• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec

Avadon 2: The Corruption Now Available

I have to finish Black Fortress still but with all these damn Halloween events... I probably wont have time until they are over. I love looking forward to playing a game though, it'll feel nice when I sit down to load it up.

Knurek

Avadon 2: The Corruption Now Available

tumblr_m22qkaAMJy1qk5ynno1_400.gif

I think you meant Valdis Story

Turfster

I'm assuming the lack of interest across the board is because it's a minimally-enhanced port there was no clamor for in a genre no one likes anymore. The fact that you're saying it's tough (but not Super Meat Boy microchallenges tough, presumably) probably doesn't help.
Well, it's been.... ages, but no, not Super Meat Boy hard ;)
As for genre no one likes any more... I don't know.
Quite a few indie games are similar in basic gameplay (see for example Hammerwatch)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hey JShackles, there's a small thing that's been bugging me. Painkiller: Black Edition doesn't register as being owned on Enhanced Steam. I don't know if it's still tied to the old Gold Edition ID or what but I thought I'd let you know since I find it awfully weird.

It's in my Steam Library but it won't even say that I own it on their in-Steam store. It also won't let me rebuy it. I don't know if there's anything you can do about this either.

That's an issue at Valve's end -- in some cases content isn't flagged as owned despite it being tied to your account. A final, thorough cross-check is run when checking out to ensure people can't accidentally purchase something twice, which is why you're unable to buy it.

First world problems. I have one of those American express serve cards. Its like a refillable credit card. Anyways I'm going to close the account since they are going to start charging a monthly fee. However I still have $2.99 credit I need to get rid of before I can close it. Oh Neogaf, what should I buy off steam for $2.99? I have a ton of games so I'm having trouble finding something for $2.99 that I don't already own,
http://steamcommunity.com/id/baroncalamity/games/

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hey JShackles, there's a small thing that's been bugging me. Painkiller: Black Edition doesn't register as being owned on Enhanced Steam. I don't know if it's still tied to the old Gold Edition ID or what but I thought I'd let you know since I find it awfully weird.

It's in my Steam Library but it won't even say that I own it on their in-Steam store. It also won't let me rebuy it. I don't know if there's anything you can do about this either.

I've encountered a few issues like this. Enhanced Steam uses the storefront API to determine if you own something or not. So if the API says you don't own it, and it doesn't show up in the storefront with the typical "green banner", there is know way for Enhanced Steam to know if you own it or not. :(

Typically when people ask, I tell them their best bet is either to a) ignore it or b) put in a support ticket with Steam.

And speaking of Enhanced Steam: I've got a few updates I'm working on for the next version, and I'm working concurrently to bring these new features to Firefox. So a new Chrome AND Firefox version are in the works and should be released soon.

First world problems. I have one of those American express serve cards. Its like a refillable credit card. Anyways I'm going to close the account since they are going to start charging a monthly fee. However I still have $2.99 credit I need to get rid of before I can close it. Oh Neogaf, what should I buy off steam for $2.99? I have a ton of games so I'm having trouble finding something for $2.99 that I don't already own,

Just find something you like at the top of this list.

Dr Dogg

Joan of Arc?

Oh you...

Saying that I've picked up a horrible collecting habit of my own. Ubi have just launched a new Assassin's Creed website which levels you up by what AC games you have linked to your Uplay account and completed the main story. I'm only missing 7 out of 19 and 3 of them haven't been released yet.

Anteater

Good thing you played AA first. AC makes it impossible to go back and play it again. It's a true evolution of the formula, an actual sequel. It's rare to see that anymore.

Yeah, I heard about that so I stuck with it, was almost done with the game but lost my save so had to replay :(

Can't wait!

I've encountered a few issues like this. Enhanced Steam uses the storefront API to determine if you own something or not. So if the API says you don't own it, and it doesn't show up in the storefront with the typical "green banner", there is know way for Enhanced Steam to know if you own it or not. :(

Typically when people ask, I tell them their best bet is either to a) ignore it or b) put in a support ticket with Steam.

And speaking of Enhanced Steam: I've got a few updates I'm working on for the next version, and I'm working concurrently to bring these new features to Firefox. So a new Chrome AND Firefox version are in the works and should be released soon.

So that's why it says I own the ultimate edition of Fallout: New Vegas when I have just the base game and the 2 cosmetic DLCs.

I need to get the 4 story DLCs sometime I think.

Good thing you played AA first. AC makes it impossible to go back and play it again. It's a true evolution of the formula, an actual sequel. It's rare to see that anymore.
AC is the better game but I think the story in AA is more cohesive. If I could get the level of story in AA with the mechanics of AC, that would make the perfect Batman game for me.

Derrick01

Banned
AC is the better game but I think the story in AA is more cohesive. If I could get the level of story in AA with the mechanics of AC, that would make the perfect Batman game for me.

Sounds like you should play Origins. I'm only about halfway through the story but in the OT everyone who beat it is saying the story blows the other 2 games away. I am noticing it is a bit darker and less cartoony in tone.

As for the gameplay it's pretty close to being the same as AC with a few minor but solid tweaks and additions. It's really well done for a 2nd team.

Dr Dogg said:
Are you feeling alright? That was... something nice.

The batman games are one of the few bright spots of this past generation so I'll always have something nice to say about them.

Grief.exe

Legacy of Kain games, specifically Soul Reaver
I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream
Shadow Man

Cheddahz

Banned
Congrats to trailmix16 for winning I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream! There were 102 entrants total. I bought the game to giveaway before it was put in a bundle, so I'm sorry that I gave away a game that can be found cheaper now, but I hope you enjoy the HORROR these people have to suffer

Crossdressing Halloween! ends in a few hours, so be sure you enter that giveaway!

Cheddahz

Banned
which arkham game should one play first?

Arkham Asylum

I'll post this here, since I suffered the last post curse

Congrats to trailmix16 for winning I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream! There were 102 entrants total. I bought the game to giveaway before it was put in a bundle, so I'm sorry that I gave away a game that can be found cheaper now, but I hope you enjoy the HORROR these people have to suffer

Crossdressing Halloween! ends in a few hours, so be sure you enter that giveaway!

Colin.

Refined metal, which is a lower denomination of TF2 currency than keys. Like pence to pounds or cents to dollars (although the ratio is not 100:1)

Yep, this. Also, the common rate is usually 6:1. So 6 ref would be worth one key.

Alright. So something you can't buy on the Steam market then.

You can obtain ref and keys through these trading sites as well, and payment is usually through Paypal. And in most cases, it works out considerably cheaper than the steam market.

Altazor

Arkham Asylum is a great game. I enjoyed its style (3D metroidvania-ish) a bit more than City's, but the latter game's mechanics are better. Plus it has different boss battles instead of the same thing over and over again.

But they're both great and both recommended. I haven't played Origins yet, though :(

JaseC

You can obtain ref and keys through these trading sites as well, and payment is usually through Paypal. And in most cases, it works out considerably cheaper than the steam market.

It's worth mentioning that if you go this route, you don't have a safety net -- if you get screwed over, all you can do is open a dispute with PayPal and hope for the best, whereas on Steam you have the option of asking Valve to reverse the trade.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Closure, if you like puzzle games. EDIT: Huh, misread the price. Guess you'd have $0.50 left after that too.

And since RionaaM can't be here to say it: F.E.A.R. (...you'd have $0.50 left after that though)

Colin.

It's worth mentioning that if you go this route, you don't have a safety net -- if you get screwed over, all you can do is open a dispute with PayPal and hope for the best, whereas on Steam you have the option of asking Valve to reverse the trade.

True, whilst more expensive, you do have more of a safety net. But as long as you stick to reputable sellers, it will be fine the vast majority of the time. I've not had a single trade go through that I wasn't happy with.

Sounds like you should play Origins. I'm only about halfway through the story but in the OT everyone who beat it is saying the story blows the other 2 games away. I am noticing it is a bit darker and less cartoony in tone.

As for the gameplay it's pretty close to being the same as AC with a few minor but solid tweaks and additions. It's really well done for a 2nd team.

Just started yesterday and I tend to agree. Still getting used to the upgrade and gadget system.

Dr Dogg

The batman games are one of the few bright spots of this past generation so I'll always have something nice to say about them.

Well now I feel like a monster hahaha.

Still glad to see you're enjoying Origins. That's a make or break affair with the glitches, faster combat and twisted upgrade tree. Though it's the first in the series I've felt has the essence on Batman and not just feel of the setting. If you've read Year One I've found so far it has taken a lot of characterisation from that.

Derrick01

Banned
which arkham game should one play first?

AA-->AC-->AO

Despite the last game being a prequel, from a game mechanics standpoint the last 2 make Asylum unbelievably boring to play through. Combat encounters in AA grow to like 6 guys at most usually and there's limited room to glide and do Batman stuff outside of predetermined rooms. The "boss" fights are terrible in that game as well. AC and AO give you the freedom to glide around and provide many more characters to the story, vastly improved combat mechanics (with fights that can have around 20 people at once if not more) and much better boss fights.

JaseC

True, whilst more expensive, you do have more of a safety net. But as long as you stick to reputable sellers, it will be fine the vast majority of the time. I've not had a single trade go through that I wasn't happy with.

Yeah, if you do your due diligence then the likelihood of the something going awry greatly diminishes, but it's important those new to the game are aware that there is always an element of risk involved when trading outside of Steam. Ditto for using a VPN to unlock games early or redeem a region-locked key, even though there are no confirmed reports of Valve taking action against people using VPNs for reasons other than skirting region-specific pricing, since the SSA technically forbids using one at all.

Dec

How is MacGuffins Curse and Bloody Good Time?

Bloody good time is a great concept that just wasn't that compelling to me. Considering it's multiplayer nature, weather or not it's still active would be important to find out first.

Assassin's Creed multiplayer-ish. I think there was even some story where they stole the idea and the developer ended up disbanding but not sure.

JaseC

Bloody good time is a great concept that just wasn't that compelling to me. Considering it's multiplayer nature, weather or not it's still active would be important to find out first.

Assassin's Creed multiplayer-ish. I think there was even some story where they stole the idea and the developer ended up disbanding but not sure.

Dead as a doornail:
Code:
[URL="http://steamcharts.com/app/2450"]Month      	Avg. Players 	Gain 	% Gain 	Peak Players
Last 30 Days     	3.2 	-20.0 	-86.26% 	13[/URL]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom