• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

Uguu, I contacted EA support some time ago to add my Steam Mass Effect 1 to Origin. They asked for my cd key so it seemed ok. Time passes (as if I was in a hurry...) and I finally write again with the ME1 and Crysis 1 key.
Not two hours later (quick), 'I'm sorry could you call blablabla...'
Shit, I want an homogenized library, but not that much. They have the titles, they have the key, what do they want ? It's ok or it's not ok, that's all there is.

Jawmuncher

Uguu, I contacted EA support some time ago to add my Steam Mass Effect 1 to Origin. They asked for my cd key so it seemed ok. Time passes (as if I was in a hurry...) and I finally write again with the ME1 and Crysis 1 key.
Shit, I want an homogenized library, but not that much. They have the titles, they have the key, what do they want ? It's ok or it's not ok, that's all there is.

They should be able to just do it from Chat. I'd try and just see if you can talk to another rep.

fantomena

So I started up CivV for the first time, started the first scenario and I have been playing or over an hour now. This is dangerous.

I have no idea what Im doing, but I think Im making progress.

So I started up CivV for the first time, started the first scenario and I have been playing or over an hour now. This is dangerous.

I have no idea what Im doing, but I think Im making progress.

My first match lasted 18 hours, took me over a week to win it. It was great.

gabbo

Yeah, agree with Jawmuncher here. Just start a new session with a new rep, it should be a quick process.

BorntoPlay

Or you could activate the CD-key here: https://activate.ea.com/applybeslddcode.do#

sheaaaa

Games are absolutely piling up. With the behemoth GTAV, which should really have had a PC release, Rayman Legends and Wonderful 101 on Wii U, I haven't had time to check out Volgarr and State of Decay!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Or you could activate the CD-key here: https://activate.ea.com/applybeslddcode.do#

Sadly, still doesn't work with Battlefield 1942, Vietnam, Battlefield 2 or 2142 keys. :(

Well, it kinda does: It says the keys are already used. That's true, they are. By me!

Which is totally bullshit anyway: There's 2 Battlefield 2 DLC (Armored Fury and Euro Forces) listed on my Origin "my games" section there, from back when you could only buy them on EA Download Manager. However, no sign of Battlefield 2 or Special Forces.

What's even worse is that I'm Veteran Level 10 on Battlefield's Battlelog, which means I have all Battlefield games (PC or otherwise) linked to my main EA account. Still, the PC games don't show on Origin. :(

Steambros, I don't know how many hours it took (I guess something between 70 and 80), but I FINALLY finished Dragon Age: Origins, and now I can actually play something else!

I think I've been playing it on and off during the last six months... This has never happened to me before. While I liked the story, characters and general themes, I got bored and stopped playing for a couple of months. Then, after watching Dragon Age: Inquisiton footage I fell back in love with it, but at the same time I couldn't stop thinking about how much I had alredy played and I felt it was kinda dragging on way too much, so I would play some shorter indie games like Guacamelee and FEZ every other week.

During the last couple of days, I've powered through some DLC that I hadn't beaten yet, and now I just beat Witch Hunt. Turns out a bug happened at some time and the last dialogue didn't reflect my relationship with Morrigan (I used the Golden Mirror in Origins to stay with her, so I know it wasn't a fuckup on my side), so I had to spend another fucking hour searching some script on the internet to activate the romance flags. After 70+ hours, there's no way in hell I wouldn't get the ending I wanted!

So, I'm torn right now. On one hand, I want to jump straight into DA2. On the other, after reading how bad it is and after being kinda burned with Origins a couple of times, I don't know if it's the right choice. I've still have to play Spec Ops: The Line, System Shock 2 and other games I pledged to beat this summer, so I guess I'll play those!

Sorry for the wall of text and nosense, but after investing so much time on this game I felt I needed to tell someone that I had beaten it :p
/livejournal

pixlexic

Banned
I just upgrade dot windows 8 and was going to do some benchmarks so I started with tomb raider.

I was getting 24 fps max! I was like wtf!?? so turned it down to low settings and was still getting 24fps max!

finally realized somehow the refresh rate got changed to 24hz .. lol I feel dumb. :p

Grief.exe

Graphics settings are limited to a single slider and you can't disable effects like motion blur (and it's a heavy kind of motion blur judging by the screens I've seen).

I really hate motion blur, I believe console games use it so heavily to disguise the low-res visuals and the low frame rate.

Steambros, I don't know how many hours it took (I guess something between 70 and 80), but I FINALLY finished Dragon Age: Origins, and now I can actually play something else!

Did you do absolutely everything in that game? Sounds like a 100% play through.
I haven't played that game yet.

I really hate motion blur, I believe console games use it so heavily to disguise the low-res visuals and the low frame rate.

Well, there were three very difficult fights that I couldn't win after a couple of attempts and since they were optional, I skipped them. But yes, I always try to complete every sidequest in every RPG.

fantomena

Are card drops down?

Btw, planning on buying Godus and State of Decay, then it will be all about saving till the big sales (Halloween, autumn, winter).

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

I think I've been playing it on and off during the last six months... This has never happened to me before. While I liked the story, characters and general themes, I got bored and stopped playing for a couple of months. Then, after watching Dragon Age: Inquisiton footage I fell back in love with it, but at the same time I couldn't stop thinking about how much I had alredy played and I felt it was kinda dragging on way too much, so I would play some shorter indie games like Guacamelee and FEZ every other week.

During the last couple of days, I've powered through some DLC that I hadn't beaten yet, and now I just beat Witch Hunt. Turns out a bug happened at some time and the last dialogue didn't reflect my relationship with Morrigan (I used the Golden Mirror in Origins to stay with her, so I know it wasn't a fuckup on my side), so I had to spend another fucking hour searching some script on the internet to activate the romance flags. After 70+ hours, there's no way in hell I wouldn't get the ending I wanted!

So, I'm torn right now. On one hand, I want to jump straight into DA2. On the other, after reading how bad it is and after being kinda burned with Origins a couple of times, I don't know if it's the right choice. I've still have to play Spec Ops: The Line, System Shock 2 and other games I pledged to beat this summer, so I guess I'll play those!

Sorry for the wall of text and nosense, but after investing so much time on this game I felt I needed to tell someone that I had beaten it :p
/livejournal
I enjoyed reading about your experience. Post game write-ups like this are what make this thread compelling to read beyond the news. I had a very similar experience with Dragon Age to yours, right down to the vacation away from it. I think I was fortunate enough to have everything trigger correctly in Witch Hunt (I joined Morrigan in the portal IIRC). Did you play Awakening as well? I thought it was a pretty enjoyable follow up to the main game, but it definitely needs to be played prior to Witch Hunt.

As far as DA2 goes, I'd definitely recommend taking a break from the DA universe before digging in. The two big DLC content packs for it ended up being my favorite part of the game since both had really nice quest design and great environment variety compared to the main game. Do not skip them. The main game certainly has it's issues, but if you dig fantasy stuff and don't set the bar too high, I think you will be content with the experience.

Do not expect to get any real discussion about it going though. The internet hasn't finished shitting on it still.

msv

Woawoa, this ModBot stuff actually works? Thanks for Mark of The Ninja VaeVictis!

How do you make a ModBot entry?

Li Kao

Hmm, I think I played the game pretty thoroughly and between DAO and Awakening, Steam announce me 157h played. Pretty big game.

And thank you all for the suggestions regarding the Origin support. I didn't talk to a rep because the option is seemingly not there on the French version of the site, but now I'm gonna first try the site BorntoPlay indicated and if it doesn't work try to get a rep on the US site.

Kammie

If anyone wants to watch it.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Indie Game: The Movie -- MB-EE68FE63F095C915 - Taken by Spawn. 4 entrants total.

t1379868307z1.png

Copons

Woawoa, this ModBot stuff actually works? Thanks for Mark of The Ninja VaeVictis!

How do you make a ModBot entry?

Here the complete instructions: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617641

Basically, write a PM to ModBot ( http://www.neogaf.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=253996 ) with "register" as title, without quotes of course, and one key per line in the message, like:

Half Life 3 - 12345-67890-12345
X Bundle - ABCD-EFGH-IJKL

and then, if you want the rules (still one per line).

Derrick01

Banned

/livejournal

Both dragon ages are pretty boring but for different reasons. 1 has combat areas that stretch on forever and 2 has a bunch of areas that are repeated many times on side quests and the combat, while flashier and probably even slightly more fun, is not as tactical and every fight seems to spawn several invisible groups of enemies after you take out the initial group. The story and party members are generally more interesting than 1's as well.

Here the complete instructions: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617641

Basically, write a PM to ModBot ( http://www.neogaf.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=253996 ) with "register" as title, without quotes of course, and one key per line in the message, like:

Half Life 3 - 12345-67890-12345
X Bundle - ABCD-EFGH-IJKL

and then, if you want the rules (still one per line).

HL3 code didn't work. Is this game even out yet?

Edit: Typed the code in wrong, installing the game now. Thanks!

I enjoyed reading about your experience. Post game write-ups like this are what make this thread compelling to read beyond the news. I had a very similar experience with Dragon Age to yours, right down to the vacation away from it. I think I was fortunate enough to have everything trigger correctly in Witch Hunt (I joined Morrigan in the portal IIRC). Did you play Awakening as well? I thought it was a pretty enjoyable follow up to the main game, but it definitely needs to be played prior to Witch Hunt.

As far as DA2 goes, I'd definitely recommend taking a break from the DA universe before digging in. The two big DLC content packs for it ended up being my favorite part of the game since both had really nice quest design and great environment variety compared to the main game. Do not skip them. The main game certainly has it's issues, but if you dig fantasy stuff and don't set the bar too high, I think you will be content with the experience.

Do not expect to get any real discussion about it going though. The internet hasn't finished shitting on it still.

Hey, thanks for that! I also love reading post game write-ups, but I don't think my English is good enough to write something longer and with more depth, like Stump's write-up on Aliens: Colonial Marines.

I did finish Awakening before playing Witch Hunt, yeah. I own the Ultimate Edition, so I've played every DLC. I have to agree with you there, I thought it was an interesting expansion of the lore and The Architect seemed like an interesting character, although I felt his potential was wasted.

Given that Awakening is an expansion, I understand that it might be hard to flesh him out a little bit more, but I think they could've done so much more with him and make it a key character later on. I found him very interesting because he's unusally gray for a Bioware character. I've seen there's a book out there about him and Urtha, but ain't nobody got time for that! (BTW: Fuck off, Bioware. Stop writing books about your games as an excuse to not introduce characters properly in the game. You did the same with Kai Leng in ME3 and others. A codex entry is not enough).

Regarding DA2, yeah, I figured out I should wait a little bit. I just want to beat it before playing Inquisition, but I'm going to sit on that one anyways until some of its DLC is out, just in case there's a miracle and Bioware points go away or they bother again with GOTY/Ultimate editions.

Hmm, I think I played the game pretty thoroughly and between DAO and Awakening, Steam announce me 157h played. Pretty big game.

Damn. I reckon my Steam playtime could have been close to the 100h mark, but I own the Origin version and I only can see the playtimes of my save files :/. Did you do multiple playthroughs?

Grief.exe

Regarding DA2, yeah, I figured out I should wait a little bit. I just want to beat it before playing Inquisition, but I'm going to sit on that one anyways until some of the DLC is out, just in case there's a miracle and Bioware points go away or they bother again with GOTY/Ultimate editions.

Bioware cancelled any future DLC they were working on and just shifted development over to Inquisition.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Hey, thanks for that! I also love reading post game write-ups, but I don't think my English is good enough to write something longer and with more depth, like Stump's write-up on Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Nah, your English is fantastic. It never even occurred to me that English is your second language. In general you should feel rather confident about it because in my experience, people who speak English as their primary language (myself included) don't demand perfection or anything even close to it.

Damn. I reckon my Steam playtime could have been close to the 100h mark, but I own the Origin version and I only can see the playtimes of my save files :/. Did you do multiple playthroughs?

The only reason I have 122 hours played is because I beat like 60% of the game around launch which tacked 30-40 hours on to my second attempt which was an actual complete playthrough/all DLC like yours.

Bioware cancelled any future DLC they were working on and just shifted development over to Inquisition.

I was actually talking about Inquisition's DLC, I know there won't be any future DLC for DA2. I guess I worded it poorly, sorry.

Nah, your English is fantastic. It never even occurred to me that English is your second language. In general you should feel rather confident about it because in my experience, people who speak English as their primary language (myself included) don't demand perfection or anything even close to it.

You're too kind <3

Li Kao

Humm, memory is hazy so I can't go into detail here, but I played every Game/Add-on/DLC I could for the first Dragon Age and that was a single playthrough.
Still have to play the second too. The shitstorm and repetitive dungeons made sure I waited for a price drop on it, and when that drop happened I bought the game but I was playing something else and then another thing and... Like you I plan on playing it before Inquisition, though.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Li Kao

Ok, now the site that wasn't working works, and ask me to create an "Electronic Arts Classic Screen Name Persona." What the fuck do that even mean, I tried to enter my login but "The screen name you entered appears to be invalid."
I'm afraid to have wasted my key here.

Ok, now the site that wasn't working works, and ask me to create an "Electronic Arts Classic Screen Name Persona." What the fuck do that even mean, I tried to enter my login but "The screen name you entered appears to be invalid."
I'm afraid to have wasted my key here.
no man origin is great

You all got the "preorder item" bonuses that Bioware gave away for free for DA1 and 2, right?

http://social.bioware.com/da2/dlc_bundle/

Nope, I didn't know about that :lol. Thanks, I'll save it for my DA2 playthrough!

By the way, due to a bug during the Awakening campaign, I lost my cool-ass Arcane Mage equipment that I got during the Origin campaign :( At one point some enemies steal your equipment and you must kill them to retrieve them, but since the Arcane Mage changes all Strength checks for Magic ones, and the enemy can't be an Arcane Mage God knows why, it fails the check and simply appears with nothing at all. That sucked hard, and I just saved afterwards thinking that I might have overlooked the enemy that was supposed to get it... If I had unequipped my inventory before getting robbed, I would've been able to keep it.

You can also lose every promotional/DLC-related item when importing a character to a new campaign. All in all, a very lazy job by Bioware that they didn't bother to fix (even if they released five patches for the game).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom