• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chronoja

Until this day I can't believe Sega lost the Panzer Dragoon source code. Un-fucking-believable. That game would be N#1 on steam sales.

Saga that is.

What surprises me is they haven't polished up Panzer Dragoon 1. It already has a PC port. Would be a good start.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So I just attempted to install Top Gun from a retail disc I purchased. I bought it because there are huge Steam logos plastered all over the packaging and big warnings like "Requires a FREE online STEAM account to play!!!". Since it's been removed from Steam, and the disc was quite old, I thought I'd take the chance.

And... it didn't work out well. Firstly, there was no CD KEY in the case. So I thought maybe it was like NBA 2K9 where I had to install the disc to attach it my account. It started off good - the readme files on the disc all reference Steam and provide instructions for setting up an account and whatnot. Once the program installed, it launched a Steam setup application which installed an insanely old version of Steam (it was green, not black) and then proceeded to download the latest client.

It then asked me to sign in. At this point I was excited, thinking this would be the point that it would attach the game to my account. Alas, it just signed me in to Steam normally and presented me with my regular list of games (without Top Gun in sight).

Strangely, when I launch the game, it comes up with the Steam overlay. But it's like... completely disconnected from Steam. Steam didn't show that I was in game or anything.

When pressing Shift+Tab to open the Steam overlay, the game immediately crashes.

Oh well, I guess it's still (somewhat) playable, but sadly didn't attach to my account.

Contact Steam support and explain to them, see if they'll add it to your account.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Until this day I can't believe Sega lost the Panzer Dragoon source code. Un-fucking-believable. That game would be N#1 on steam sales.

It's depressing how little attention was paid to ensuring source assets were backed up or stored for posterity even in the late 90s and early 2000s. Two examples that come to mind are Squeenix losing the original higher-res art assets for FFVII's pre-rendered backgrounds and Gearbox thus far not being able to find any source assets pertaining to Homeworld: Cataclysm.

Contact Steam support and explain to them, see if they'll add it to your account.

This is a good idea and certainly worth a shot, but I think he'll just be told to talk to the game's distributor/publisher.

I would accept only Ricochet 2. An actual Ricochet 2.

I still need to hit up Accent for Max Payne 1 FR. I missed him this morning. :(

It's an issue with the Community website, not the client. My actual library game count as reported in the client is fine, which makes the problem all the more strange.

But it's strange that this issue is only affecting you :(

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
If someone can make steam support work that's jshackles.
Not gonna happen though

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Done. I doubt it'll happen but I have my fingers crossed.

I explained that the game is unplayable due to the old Steam overlay files that were bundled on the disc causing it to crash. We'll see.

Soul Reaver, then SR2, then Defiance

you could also do Defiance first since its the most modern

i'll probably do that order, since i do remember playing a little SR on dreamcast but never finished it. what about blood oman 2? do that first or? do the stories connect?

Clawww

i'll probably do that order, since i do remember playing a little SR on dreamcast but never finished it. what about blood oman 2? do that first or? do the stories connect?

BO:2 should be last, that shit is the black sheep. Play BO1 if you really dig the series by the time you the others; it's a solid game but it's definitely dated.

Turfster

That BAFTA bundle keeps ballooning. (CoH2, FM2014, Rome II + DLC)
This definitely isn't going to be anything cheap or humble-like.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Maybe the problem will fix itself if I buy something.

Edit: Yep. Weird. Who'd have thought that the solution to losing games would be to buy more. ;)

I have a coupon for Foul Play but I don't know if stacks with the current discount.

Edit: nvm, you solved it :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have a coupon for Foul Play but I don't know if stacks with the current discount.

Edit: nvm, you solved it :p

Yeah, Dracula: Love Kills is only $6.69 so I thought I'd give it a shot. I'd guess that my Steam store purchases were decoupled from the figure for some reason. Odd that my DLC count didn't dip too, though.

Looks like Valve tricked you and you in turn treated them.

Am I doing it right? :p

Milamber

Uplay (Ubisoft) has Final Fantasy VII for $3.

Steam key confirmed. I just finished this a few days ago after 65 epic hours.

Sq84wqo.png
Yea I am in the US and when I went to Uplay it was $11 instead.
Guess it's over then.
Nooooo! That's what I get for sleeping! I missed a great deal again.

Did anyone else get this Nvidia GeForce update for a Shadowplay beta? It's supposed to record gameplay or something. Not sure if i want to download it since I already have Fraps and it's been doing well for me.

Parsnip

Did anyone else get this Nvidia GeForce update for a Shadowplay beta? It's supposed to record gameplay or something. Not sure if i want to download it since I already have Fraps and it's been doing well for me.

There's a thread about it here. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=704908

From my perspective it's great. The performance impact is next to nothing and the quality is more than good enough for a game DVR like functionality.

There's a thread about it here. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=704908

From my perspective it's great. The performance impact is next to nothing and the quality is more than good enough for a game DVR like functionality.

Thanks. From the impressions I'm getting from people in the thread, it's not half bad. Lots of people are saying it doesn't show off the games graphics as good as Fraps, but I'm guessing due to Youtube's compression it won't matter anyway.

I'll try it out myself.

Khronico

Just bought FF7 (was still $3 on my end). Never played a FF game for more than 10 minutes, so I'm pretty psyched.

Edit: Not sure where to put this but uh.... I got charged yet I never got a steam key, and it's not even in my uplay client games list...

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Just 33 more games to go until I can hit the 2000 mark with a special something. Oddly enough it's only cheaper on Steam BR (~$75).

Can you gift it? I could help you there.

Just bought FF7 (was still $3 on my end). Never played a FF game for more than 10 minutes, so I'm pretty psyched.

Edit: Not sure where to put this but uh.... I got charged yet I never got a steam key, and it's not even in my uplay client games list...

Where are you from? All my US VPNs are giving me 12 dollars.

Khronico

Can you gift it? I could help you there.

Where are you from? All my US VPNs are giving me 12 dollars.

Washington (not DC). It showed up as 3 bucks on the web store but not in the client. I still got charged 3 bucks though, so... Yeah. There wasn't even an activation key in the order confirmation email. My order history just says "Processing serial number or unlock code."

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Washington (not DC). It showed up as 3 bucks on the web store but not in the client. I still got charged 3 bucks though, so... Yeah. There wasn't even an activation key in the order confirmation email. My order history just says "Processing serial number or unlock code."

It takes a while to email you with a key. Don't worry. All my Washington VPNs are labelled as DC (even though they say Ashburn and Herndon) and they're all 12 bucks.

mannerbot

What region was Typing of the Dead cheap in?

Looked on Steamprices, seems like cheapest is actually the US? And it's on sale at the same price ($9.99) at GMG with an additional 20% off code available. But personally I'm waiting for the supposed Sega Halloween bundle before I buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom