• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we heard anything about IHNMBIMS is coming to steam? I can only assume it is, but I don't remember how long it took System Shock 2 to get there.

D-pad is terrible though, other than that it's perfect.

And the shoulder buttons are terrible. The sticks are a tad on the small side, the triggers get squeaky, the guide button feels really cheap, the lack of built-in batteries is a joke, wireless requires a large ugly dongle, and the build quality doesn't exactly scream luxury.

And it doesn't have potentially interesting PC features like the DS4 with its mini-trackpad.

Turfster

Have we heard anything about IHNMBIMS is coming to steam? I can only assume it is, but I don't remember how long it took System Shock 2 to get there.

10 years, so we've got some time left...
Less flippant: Have they actually said it would?
All I can find is stuff about the GOG release, and we've had that.
Don't see it on Greenlight either.

Nabs

My 360 pad has been ready to kick the bucket for the last few months. The stick drift is getting on my nerves.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
10 years, so we've got some time left...
Less flippant: Have they actually said it would?
All I can find is stuff about the GOG release, and we've had that.

Well, Shock 2 released on Steam and NDS also brought over Wizardry 6-8, so a Steam release of IHNM in the near future is a safe assumption.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Holy Shit!! Why is it $120?

This is pretty sexy though

51NFjPUQ54L.jpg

I know - the replacement price tag is what's making me hope that this one holds on for quite a long while still. I actually picked mine up at a local Goodwill store for $12 almost immediately after they came out. Sadly the silver battery pack was dead but I popped a black on in and it still looks great and has easily had 100s of hours of use.

That transforming dpad is only marginally better than the stock 360 one, don't be fooled.

However, the monochrome button scheme on that particular model is fantastic (that's my primary 360 controller).

Derrick01

Banned
My 360 pad has been ready to kick the bucket for the last few months. The stick drift is getting on my nerves.

That seems to happen to every one of my 360 controllers this generation after a few months of heavy use. Even though I prefer the controller over ps3 I can't deny it seems to be made as shoddy as the console itself was while the ps3 controller is a tank. I've thrown it and dropped it and play it a lot now and the sticks haven't lost any grip.

I haven't been able to really sit down and play more Euro Truck because of the loose 360 stick.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I use the 360 controller with the transforming dpad. I like it quite a bit. I tend to leave the dpad raised, as most games don't use it that much and it makes it easier to quickly hit the proper direction.

I have too many controllers to use on PC. PS Move controller for analog movement in shooters, wired 360 controller in case the batteries in my wireless one die, a big, heavy-as-shit arcade stick, a DS3, a Wiimote, and any day now my Neo Geo controller should be showing up. I think that's going to make it harder to enjoy whatever next-gen console I pick. I like having so many options.

I use 360 controllers and DS3 on my PC. I really hope we see a Steam controller this week.

Hopefully it will include a touchpad like DS4. Could be very useful with some game launchers.

It's hard to say and there are good arguments on either side of whether it will come to Steam.

I think we can probably safely say that the game won't be using Steam for any of its online components anyway. So, if it does come to Steam it will probably just launch Origin.

I know I've already pre-ordered Battlefield 4 (I'm sorry, I like Battlefield too much), but if Titanfall uses Punkbuster in multiplayer, I'm not buying it. Ever. Life is too damned short to have to screw around with eleven slightly different versions of two or three different Punkbuster Windows services that all overwrite and conflict with one another.

I know I've already pre-ordered Battlefield 4 (I'm sorry, I like Battlefield too much), but if Titanfall uses Punkbuster in multiplayer, I'm not buying it. Ever. Life is too damned short to have to screw around with eleven slightly different versions of two or three different Punkbuster Windows services that all overwrite and conflict with one another.

Can't you ignore PB? Other games let you.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The reason to be excited for a Valve controller is because of Valve's modus operandi. They don't enter an area just to dominate it (that's their secondary objective), but to innovate.

This influences almost every aspect of their company and it's what makes the latest Steambox threads so funny to read as a person who follows the company, as the threads basically devolve into people thinking Valve wants to become Microsoft.

They aren't releasing a controller because they hate that Microsoft has the default PC controller, but because there are legitimate problems with MS' product and they have the solutions.

Yeah, I'm hyped for it.

Yeah, I'm hyped for it.

I feel I'm too old to switch from the DS3 and I already have two of them... but hey, I hope they come up with something special.

My hope is that it will be a wireless controller, where the "dongle" actually doubles as a steam/PC streaming solution to TVs. If that is the case I'm all over it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I feel I'm too old to switch from the DS3 and I already have two of them... but hey, I hope they come up with something special.

My hope is that it will be a wireless controller, where the "dongle" actually doubles as a steam/PC streaming solution to TVs. If that is the case I'm all over it.

I'm so sorry for you. I can't imagine having the type of physical handicap where holding a DS3 feels natural.

First thing somebody will do is either patch the drivers or provide a utility to turn the light off even if developers choose to keep it on in games. I wouldn't worry about it.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Only the the 25 minute Gamescom presentation which is a few weeks old at this point

Weird to see an X game played with a controller with aim assist.

I wonder if the game will be more or less moddable than the older ones. Being able to walk around space stations and having more lively surface structures raises some interesting possibilities.

Vibranium

Banned
i don't like how the ds4 looks, i also heard the triggers are flimsy.

Who cares what it looks like, the triggers could be a problem if flimsiness bugs you though.

Speaking of PC controllers I use my 360 controller and have no complaints even when the sticks make noise. Some people on GAF really seem to care what gaming machines look like for some reason, this has never been a problem to me.

Milamber

First World Problems GAF.

Honestly, before GAF, I never noticed the little things like refresh rate, FPS or Screen Tearing.

Now, controller LED light complaints has me noticing it now too, unlike before.

I've got this controller which fixed the D-Pad issues I had with the Xbox 360 controller.

It's pretty good -- certainly a hell of a lot better than the previous 360 pad -- but it's still not nearly as good as the rest of the pad. I'll play D-pad-requiring games with it (which I wouldn't with the typical 360 pad) but an improved D-pad is still something I'm holding out hope for from a theoretical Steampad.

Holy Shit!! Why is it $120?

Limited edition with the gray design. The black one jshackles also linked is only $50 and has the same transforming D-pad, that's what I got.

PC support for the Xbone controller will fix that.

I heard the Xbone controller D-pad isn't that great either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom