• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty good...

Huh, they just took it back down. One minute it was there, the next refresh and gone.

I already have all but one of the games anyway so I guess I'll wait and see what bonuses pop up. If they're as disappointing as the Be Mine SE bonuses then I can safely avoid it.

Baleoce

Got my face glued to the countdown screen, popcorn at the ready, and this is playing on a loop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

gob-car-danc.gif

Theoretically the Valve controller could enable to play Dota2 on the couch. That in itself is enough to get excited. High precision, low latency? Yes please. And there's the biometrics. Though that maybe a separate peripheral.
They added controller support for spectating (which is good), however, to actually play? I think you would get absolutely destroyed. I can't imagine any controller feature that would make it competitive against M+KB. I guess we'll see though.

Copons

What if at the end of the countdown Valve fires up another X Bundle?

The space stuff showing in the monitor is totally hinting it.

The "turns out I own these games already "huh" bundle"

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Vessel -- MB-BB0C1CA01BB79569 - Taken by Aaron
Jamestown -- MB-679B2CD023528098 - Taken by creamsugar
Greed Corp -- MB-324B7C01946ECF1E - Taken by HP_Wuvcraft

Anustart

Count down is going to result in another count down which has players playing potato sack games en masse to lower the count down timer by like half a second for every million man hours logged on the games, just as in the portal 2 thingy.

Ledsen

I love it when companies make graphs that look a lot better than they actually are, like how this one goes 1%/10%/100% in equal spacing (as the graph would look a lot worse if they did proper spacing).

A logarithmic scale is still "proper" spacing. It's often done to show change over time simultaneously for variables that include both very tiny and very big categories. It makes it so a relative increase in marketshare looks the same for the small category (linux) and the big category (windows). In this case it's a bit confusing since the y-axis already has percentages, but trust me it's a valid graph.

The Cowboy

A logarithmic scale is still "proper" spacing. It's often done to show change over time simultaneously for variables that include both very tiny and very big categories. It makes it so an increase in marketshare looks the same for the small category (linux) and the big category (windows). In this case it's a bit confusing since the y-axis already has percentages, but trust me it's a valid graph.

I know its a valid graph, I'm just saying it was done this way to make the results look better (closer) than they actually are.

patochaos

Neo Member
Add mods to Fallout Vegas.

That game pushed my GTX 570 to the limit. Only game I had it suffer FPS even though I wasnt maxing almost anything.

Gregorn

How's New Vegas look on Ultra? I was playing it a bunch on lowest on my laptop recently but haven't put it on my new pc yet. Wonder if there's any good mods to up the visuals as well, hmm...

This is what my game looked like when I was on my mission to kill
Caesar
, it felt so much cooler compared to my 10fps glitch fest that was my PS3 playthorugh. Mods make it a whole different game.

Copons

This is what my game looked like when I was on my mission to kill Caesar, it felt so much cooler compared to my 10fps glitch fest that was my PS3 playthorugh. Mods make it a whole different game.

HOLY SHIT

I totally want a new PC now, even more considering I put FNV on hold because I have like a dozen open quests and another dozen of non tracked subquests since February and I don't know where the hell I have to go next because I totally forgot everything. :D

Have fun!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Vessel -- MB-5E1FBC0416916261 - Taken by zkylon
Greed Corp -- MB-DD29B78C26845133 - Taken by Fl1pp13

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Some dude in the highres PC screenshots thread made his own custom post process for New Vegas and his shots were absolutely gorgeous. Look around in there to find them.

Milamber

My most pessimistic prediction of the Steam announcement...

O - SteamOS for the Linux users (with the few games that already run on Linux)
[O ] - Tiny Steambox running on Linux that streams from your PC (like the VitaTV) to your TV
O + O - Steam family sharing

Also, get Dolphin. I've been on a big Zelda kick lately. Feels good. Looks real good.

what kind of performance will you get out of dolphin at that level? I always see people recommending getting i7s too when they're talking about if you want to emulate. I'm on a gtx770, i5-4670, 8gb mem.

Milamber

How's New Vegas look on Ultra? I was playing it a bunch on lowest on my laptop recently but haven't put it on my new pc yet. Wonder if there's any good mods to up the visuals as well, hmm...
Downsample some eye candy games, and post the screenshots.
Use mods, ultra game is still ugly as shit.
no matter the rig it won't be much of a looker but it's still godly game <3

fuck all the cryses and whatevers
Like everyone else has said, New Vegas is butt without mods. Here's the thread.
Deleted all my old Vegas mods and getting the new updated versions. First things first...

Nude bodies mods!

Also, get Dolphin. I've been on a big Zelda kick lately. Feels good. Looks real good.
I'm running on a C2Duo 2.6 Ghz and 8 GB of DDR2 RAM with a brand new GTX 770. Dolphin 4.0 will still crucify it.

It would be surprising, considering that they already announced it a week or so ago...

The beta was supposed to launch last week, yet they've been quiet about it since the announcement. Maybe they'll make a proper re-announcement. Either that or streaming is what the symbols mean is what I think.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
what kind of performance will you get out of dolphin at that level? I always see people recommending getting i7s too when they're talking about if you want to emulate. I'm on a gtx770, i5-4670, 8gb mem.

You should be fine. It takes a good cpu. I have an average i5 3570k with a gtx670 and can run Brawl, Galaxy, and NSMB in 1080p at 60 fps.

I'm running on a C2Duo 2.6 Ghz and 8 GB of DDR2 RAM with a brand new GTX 770. Dolphin 4.0 will still crucify it.

Good excuse to upgrade.

You should be fine. It takes a good cpu. I have an average i5 3570k with a gtx670 and can run Brawl, Galaxy, and NSMB in 1080p at 60 fps..

Cool, appreciate the response man. I might look into it then. I only have a 1080p 60hz monitor anyway, so those would be spot on levels to shoot for.

My most pessimistic prediction of the Steam announcement...

O - SteamOS for the Linux users (with the few games that already run on Linux)
[O ] - Tiny Steambox running on Linux that streams from your PC (like the VitaTV) to your TV
O + O - Steam family sharing

Yeah, you're right - one of them has got to be sharing.

The other is clearly Hats for Cats.

Gregorn

Interesting, but you cant see shit.

It gets like that during storms. The mod adds a perk to let see better at night and some visors have night/heat vision. It's really fun walking around at night in complete darkness with no HUD, hearing things walking around and then suddenly a ghoul jumps at you.

New Vegas was my first time experimenting with mods, and now I really want to try Skyrim again.

...I weep for humanity. ; ;

They make it more realistic, especially the sweaty skin mods. I use them for the sake of lore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom