• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dunno if this was posted but the "GAT V" (see what they're doing there?) DLC for Saints Row 4 is free until 10AM tomorrow PST. Grab it if you plan to play SR4 now or in the future?

Looks like it's a Steam only update. When I start the game, which I installed through disc and only uses GFWL, there is no update.

Okay, so why is Steam suddenly asking me to verify my email address? Should I be worried? : /

Got the same thing. I just verified it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Unless you have an offline profile, I don't think your previous saves could work.

Er-like the console versions the saves work offline.

Of course, I should test that without my X-box Live account signed in and then having the connection drop to see, but it should work like the console versions.

rybrad

Nothing quite like the eternal gratitude from one Steam user to another for providing a timely, accurate answer to their question. I thought this was hilariously fitting after all the talk of the Steam community compared to that of consoles.
jxpIdfBuE2xC6.jpg

Yeah, disabling that fixed it. I assume a new version of DSfix will be coming shortly.

On the other hand, I now have to play at 30 fps and not 72. The game feels terrible at 30.
So they put out a new patch without fixing the frame cap, are they seriously considering leaving all the work to Durante?

denx

I never played any ME3 DLC except for From Ashes and the Extended Cut, but heard they were really good. Would you recommend playing them? I would need to start the game again, since I've forgotten many things.

Oh, and if you thought the game was easy with an Infiltrator, wait till you are spamming the Charge + Nova combo with the Vanguard. Pretty much only the enemies that have 1-hit KO attacks can stop you then.

If you can only buy one DLC for ME3, buy Citadel. That DLC doesn't takes itself seriously at all. It lampshades and makes fun of pretty much everything in the series, and at the same time it's a celebration of its universe and characters. After you beat the main storyline, you'll be able to have some quality time with your ME2 crew (something that was lacking in the base game), a new hub on the Citadel and tons of minigames will be available, and arguably the best part, you'll have access to a combat simulator where you can take any surviving squadmate from ME3 and ME2 to fight any of the multiplayer enemy factions: Reapers, Cerberus (+ Dragoons), Geth (+ Geth Bombers) and Collectors. So you can, for example, go fight the Collectors with Wrex and Grunt by your side.

If you can buy another DLC, then go for Leviathan. That DLC clears up and gives more context to the ending and
the Catalyst's motivations.

Omega is overpriced. It is too short (4 hours) for the asking price and the worst thing of all, once you're done with the storyline, Omega doesn't become a hub, so you can't visit it again. I just bought it because I had spare BW points and since I already had the other DLC I just said "oh what the hell". I had fun with it though, it was nice revisiting Omega, but I don't think the asking price is justified. I would only recommend it if you really, really liked Omega and Aria in ME2 and you want more of that. Otherwise don't bother.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Cool, thanks.

Is the DLC worth it?

Metal Sonic doesn't really offer anything different, but Outrun as a stage is great to race on with it's larger than normal boat racing section to help stand out. Very good challenge for battle races.

Colin.

Just how difficult is going through La-Mulana? On the fence about buying it. Usually if a game pisses me off too much with high difficulty, I will quit and forget about it.

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
Just how difficult is going through La-Mulana? On the fence about buying it. Usually if a game pisses me off too much with high difficulty, I will quit and forget about it.

It's very difficult but a very good game. You can play it with a walk through and it's tons of fun. Very very well crafted game that deserves your money.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Thanks, there's only the one DLC right? no chance of any other future DLC?

DLC no. However Sumo has promised more characters, and we got Willemus not that long ago for free, so it's possible we'll get Ryo Hazuki or someone else as an update.

Just don't hold your breath. Luckily it's still a rather full game and plenty to go through.

destx

Google wallet went haywire and put my order through twice so GIVEAWAY TIME

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

header_292x136.jpg

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-675889EC5C3039D8 - Taken by Syphon Filter. 1 entrants total.
Brutal Legend -- MB-EEEE7321F115AD01 - Taken by Nabs. 1 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-F0E264A728BAD0F7 - Taken by zerokoolpsx. 4 entrants total.
Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-31C2A34DA42F1BCE - Taken by Gez. 1 entrants total.
FTL: Faster Than Light -- MB-5400C9EAD1C95692 - Taken by KenOD. 1 entrants total.

t1379393987z1.png

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Thank Fuck you FROM & Namco for the update.

4 entrants for Fez?! Urgh! I almost got it, Lol.

Did the raffle last less than 15 minutes? I entered for FEZ too but I don't think I did it in time.

Nabs

updated dark souls and it worked for me (with dsfix).

I don't remember using the framerate unlock though so that might be the issue after all

You should use it once it gets fixed. It's really nice.

Thanks destx. If I grab the bundle, I'll be sure to give back.

Enjoy
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

The Tiny Bang Story -- MB-B83D8DA8E2F47009 - Taken by chronomac

destx

It's a real shame about the shitty filtering on player sprites in KOF XIII, they look really blurry compared to the background and UI. Anybody manage to get subtitles in the animated cutscenes working?

Nabs

Just checked and yep the framerate unlock is the culprit here. Gotta wait on Durante.

haven't bothered with the game since I need a controller so whenever that happens i'll go back to it.

Cool. It works well with either the 360 pad or DS3 (with the button mod).

There are no available keys for GTA4 so I can't play it. This shouldn't be a problem ever. :|

Dat GTA 5 hype. Gotta wait for Rockstar to send more GFWL keys to Valve.

The GTA Steam forums are going crazy right now. "*** NO CD KEY. I THINK STEAM IS GOING TO GET SEWED" is my favorite one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom