is good I heard though some people get high temperature for their CPU/GPU (I don't know which one, maybe both). Ultra settings are really taxing so you should stay at High.

Other than that the game only supports a 360 controller officially but keyboard controls works, you just can't change them and there's no KB button prompts. Graphics settings are limited to a single slider and you can't disable effects like motion blur (and it's a heavy kind of motion blur judging by the screens I've seen). I've also heard that the contrast in the game is weird.

Again I don't have the game so all this is just stuff I read.

OT : would it be considered necro'ing (or whatever is the right term) to post in this thread ?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=394212&highlight=lost+planet+2

Derrick01

Banned
Optimization is good I heard though some people get high temperature for their CPU/GPU (I don't know which one, maybe both). Ultra settings are really taxing so you should stay at High.

Other than that the game only supports a 360 controller officially but keyboard controls works, you just can't change them and there's no KB button prompts. Graphics settings are limited to a single slider and you can't disable effects like motion blur (and it's a heavy kind of motion blur judging by the screens I've seen). I've also heard that the contrast in the game is weird.

Again I don't have the game so all this is just stuff I read.

OT : would it be considered necro'ing (or whatever is the right term) to post in this thread ?

I did look once with hardware monitor and noticed it was pushing my CPU in to the high 60s (all cores). That's higher than most games push it but it didn't seem to be causing a problem. I was using the setting under Ultra by the way.

Momentary

Banned
Maybe I should buy Bullet storm and give it a go before this GFWL fiasco starts.

I'm warring with myself about getting Batman AO. It's cheap on GMG, but I know a GOTY edition with be out later at a quarter of the price. I should really buckle down and attack Markham Asylum to see whether or not I even like the series.

I also had a dream last night that Killer Instinct and Guilty Gear Xrd were announced as Windows 8 exclusives.

Jawmuncher

Maybe I should buy Bullet storm and give it a go before this GFWL fiasco starts.

I'm warring with myself about getting Batman AO. It's cheap on GMG, but I know a GOTY edition with be out later at a quarter of the price. I should really buckle down and attack Markham Asylum to see whether or not I even like the series.

I also had a dream last night that Killer Instinct and Guilty Gear Xrd were announced as Windows 8 exclusives.

GAF would explode especially about Xrd Sign.

Nah, you're fine with official threads and such. Anything in community is pretty much fair game unless there's a newer thread about the game in question already. Necroing is only really frowned upon in a pending news/announcement thread and adding nothing new.

Or you could just make a LTTP thread on gaming side if you think it's worthwhile, I mean people already do that about games that are only two weeks old.

VaeVictis

Need home for good games.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Trine 2 Complete Story Steam Key -- MB-E2CAE3D52DD21FE4 - Taken by Purkake4
Mark of the Ninja Steam Key -- MB-FFBFD2E55EA20032 - Taken by msv

Nah, you're fine with official threads and such. Anything in community is pretty much fair game unless there's a newer thread about the game in question already. Necroing is only really frowned upon in a pending news/announcement thread and adding nothing new.

Or you could just make a LTTP thread on gaming side if you think it's worthwhile, I mean people already do that about games that are only two weeks old.

Alright thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom