• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

Dude I run all these games at 1080p at high settings on my 560Ti, your card should eat them for breakfast.

I'm bottlenecked with my C2Duo 2.6 Ghz and 8 GB of DDR2 RAM. So certain games can still crap out even with a GTX 770 OC.

EDIT: Didn't even know I got the MSI OC edition until I looked at my box again for any Arkham Origins games.

EDIT 2: No free Batman: Arkham Origins. Or any free games at all. WTF MSI!? ಠ_ಠ

Milamber

Haha, this bottleneck is ridiculous.

It's like putting a Ferrari engine into a WW2 Jeep chassis. The body may shake and the steering is all over the place but damn it's fast.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

The Arkham Origins promotion began just a few weeks ago. You've purchased (slightly) old stock, apparently, and manufacturer-supplied bonus games are firmly a thing of the past, in my experience.

JaseC

Buying digital products from ebay? sounds risky

I'd certainly be wary of purchasing from somebody with anything less than plenty of positive feedback. FWIW, my Arkham City vanilla key, eBay-sourced*, is still tied to my account.

* Well, technically, the key I bought using eBay was an Nvidia key I had to use to obtain said Steam key, but I digress.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Just received my GTX 770 to replace my broken GTX 460...
Welcome to the club! ^^D What kind?

Haven't really touched New Vegas yet. Pretty good idea.

Deques

I'd certainly be wary of purchasing from somebody with anything less than plenty of positive feedback. FWIW, my Arkham City vanilla key, eBay-sourced*, is still tied to my account.

* Well, technically, it was an Nvidia key I had to use to obtain said Steam key, but I digress.

Just checked ebay and found AMD Radeon Gold reward. The lowest item was for $0.99. So I tried to bid for it.
Someone has put an automatic outbid on this item. I bid to $10 and gave up...

Milamber

* Well, technically, the key I bought using eBay was an Nvidia key I had to use to obtain said Steam key, but I digress.

Yay, same here. I got Arkham City the same way too.

EDIT: I feel happy.

EDIT 2: Must be because of my new card.

EDIT 3: *looks at JaseC's avatar*

EDIT 4:
pUz4tfs.png

JaseC

I actually keep a list of the games I've activated using keys purchased from unauthorised sources (namely "grey market" resellers, save for the aforementioned Arkham City key). They're all still tied to my account, fortunately.

EDIT 3: *looks at JaseC's avatar*

EDIT 4:
pUz4tfs.png

tumblr_mkf9ftcKdu1r2srhyo1_250.gif

derExperte

These promotions are usually dependent on the seller and not the manufacturer. The codes aren't in the package, they get sent to you. Check the page of your retailer, one of mine offers Origins with every single Geforce GTX (including yours), independent of the brand.

Cheddahz

Banned
Guys, my video card is starting to die and I need a replacement. What is a good video card I can get now that'll last me a few years?

derExperte

Guys, my video card is starting to die and I need a replacement. What is a good video card I can get now that'll last me a few years?

Supposedly AMD will show new cards this week (25th afaik). Wait for that, tell us how much money you have, what resolution you're playing on and what the rest of your specs are.

derExperte

Just checked ebay and found AMD Radeon Gold reward. The lowest item was for $0.99. So I tried to bid for it.
Someone has put an automatic outbid on this item. I bid to $10 and gave up...

The gold tier gives you three games of your choice, one of them can be SR4 and they are expanding the roster on the fly. Depending on what games someone wants it can be an awsome deal even at 25-30$.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

The last time I looked at cards, the 660 Ti Boost was what stuck out to me. But obviously you'd be better off doing your own research and using the I Need a New Computer thread.

Edit: Looking again, maybe I was thinking the 650 since it's quite a bit cheaper.

Milamber, what have you done? Now people's video cards start "dying" left and right after you got your sweet 770. Hmm, I think I'm also having a problem.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure how you can NOT like BioShock 1. For me it's competing against HL2 for best singleplayer FPS ever.
Horrible gameplay, awful shooting mechanics, boring powers, respawning enemies, bullet sponge enemies. From what I've played I loved the atmosphere and story, but that's not enough to make me like a game if it's a drag to play.

You're right actually, the last game Valve made was HL:EP 2. What the hell does Valve work on besides steam?
Half-Life was nothing more than Doom with in-game cutscenes. And Steam? A paid version of Napster for games.

Gaben should go to jail for stealing so much stuff.

Raxus

My most pessimistic prediction of the Steam announcement...

O - SteamOS for the Linux users (with the few games that already run on Linux)
[O ] - Tiny Steambox running on Linux that streams from your PC (like the VitaTV) to your TV
O + O - Steam family sharing

My pessimistic predictions:

Half Life 2 Remake announced
Half Life 1 Remake announced
Left 4 Dead 2 Ultra announced

My optimistic predictions:
Steambox
Half Life 3
Gaben has ascended (and Left 4 Dead 3)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
It's really funny how I'm always on PC but then an amazing game like GTA5 comes along and it actually makes me forget about PC for a few days.

This is one that I would be jealous of if I didn't have a console and was primarily PC. It's so good and I can't wait for it to come to PC unhinged.

I haven't had a ton of reasons to ignore PC but there's been one, it's GTA5. Best GTA by a long shot.

Think I might have a go at some modded GTA4 to get my PC fill in on PC.

SparkTR

It's really funny how I'm always on PC but then an amazing game like GTA5 comes along and it actually makes me forget about PC for a few days.

This is one that I would be jealous of if I didn't have a console and was primarily PC. It's so good and I can't wait for it to come to PC unhinged.

I haven't had a ton of reasons to ignore PC but there's been one, it's GTA5. Best GTA by a long shot.

Think I might have a go at some modded GTA4 to get my PC fill in on PC.

Not the case with me. I was lucky enough to get it a day before it came out and finished within the following day (main story missions and around 2/3 Strangers and Freaks), and it just reminded me why I started veering away from AAA games back in 2008. I swore I'd never let the hype influence my purchases again, but they unfortunately sucked me back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom