• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
After the joke I made the other day about hockey I decided to actually look for a game on Steam, yet much to my surprise I could find any. Why is this? NFL I get because EA, but what about the Canadian HL, Olympics, or at least some sort of cartoonish kid's game surely.

I'm afraid of what this is. Perfect for Halloween, so I entered. Thank you, unless it's Bad Rats, then ... I don't know.

What region was Typing of the Dead cheap in?

GMG with the 20% off coupon GMG20-50Z66-SCTEU

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Alright, ten hours later but I beat Icarus Proudbottom Teaches Typing.

...Did I miss anything since then?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I totally managed to get 3 dollar Final Fantasy logging in from a Los Angeles account.

I had to go to shop.ubi.com on a incognito window and search for Final Fantasy. Going directly to the URL of the game didn't work.

Either way, I can't buy it. All my payments are from Brazil and Ubisoft doesn't like them. Probably can't go through Address Check on either Paypal or Visa CC.

Can't really be bothered to try my Master Card.

I sent you a PM about buying it from Brazil, but you'd need to pay 6 dollars to cover the cost (crazy exchange rate + paypal tax). I'm sure there's some nice American that can help you, as I believe you can gift them money.

Thanks, mannerbot offered to help me too and he's from USA so it's a bit cheaper.

Derrick01

Banned
Alan Wake? yay or nay?

A cinematic game with horribly simplistic and repetitive gameplay from start to finish and one that doesn't do any of the cinematic stuff well. The writing is embarrassing and the voice acting and lip syncing is so bad it's kind of hard to believe it's in a current gen AAA game. There is no value to this game at all except for a couple of cool songs in it. Thankfully youtube exists for that.

TheD

The Detective
Thanks a lot to mannerbot for helping me get Alice at a decent price instead of the EU ripoff.

Remember to remove the pointless 30FPS cap in one of the UE ini files and if you have a non 16:9 screen you have to set your desktop to a 16:9 res otherwise it will squash the image (even if you set it to a 16:9 res ingame).

Remember to remove the pointless 30FPS cap in one of the UE ini files and if you have a non 16:9 screen you have to set your desktop to a 16:9 res otherwise it will squash the image (even if you set it to a 16:9 res ingame).

My screen is 1080p 16:9, I'll check the ini files.

Thanks for the advices.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Keep at it man. I'm cheering for ya.

<3

Now that I'm here.

mUjmI3T.gif

Too much Saurus Ronin in the thread now.

There's no such thing as too much of a good thing!

Blablurn

Family Sharing worked great for me. I could see the whole list yesterday. Today it's just one game I'm downloading. And I cannot even continue to download it any further. It says asks for authorization or buy. My mate hasnt changed a thing in thes settings. Any explanations?

A cinematic game with horribly simplistic and repetitive gameplay from start to finish and one that doesn't do any of the cinematic stuff well. The writing is embarrassing and the voice acting and lip syncing is so bad it's kind of hard to believe it's in a current gen AAA game. There is no value to this game at all except for a couple of cool songs in it. Thankfully youtube exists for that.

I fully believe that Derrick is Comic Book Guy.

Family Sharing worked great for me. I could see the whole list yesterday. Today it's just one game I'm downloading. And I cannot even continue to download it any further. It says asks for authorization or buy. My mate hasnt changed a thing in thes settings. Any explanations?

It did that to me too early on. When it asks for authorization, I said "Yeah go for it" and it came back with "Hold up, you're already authorized" and all of his games appeared. Have you tried that?

Blablurn

It did that to me too early on. When it asks for authorization, I said "Yeah go for it" and it came back with "Hold up, you're already authorized" and all of his games appeared. Have you tried that?

It shows me another Family Sharing Request. And it asks me to name my PC :(

EDIT: aaaaaaaaah!

I typed my PC name again and as u said before, now it says im authorized again! I seeeee I seeee! Thanks again

Almost done with Spec Ops: The Line after picking it up from the daily deal the other day, I've made some questionable decisions to say the least....

Q02T0R4.jpg

Overall I can see why people can be turned off from it during the first half of the game, but story wise it really picks up during the last third.

Game play wise it's a standard tps, there's some frustrating moments with enemies with enemies throwing perfect grenades in cramped corridors while in cover but that's my only complaint really.

I have to say though, some of the choices you make in the game seem kind of arbitrary as if you don't have a choice where other choice situations are put in really well.

Trade Offer and Trading Card Updates
29 OCTOBER - AL
We've got some updates to Trade Offers to give you more options for receiving offers from users who aren't on your friends list, plus some improvements to the badge progress page.

Trade Offer privacy overview page
On your trade offers page, there's a new "Who can send me trade offers?" link that provides an overview of who can send you trade offers based on your current privacy settings.

"Trade URL" for third-party sites
On the new "Who can send me trade offers?" page, you'll also find a "Trade URL", which is a personalized URL you can share with other users to let them send you trade offers. You can use this URL on third-party sites, in chat rooms, or in group forums like this group's Trading forum. You can also create a new Trade URL at any time, which will make the old link inactive.

Badge progress links
In the "Cards left to collect" section of the badge progress page, there are a couple of new links providing quick access to that card's page on the market, and the game's trading forum.
This is a great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom