• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I went through all usual stuff, "may be I should by Aliens CM, Ninja Blade, Alien Breed", decided not to, it felt so good, and then it occurred to me that I still bought about 10 games (so much for holding up till Xmas sale for the 3rd time), then I checked Jasec's batch and felt good again.

Speaking of, my Max Payne collection is now complete:

maximummaxwwc79.jpg

4 Max Payne 1s (French, Italian, Russian, rest-of-world).
4 Max Payne 2s (German, Italian, Russian, rest-of-world).
And just the one Max Payne 3 (universal).

Thanks again to Accent, Copons, Tenrius and The_Super_Inframan!

Arthea

4 Max Payne 2s. (German, Italian, Russian, rest-of-world).

Congratulations!
I tried to ask you yesterday on steam, but you were busy, so might as well ask here.
What are our chances to get better Castlevania: LoS discount at Xmas, or the same at least.
Or it's better to buy it now.

maximummaxwwc79.jpg

Why?

Milamber

http://abload.de/img/maximummaxwwc79.jpg[IMG]

Thanks again to Accent, Copons, Tenrius and The_Super_Inframan![/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/uyB1Whq.png

Honest I'd prefer Miku since I enjoy rhythm games much more.
I'm more of a management sim type of person with dance elements.

JaseC

Congratulations!
I tried to ask you yesterday on steam, but you were busy, so might as well ask here.
What are our chances to get better Castlevania: LoS discount at Xmas, or the same at least.
Or it's better to buy it now.

It's likely to be cheaper during the Winter Sale or perhaps even during next month's Autumn Sale. I'd hold off if you've got something to play in the meantime.

Because +1 (or rather +6).

Arthea

Honest I'd prefer Miku since I enjoy rhythm games much more.
It's possible we'll get Steins Gate next year, that beats and Miku and Idol Master by a landslide!

It's likely to be cheaper during the Winter Sale or perhaps even during next month's Autumn Sale. I'd hold off if you've got something to play in the meantime.

Ya, I have plenty to play, for several lifetimes, I still want LoS, but I'll restrain myself till Xmas, thanks!

JaseC

To get the key for Knytt Underground, if you got it from indiegala bundle

you have to register on desura (key in your indiagala profile)

then

http://www.desura.com/collection and click on keys.

Took me a while to understand that :(

What's the go with Indie Royale's Spring Sun Bundle? Since there's no individual Desura key for the game I'm guessing IR is waiting on Steam keys to add to the bundle?

zkylon

zkylewd

maximummaxwwc79.jpg

sometimes I feel like someday you'll actually own everything

a scary proposition

Zeknurn

sometimes I feel like someday you'll actually own everything

a scary proposition

No matter how many games he buys he will never be able to own everything on Steam. His collection will always be incomplete.

Did anything come out of the runes on Cyl's grave? Or was it just another case of Valve artists being lazy again.

wazoo

I don't understand why steam keys have to be obtained through Desura

yeah, sure, not the best system, they could have updated the indiegala bundle page. It seems the devs did not bother to check all the possible bundles they participate and only sent keys to desura.

with all these bundles, we get lost. I just discovered that my Bunny must die bundle on indieroyale has now a steam key.

Knurek

To get the key for Knytt Underground, if you got it from indiegala bundle

Does not work if you had bought the Indie Royale bundle earlier, the key page says you need to get Steam key off of IR collection page, which still doesn't have Steam key field for Knytt.

wazoo

Does not work if you had bought the Indie Royale bundle later, the key page says you need to get Steam key off of IR collection page, which still doesn't have Steam key field for Knytt.

worked for me. Still, it took me a while to find the good page on desura.

I bought the game during the indiegala flashpoint offer

JaseC

Indie Royale bundles are different: instead of individual Desura keys, you're given one master Desura key that applies to the whole bundle. If memory serves, it's because of this that Steam keys are added to the bundles themselves rather than your IR-sourced Desura collection.

Knurek

Yes, like I said, it doesn't work for people who bought the Indie Royale bundle, since they already have Knytt in their Desura collection - clicking keys there will tell you to activate from Indie Royale page.

Peeps from Indie Gala should be in the clear.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
No matter how many games he buys he will never be able to own everything on Steam. His collection will always be incomplete.

This makes me wonder, Jase - what's your white whale? Is there a game out there that you've missed and there are no copies floating around? If so, what's the most you'd be willing to spend to get it? Could you just let it go?

JaseC

This makes me wonder, Jase - what's your white whale? Is there a game out there that you've missed and there are no copies floating around? If so, what's the most you'd be willing to spend to get it? Could you just let it go?

Well, I've been throwing around Wheelman a fair bit lately, so I'd say that. I suppose I'd go as high as the Aussie RRP for a new PC release ($90).

Tenrius

Well, I've been throwing around Wheelman a fair bit lately, so I'd say that. I suppose I'd go as high as the Aussie RRP for a new PC release ($90).

It looks like you don't have Rayman 2 as well.

JaseC

Please someone post the horror that was the SFxT gems

Haha, I didn't mean to imply I wouldn't buy it! I draw the line at buying region-specific pieces of DLC; anything that's been pulled is dead to me.

Edit: Well, unless I thought I'd actually use the content at some point. For example, if Ubi yanked Black Flag overnight, I'd chase a Steam version of the Season Pass.

Wait they removed Saw again, what sort of game is konami playing? Is there any reason it's missing a buy button, I mean I'm curious. It's not like there are local copies available. I own the game on 360 already and I'm dead broke so I'm not double dipping but I find it odd.

I kind of want to buy a copy, someone buy two and hold on to it so you can scalp it to me when I get a new job.

JaseC

Wait they removed Saw again, what sort of game is konami playing? Is there any reason it's missing a buy button, I mean I'm curious. It's not like there are local copies available. I own the game on 360 already and I'm dead broke so I'm not double dipping but I find it odd.

It'll probably be back soon. Konami did the same thing on Steam AU with Castlevania during its pre-purchase period -- it disappeared for about two weeks, for no apparent reason, only to suddenly return one sunny afternoon.

Edit: Oh, and the game is still available on Steam US.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Eleusis -- MB-FDDE18AF5CA122A5 - Taken by FloatingDivider

This should work, I won a copy a couple of days ago and just found out they added steam keys to the BM8 bundle. I had completely forgotten I'd already bought it!

Gbraga

How does the Steam Cloud works when you play something in offline mode? I was in offline mode while playing Arkham Origins yesterday, but then I found out it has Steam Cloud, will my cloud save overwrite my offline progress?

Card Boy

Banned

maximummaxwwc79.jpg

I would say this is getting sad, but it got sad years ago.

Chronoja

If there's anyone who is nice enough to gift me a copy of Saw before it's gone again for good it would be much appreciated, payment will be instant.

Picked up Vampire: The Masquerade from Steam last night and Typing of the Dead from GMG.

There are a few other things that interest me in the Halloween sale, but I'll hold off for the time being.

JaseC

I would say this is getting sad, but it got sad years ago.

But I only began collecting hoarding games 15 months ago!

Edit: Incidentally, Archive.org captured my profile the day before last year's Summer Sale began. Including DLC, I had 931 "games"; I now have 3,688.

ZeroXZee

Alone In The Dark and Saw are back just for this sale, or they will stay in the Steam catalog? I don't want to buy them right now... :(

JaseC

Alone In The Dark and Saw are back just for this sale, or they will stay in the Steam catalog? I don't want to buy them right now... :(

It'd be incredibly weird for Alone in the Dark to disappear after the sale and Saw returned about a week ago now.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So I played some of Sid Meier's Pirates! last night, and man what a nostalgia rush that was.

It was also surprising in that they made some real great improvements to it over the old Pirates! game for the C64. I mean of course the graphics are all very improved, and the look of the game is much more slick than I expected, but it's the gameplay changes that have impressed me the most so far. Ship battles are more fun than ever, as they've added some new mechanics that give them more strategy than before. And I had my first few dances with a governor's daughter, I'd read before that some people kind of loathe the dances but I found them fun minigames actually. Really botched my first dance, took me awhile to get the mechanics of it down, lol.

Overall I'm very impressed with it so far, it's a great improvement over the original and I can see myself playing this a lot. Still as damn addicting as it ever was, and I'm sure I have a lot to (re)discover with it yet. Very much worth $2.49!

The_Monk

Finally got some spare time for GAF time! For some reason I was expecting some things in this Sale such Community Votes and flash sales. Oh well, I hope all that happens in the Autumn sale.

I also got a nice price for a Monitor, finally. It pays to support your local business since he talked directly to the retailer to get some neat price on that and more, good news soon to be able to play games at least on proper/Okay-ish settings... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom