• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

valouris

I bought the Humble Bundle 9 15 mins ago but I have yet to receive my e-mail. The transfer is seen completed in my PayPal account. Should I be worried? I am not a registered member of I site, I just entered my e-mail address (yes I double checked!)

(Giveaway incoming if and when it comes through :D )

Edit: nevermind, it just came through...!

The_Monk

Yes, I managed to arrive home still in time for whatever it is my good people. Now let's just wait a bit more for those news. I can't stop my hype even if there's no justification to it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yes, I managed to arrive home still in time for whatever it is my good people. Now let's just wait a bit more for those news. I can't stop my hype even if there's no justification to it.

I'm enough of a Valve fan that it goes like this:

• If they're releasing something new, I'll buy it
  • If they're releasing something new for free, I'll use it
I think that about covers everything. :)

Kifimbo

Steambox is fine and everything, but we'll still get new games this week:

09/23/2013 - Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures - Action - ScrewAttackGames/FreakZone Games - $14.99
Em05pds.png

09/24/2013 - Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure - Platformer/Puzzle - Warner Bros./5th Cell - $39.99
09/24/2013 - FIFA 14 - Sports - Electronic Arts/EA Canada - $39.99
09/24/2013 - Timelines: Assault on America - Strategy - Strategy First/4 Flash Ent - $14.99
09/25/2013 - Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - Rise of the Owlverlord - Platformer - Black Forest Games/Black Forest Games - $4.99
09/25/2013 - Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ - Action - Namco Bandai Games/Namco Bandai Games - $9.99
09/25/2013 - Day One: Garry's Incident - First-person adventure - Wild Games Studio/Wild Games Studio - $19.99
09/26/2013 - Shadow Warrior - Action - Devolver Ditigal/Flying Wild Hog - $39.99
DGaGzkv.jpg
Em05pds.png

09/26/2013 - World of Warplanes - Flight Sim - Wargaming.net/Wargaming.net - F2P
09/27/2013 - Alien Rage - FPS - City Interactive/City Interactive - $19.99
09/27/2013 - Rise of Venice - Simulation - Kalypso/Gaming Minds - $39.99

BruteUA

They'll include it as a signing bonus in the employment offer they should be sending you.

Turfster

You know what would be awesome Valve (or jshackles ;)?
A tracking list for stuff on the marketplace, so you can add cards you're looking for and get an instant overview, instead of either having to look them up by name every time or having to look for them amongst all the other cards for a game.

catabarez

Steambox is fine and everything, but we'll still get new games this week:

09/23/2013 - Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures - Action - ScrewAttackGames/FreakZone Games - $14.99
Em05pds.png

09/24/2013 - Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure - Platformer/Puzzle - Warner Bros./5th Cell - $39.99
09/24/2013 - FIFA 14 - Sports - Electronic Arts/EA Canada - $39.99
09/24/2013 - Timelines: Assault on America - Strategy - Strategy First/4 Flash Ent - $14.99
09/25/2013 - Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - Rise of the Owlverlord - Platformer - Black Forest Games/Black Forest Games - $4.99
09/25/2013 - Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ - Action - Namco Bandai Games/Namco Bandai Games - $9.99
09/25/2013 - Day One: Garry's Incident - First-person adventure - Wild Games Studio/Wild Games Studio - $19.99
09/26/2013 - Shadow Warrior - Action - Devolver Ditigal/Flying Wild Hog - $39.99
DGaGzkv.jpg
Em05pds.png

09/26/2013 - World of Warplanes - Flight Sim - Wargaming.net/Wargaming.net - F2P
09/27/2013 - Alien Rage - FPS - City Interactive/City Interactive - $19.99
09/27/2013 - Rise of Venice - Simulation - Kalypso/Gaming Minds - $39.99

AVGN Adventures came out on Saturday.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
They'll include it as a signing bonus in the employment offer they should be sending you.

You guys really need to start that petition. :)

You know what would be awesome Valve (or jshackles ;)?
A tracking list for stuff on the marketplace, so you can add cards you're looking for and get an instant overview, instead of either having to look them up by name every time or having to look for them amongst all the other cards for a game.

I actually had this idea a few months ago but haven't put any work/effort into it.

https://github.com/jshackles/Enhanced_Steam/issues/46

The big hurdle is that it would have to store your "watchlist" of items in local storage. If someone set up a watchlist with like 100 things on it, it could easily get corrupted.

The_Monk

Regarding the first part you mentioned I'm concerned it might not be available to all regions, or something similar fellow GAFfer. But let's wait and see, it's almost time.

Turfster

You guys really need to start that petition. :)

I actually had this idea a few months ago but haven't put any work/effort into it.

https://github.com/jshackles/Enhanced_Steam/issues/46

The big hurdle is that it would have to store your "watchlist" of items in local storage. If someone set up a watchlist with like 100 things on it, it could easily get corrupted.
Yeah, that's why it would make more sense if Valve added it.
Of course, you could always cap it to let's say 20, but still, it's amazing how unwieldy the damn marketplace is.
Why doesn't Valve have a button to sell a card you're looking at if you have it in your inventory?
Why don't they have a tracking list for let's say cards for games you've toggled in your badges page as ones you want to complete? (with or without a sensible limit on how many you can select there)
Why don't they have default filters for cards/foils/emoticons/backgrounds when searching?
This is all basic UI stuff that would make the thing so much easier to use and would therefor make them money.
(I know the answer is basically: because shitty website, but come on guys)

There is only 1 game this week!.

I played like 500 hours of it on PS3, I am thinking about buying it for my new Windows Phone and goddamn don't I want it for PC too. GOTF.

And oh, let me guess: Bioshock isn't the best PC port out there? The game crashed on my when missile turret in Kure All hit me and I lost like 40 minutes of progress because the game doesn't apparently autosave very often? Ran though the same parts again in 15 minutes saving all the time and boom, entering the same room made the game crash again. Didn't lose progress this time but the game crashing = all the settings reseted. Also switching to "Use 360 controller mode" disables all the options outside of "low/med/high graphics".

valouris

And before madness and chaos ensues, my giveaway, go crazy :D

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Mark of The Ninja -- MB-E035B63B26E2535E - Taken by BruteUA. 3 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-EE35490A60BA93E3 - Taken by MajorMelchett. 2 entrants total.
Brutal Legend -- MB-E35783AB0E93BE18 - Taken by DeadlyVirus. 9 entrants total.
Trine 2 Complete Story -- MB-A6FA5CB40F7A6D5F - Taken by Bayonetta
FTL -- MB-FED0D5852E4E902E - Taken by Spiffy_1st. 3 entrants total.
Limbo -- MB-F070FEB30435616C - Taken by out getting ribs. 1 entrants total.

t1380040354z1.png

nexen

I really wish Valve would hire you, jshackles. Even if it was just to bring all of enhanced steam into normal steam.

Copons

What if it's been a huge misspelling and it's in fact SteamFox, meaning that they're moving away the in-app browser from WebKit to Mozilla engine?

Ryan_

Announcement 1: Valve is bought by EA.
Announcement 2: Half-Life 3
Announcement 3: Half-Life 3: Episode 1

Half-Life 3 exclusively on Steambox

Valve buys Oculus Rift, also exclusively on Steambox

Just think about it like this: They're going to announce a much weaker PC than most in here probably have right now. Now try to get excited.

You're right of course, but still, it's Valve, they are bound to give it their own spin and make it worth our while. Plus, this is only the first of three announcements this week. So who knows what else is in store?

Tenrius

Announcement 1: Half-Life 3.
Announcement 2: Portal 3.
Announcement 3: Valve is bought by EA, Steam is shut down and merged into Origin, games are above are exclusive to Origin.

True despair.

"Don't worry, at EA, we will be try to keep the corporate culture at VALVe intact through our acquisition. To prove our commitment to maintaining the status quo, we will make sure there is no activity surrounding the Half-Life series."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom