• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoism

wow this is bad. I refuse to buy any more season / online passes after being burnt the last two times.

for real I really hope next gen people get a clue and dont just give them free money... the BSI season pass is my last ever.. I'm sure those DLCs will be amazing but waiting 10 + months is ridiculous.. plus I'm going to wait til both are out. Because you just know that one of them are only going to be about 4 hours long max...

mrgone

That Vodo page has some pretty terrible scripting. The new minimum is apparently $1, but you can still move the slider below that, it just tries really hard to crash your browser if you go to check out.

I'm not one to care about achievements unless they add some sort of fun or interesting challenge, and most of those I can come up with and strive for myself, so that's okay.

What type of bugs though? Anything that would take me out of the experience or become something to be extra tedious?

I was able to complete it without serious problems. The main "bug" is that the game is unoptimized. There are some unpolished visuals in places, too, although at the same time there are excellent scenery/lighting shots in other places.

I had a lot of fun with it. I thought the minimal story was dumb/pointless and the "official" ending (iirc the devs pointed out the correct interpretation in the steam forums) kinda made my eyes roll but the story is largely in the background so it shouldn't pull you out.

derExperte

I'm a controller kind of guy, so the lack of it is a deal breaker for me.
I'm just hoping that they either patch it or the community will.

Lack of proper gamepad support is of course the next big thing. I can live with kb/m but especially the long drives would play more comfortably with a gamepad, holding down 'w' for 10 minutes straight isn't optimal.

And my game crashes when I take a screenshot through Steam.

neoism

MQOv2YM.png

JaseC is the gaf Keanu Reeves confirmed

for real I really hope next gen people get a clue and dont just give them free money... the BSI season pass is my last ever.. I'm sure those DLCs will be amazing but waiting 10 + months is ridiculous.. plus I'm going to wait til both are out. Because you just know that one of them are only going to be about 4 hours long max...

yup. BioInf burned me as well. Blands2 turned out to be decent enough for the content they pushed out. Never again.

I couldn't get it to work either unless I paid at least $1.

Thanks, I'll try again. I don't get how the average is under that though. meh I'm too tired to devote any energy to worrying about it.

EDIT - it worked, thanks. Although I have reserved a special little corner of hell for those that force me to set up an account to access what I have already paid for, especially when they don't make this clear before purchase.

gdt

I haven't posted much in here cause my pc died :(. Been without for like a month. Barely have any games to play...been repaying console exclusives. Might have to...turn...on...my...Wii! How could i have fallen so far...?

I should be able to build a monster in 2/3 months time and then be able to pick up everything for cheap during steam sales :).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I should be able to build a monster in 2/3 months time and then be able to pick up everything for cheap during steam sales :).

The next two months play host to the Autumn Sale and Winter Sale respectively, so you should reverse that order: Buy a ton of cheap games -> build gaming PC.

Grief.exe

I haven't posted much in here cause my pc died :(. Been without for like a month. Barely have any games to play...been repaying console exclusives. Might have to...turn...on...my...Wii! How could i have fallen so far...?

Sorry to hear that, you need to get back on the horse!

I'll never be dethroned by the likes of you. You'll NEVER own Elf Bowling: Hawaiian Vacation! NEVER!

Not only does Jase have Elf Bowling: Hawaiian Vacation, but he has the sequel Elf Bowling: Elves do Christmas

gdt

The next two months play host to the Autumn Sale and Winter Sale respectively, so you should reverse that order: Buy a ton of cheap games -> build gaming PC.

I'm constrained with temporary bills at the moment that will end in about 2 months...so i probably can't do that. Bummer.

Buy Sin&Punishment 2, it should be dirt cheap by now.

neoism

yup. BioInf burned me as well. Blands2 turned out to be decent enough for the content they pushed out. Never again.

Yeah I really should re-download Blands2.... but I got like 90 hours from the base game and even though they did released them a lot quicker I still think it wasnt quick enough all should have released about 3 months out... The last one was fun for the most part but I was burnt out by then as well...Plus the drop rates in that game where just as bad as D3 lol...I should have played more with people...I mostly always played it solo... it was clearly designed for multiplayer

derExperte

No need to feel bad, Harlan Ellison can probably eat tonight now.

I wonder what ModBot thinks about that story.

Oh hey, here he comes...

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to HateBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

HATE HATE HATE -- MB-FD95B73DAEF2392A - Taken by afternoon delight. 13 entrants total.

t1383148368z1.png

Scipius

Dear Esther giveaway coming up:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Dear Esther -- MB-E0E9DE0F69C4C3AB - Taken by ZeroXZee. 9 entrants total.

t1383158135z1.png

I'm trying to create a steam account. I think going forward, after the Steam console is released, I will favor it for multiplat games and get the PS4 for exclusives. One question I have about creating an account though, I have portal 2 that I got with the PS3 and want to carry over my achievements, as well as the game, to my steam account. When I try to create an account it says psn_MYPSNNAME. Is there a way to have the name I want and not that? I don't mind having the same screen name as my PSN ID, but that "psn_" prefix there is bothering me.

I only ever played the C64 version. Hell I still have the box and maps that came with it, lol! Those good old Microprose boxes and manuals...

Buy it Arthea, it's only $2.49. Less than the cost of a tank of gas. Less than a meal at Five Guys. Less than a cheap $3 DVD out of the Wal Mart clearance bin....

I have a truck, so a tank of gas is ~$150 CDN. If I used this for everything I was interested in, I'd be broke pretty damn quickly :p

JaseC

I'm trying to create a steam account. I think going forward, after the Steam console is released, I will favor it for multiplat games and get the PS4 for exclusives. One question I have about creating an account though, I have portal 2 that I got with the PS3 and want to carry over my achievements, as well as the game, to my steam account. When I try to create an account it says psn_MYPSNNAME. Is there a way to have the name I want and not that? I don't mind having the same screen name as my PSN ID, but that "psn_" prefix there is bothering me.

Create an account here and link it to your PSN account after the fact.

Grief.exe

Go to your profile, click edit, and change your profile name.

Your account name will always have that prefix, no one will see that except for you.

derExperte

Do it the other way around. Create a Steam account, call it what you want and then link it to PSN. It's been so long that I can't remember the exact procedure but it worked for me.

Lain

I just noticed that Edna & Harvey: The Breakout is now on Steam. Do you guys think that people that bought it off the Gala Store will receive Steam Keys?

JaseC

I just noticed that Edna & Harvey: The Breakout is now on Steam. Do you guys think that people that bought it off the Gala Store will receive Steam Keys?

Doesn't look like it. Kosmonape's "Maybe the guys from GalaStore can make something happen" is a thinly-veiled "We'd want to be reimbursed for any and all Steam keys distributed to existing owners".

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Alone in the Dark - yay or nay?

Alone in the Dark 2008 is a very poor game with frustrating difficulty spikes, a stupid story with dumb characters, and a main mechanic that basically doesn't work. If you like playing bad games in the genre, go for it. I played it at the time. I got a limited amount of amusement out of the somewhat non-linear part right near the end of the game. I would not recommend it to anyone though.

Dolor

This may be my first Steam sale where I don't buy anything since I started (2011). A combination of me having bought most of the games I am interested in already, having so many games to play that I don't really need anything right now, and most of the games on sale being for a genre (horror) I am not interested in.

The few games I do want that are on sale aren't cheap enough for impulse buys and don't have cards so I probably wouldn't play them soon if I did buy them.

#SteamProblems

fantomena

Let's try this from another angle: why do you want it?

I tried a demo on my X360 a couple of year ago. It was fun, but buggy and had some "sloppy/laggy" controllers.

Alone in the Dark 2008 is a very poor game with frustrating difficulty spikes, a stupid story with dumb characters, and a main mechanic that basically doesn't work. If you like playing bad games in the genre, go for it. I played it at the time. I got a limited amount of amusement out of the somewhat non-linear part right near the end of the game. I would not recommend it to anyone though.

I'm gonna listen to Stump on this one.

Thanks, Steambros. No buy then.

The_Monk

Alone in the Dark - yay or nay?

You had it on your Cart yesterday, then you removed based on the opinions from some GAFfers, now you wonder if you should get it or not, again.

I think you may suffer from Amnesia since it's not the first time such thing happens :p You should check that fellow GAFfer!

fantomena

You had it on your Cart yesterday, then you removed based on the opinions from some GAFfers, now you wonder if you should get it or not, again.

I think you may suffer from Amnesia since it's not the first time such thing happens :p You should check that fellow GAFfer!

Yeah, I probably have Amnesia.

louiedog

Doesn't look like it. Kosmonape's "Maybe the guys from GalaStore can make something happen" is a thinly-veiled "We'd want to be reimbursed for any and all Steam keys distributed to existing owners".

Old: Put DRM on everything or people will steal it and we won't make any money!
New: Take as many easily piratable DRM-free copies as you want for a few pennies, but you'll have to pay again for Steam keys or we won't make any money!

Maybe the problem will fix itself if I buy something.

Edit: Yep. Weird. Who'd have thought that the solution to losing games would be to buy more. ;)

I'm glad that you issue get fixed by buying something... so this is the new solution to fix an issue with Steam, buying games? lol

Lain

Gah, it sorta sucks. Ah well, I'm sure the game will end up in some sort of bundle again down the road, this time with a steam key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom