• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZCzzdSA.png

Fight!

That is the bestest thing.

Nander

The Steam top list is hilarious right now. Apparently, Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy and Sid Meier's Railroads are two of the best-selling games at $9 and $10 respectively. :)

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Why are there two Star Wars games in the top sellers list right now? Might just be in Australia but still, doesn't make any sense.

Star Wars nothin', how is Fortix 2 in second place?! The game is $1.99 and the list is ordered by revenue, so either someone's handing out copies to a huge chunk of the entire Steam population or something's borked with the list right now. (The latter seems significantly more likely.)

denx

After bouncing around a couple of Steam skins, I've finally settled with Pixelvision. Skin is so good, and makes the client go faster / less clunky actually (come on Valve what the hell)

EDIT: Steam is showing the Ghost Recon complete pack as the top seller here. What is going on.

Acccent

She did audition for some role in Ep7, and she had to mess around with a lightsaber during it. Also the rumor is that the lead is female ... so ...

No I mean - that Ronan has a leading role in SW7 is totally plausible in a non-weird way. What's weirdly plausible though, is that JaseC is currently busy power-buying star wars games off steam

Nander

After bouncing around a couple of Steam skins, I've finally settled with Pixelvision. Skin is so good, and makes the client go faster / less clunky actually (come on Valve what the hell)

EDIT: Steam is showing the Ghost Recon complete pack as the top seller here. What is going on.

I have Ghost Recon now as well. And more awesomely, Doom Classic at an 8th place at 15€!

Clawww

Picked up FFVII of Ubi. That was farily painless; got the Steam key in my e-mail.

Now, does anyone have any resource for modding/fixing/tweaking this game? IIRC, this port isn't the sweetest...

The Swapper is so weird. There's something really unsettlingly about having indentical clones...and killing them for the greater good. Can't wait to get to the real brain teasers

nexen

The Swapper is so weird. There's something really unsettlingly about having indentical clones...and killing them for the greater good. Can't wait to get to the real brain teasers

Wow, do I have a movie recommendation for you! ... but just recommending it in this context would be a major spoiler. Conundrum!

Gregorn

Do more games get added throughout the week? Why isn't Stalker on sale?

If Sleeping Dogs is considered spooky then so is Stalker.

Tellaerin

But the fight scenes aren't why I hate that movie. I hate it because of the story and dialogue. The setting and plot had so much potential and then it turned into a pseudo philosophical cluster fuck.

I didn't have a problem with Reloaded. At the time I felt it was a good middle movie, since I assumed everything I was seeing was the setup for an eventual payoff we'd get in Revolutions. So raising the philosophical questions it did wasn't an issue. Revolutions was where everything went off the rails, as far as I was concerned. A disappointing finish for a series that I still have a soft spot for. TBH, I'd've probably been happier if they'd used the Path of Neo ending for the movie. :p

(^ And about that ending... I really liked the little lead-in from the Wachowskis before it starts, since it acknowledges a strong personal belief of mine. Namely, the kinds of endings that work in other media don't necessarily work in videogames, where the player's working to earn that ending on behalf of the protagonist rather than just being a passive spectator.)

nexen

I didn't have a problem with Reloaded. At the time I felt it was a good middle movie, since I assumed everything I was seeing was the setup for an eventual payoff we'd get in Revolutions. So raising the philosophical questions it did wasn't an issue. Revolutions was where everything went off the rails, as far as I was concerned. A disappointing finish for a series that I still have a soft spot for. TBH, I'd've probably been happier if they'd used the Path of Neo ending for the movie. :p

(^ And about that ending... I really liked the little lead-in from the Wachowskis before it starts, since it acknowledges a strong personal belief of mine. Namely, the kinds of endings that work in other media don't necessarily work in videogames, where the player's working to earn that ending on behalf of the protagonist rather than just being a passive spectator.)

It wasn't that the movie was philosophical that bothered me. It was that it was pseudo philosophical. It tried really hard to sound deep and interesting but it was just so much noise. The 'free will' nonsense made my brain dribble out of my ears, but I guess I should have expected that from the same minds that brought us the 'people are batteries' revelation.

Also they totally gimped Neo. He should have been a god in the Matrix 2 and 3.

Totally off topic now, mea culpa. Mate?

The Prestige?

ding ding ding!

No, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

DUDE! SPOILERS!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Yup, that was exactly where I stopped playing that game. To be honest, I shouldn't have made it that far, but at the time I didn't know the ending would be that bad. What a waste, Enter the Matrix was miles better.

Tellaerin

The 'free will' nonsense made my brain dribble out of my ears, but I guess I should have expected that from the same minds that brought us the 'people are batteries' revelation.

IIRC, the "people are batteries" thing was a change made at the behest of the studio execs - supposedly the idea was originally that the machines were using the human brains jacked into the Matrix as elements of the computing infrastructure they'd built, running it on "idle CPU cycles", but this was rejected as too highbrow for the average viewer. Which is a pity if true, since it makes a helluva lot more sense than what they went with.

nexen

IIRC, the "people are batteries" thing was a change made at the behest of the studio execs - supposedly the idea was originally that the machines were using the human brains jacked into the Matrix as elements of the computing infrastructure they'd built, running it on "idle CPU cycles", but this was rejected as too highbrow for the average viewer. Which is a pity if true, since it makes a helluva lot more sense than what they went with.

Agreed 1000%

It is a stupid decision because people would've just glossed over it if they didn't understand it. All you needed to know is that the machines are bad and enslaved people for ... reasons.

Sajjaja

Agreed 1000%

It is a stupid decision because people would've just glossed over it if they didn't understand it. All you needed to know is that the machines are bad and enslaved people for ... reasons.

Pretty much how I enjoyed it when I was a kid lol.

8AnZ0Kz.png

Good Halloween sale. Been waiting for a Soul Reaver sale, won't ever be installing that Blood Omen 2, though.

Also, picked up Mercenary Kings. Though, I find the idea of Early Access games being the daily deal to be kind of insane.

You cheeky motherfuckers didn't tell me DAYZ Standalone is out on the 5th. What the fuck bro. Friends off. All of you.

Holy shit, I had no idea. I haven't followed it at all, but really excited to see how it turns out.

Dryk

The Swapper was a bunch of philosophical topics I love in the form of a really fun game. Would recommend.

From memory they even briefly touch on
the existential problems with teleportation
at one point but it's sort of glossed over so a lot of people probably don't pick up on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom