• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Well I definitely can't buy all of them. Which one would you guys recommend?
They're all pretty different.
What are you in the mood for?
Costume Quest: light minimalistic JRPG style game
Legacy of Kain Collection: platformers
Skulls of the Shogun: strategy game, I think
Monaco: stealth and loot, extremely fun with 4 players

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I just attempted to install Top Gun from a retail disc I purchased. I bought it because there are huge Steam logos plastered all over the packaging and big warnings like "Requires a FREE online STEAM account to play!!!". Since it's been removed from Steam, and the disc was quite old, I thought I'd take the chance.

And... it didn't work out well. Firstly, there was no CD KEY in the case. So I thought maybe it was like NBA 2K9 where I had to install the disc to attach it my account. It started off good - the readme files on the disc all reference Steam and provide instructions for setting up an account and whatnot. Once the program installed, it launched a Steam setup application which installed an insanely old version of Steam (it was green, not black) and then proceeded to download the latest client.

It then asked me to sign in. At this point I was excited, thinking this would be the point that it would attach the game to my account. Alas, it just signed me in to Steam normally and presented me with my regular list of games (without Top Gun in sight).

Strangely, when I launch the game, it comes up with the Steam overlay. But it's like... completely disconnected from Steam. Steam didn't show that I was in game or anything.

When pressing Shift+Tab to open the Steam overlay, the game immediately crashes.

Oh well, I guess it's still (somewhat) playable, but sadly didn't attach to my account.

bought

borderlands GOTY: 4.50
alien breed trilo: 3.50
legacy of kain collection: $4
costume quest: $3.30
typing of the dead: $8
and shadow man

today was a good day

dxhc99

So, I haven't posted in this thread in a while but I figured this was a worth while way to give back for the time I won stuff from Modbot. Since I don't know how to use that I figure we will do this in another way.

I preorded Batman: Arkham Origins on PC from Best Buy. They didn't have my physical copy when I went to pick it up so I cancelled it and bought a steam card to pay for the game. Just now Best Buy sent me not one but Two (yes Two), download codes for the game that unlock on Steam.

First come, first served if you want them PM me. No need for anything else. Just let me know if they work.

One last thing:

The order of Sega steam releases should be as follows

Chu Chu Rocket

Skies of Arcadia

Valkyria Chronicles

Jet Set Radio Future

we already have JGR so that makes JSRF last on the list of priorities.

blue stinger or bust

u all would be so mad but i would bask in the glory of the lightsaber

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Until this day I can't believe Sega lost the Panzer Dragoon source code. Un-fucking-believable. That game would be N#1 on steam sales.

Ezalc

They're all pretty different.
What are you in the mood for?
Costume Quest: light minimalistic JRPG style game
Legacy of Kain Collection: platformers
Skulls of the Shogun: strategy game, I think
Monaco: stealth and loot, extremely fun with 4 players

This is why I wish I had money. Damn you steam sales and making me choose! Which would most likely be the longest? Is the monaco community still going strong/easy to find people to play with?

So, I haven't posted in this thread in a while but I figured this was a worth while way to give back for the time I won stuff from Modbot. Since I don't know how to use that I figure we will do this in another way.

I preorded Batman: Arkham Origins on PC from Best Buy. They didn't have my physical copy when I went to pick it up so I cancelled it and bought a steam card to pay for the game. Just now Best Buy sent me not one but Two (yes Two), download codes for the game that unlock on Steam.

First come, first served if you want them PM me. No need for anything else. Just let me know if they work.

OMG! It worked like a charm! Thank you soooooooo much :D

rtcn63

Yay as well. Not a great game, but I beat the original and had fun. Couldn't slog through American Nightmare though. Not sure if the game was different, or that I just didn't care for the formula that much.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
...is anybody else's Community game count broken?

nogames8xdt8.jpg

I immediately panicked, but sure enough my actual library game count hasn't decreased.

What the hell man?
Normally, it just sucks for tf2 players.
Maybe Valve has some programmers from the Obamacare exchanges?

Hi! I thought you might pop into this thread after adding me yesterday. ;)

tumblr_mmwi2fscwm1snp9jdur.gif

No I mean - that Ronan has a leading role in SW7 is totally plausible in a non-weird way. What's weirdly plausible though, is that JaseC is currently busy power-buying star wars games off steam

Please, I already have them. ;)

Turfster

This is why I wish I had money. Damn you steam sales and making me choose! Which would most likely be the longest? Is the monaco community still going strong/easy to find people to play with?
I mainly Monaco'd with a group of friends, so I don't how easy it is to find people to play with, but the community is going strong. Game also got an update recently.
Costume Quest is a short game, a couple of hours for each campaign.

Bastion is steam, the others are origin codes

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bastion -- MB-8D91ACD733047306 - Taken by devo1989
medal of honor (ORIGIN) -- MB-E8FB4ECFB7B0C51A
burnout paradise: the ultimate box (ORIGIN) -- MB-8ED28F0FDFE77A65
mirrors edge (ORIGIN) -- MB-AB67E345A75CF197
populous (ORIGIN) -- MB-8E2D377F8BFEE6B5
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 -- MB-962784B3C481B16D - Taken by Gez
dead space (ORIGIN) -- MB-6600A38C03E7166F

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
...is anybody else's Community game count broken?

http://abload.de/img/nogames8xdt8.jpg[IMG]
[/QUOTE]

Mine is fine.

[quote="Leon Belmont, post: 88027289"]Not for me Jase, but Steam is acting weird, when you buy something it doen's show up in the library until you restart Steam.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that happened to me too, I'm on the beta btw.

Ezalc

I mainly Monaco'd with a group of friends, so I don't how easy it is to find people to play with, but the community is going strong. Game also got an update recently.
Costume Quest is a short game, a couple of hours for each campaign.

Hm, Skulls looks so much fun and I love strategy games though. Ugh this is a hard choice. I really want to play Costume quest but it's a shame it's so short. I'm trying to sell cards to see if I can scrape enough cents for it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Would you take let's say HL3 for all those missing games? Assuming you can't get them back.

I would accept only Ricochet 2. An actual Ricochet 2.

That's what you get for trying to min-Max, I'm afraid.
(Okay, I'll stop now.)

I still need to hit up Accent for Max Payne 1 FR. I missed him this morning. :(

Did you tried restarting Steam?

It's an issue with the Community website, not the client. My actual library game count as reported in the client is fine, which makes the problem all the more strange.

Turfster

Hm, Skulls looks so much fun and I love strategy games though. Ugh this is a hard choice. I really want to play Costume quest but it's a shame it's so short. I'm trying to sell cards to see if I can scrape enough cents for it.

Well, "short" might be a misnomer.
If you do everything in both campagins, it's still about... 5-8? hours
It's definitely less than the dozens of hours I spent on Monaco and the Kains, tho.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, if you hate yourselves and are looking for a reason to commit suicide, I'd suggest you read this thread I just found. Yes, I was bored, and yes, I plan on getting a shower when I get up tomorrow morning.

Ezalc

Well, "short" might be a misnomer.
If you do everything in both campagins, it's still about... 5-8? hours
It's definitely less than the dozens of hours I spent on Monaco and the Kains, tho.

Damn I feel like I'm narrowing it down to either Typing of the Dead and Monaco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom