• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

from 54 to 65

Steam is a digital distribution, multiplayer, and social platform developed by Valve Corporation. It is used to distribute games and related
media online, from small independent developers to larger software houses. Steam also has community features, automated game
updates, in-game voice and chat functionality. As of December 2012, there are over 2000 games available through Steam, and 65 million
active user accounts.

Anteater

Alan Wake also look kind of goofy

alan_wakes_american_nbxr9e.jpg

alan_wakes_american_n45pj5.jpg

I love the fog in this game though, I think it's one of the games that did it right

Knurek

If anyone's interested, I emailed one of Indie Royale support stuff Re: Knytt Underground Steam keys, he says they plan to have them available by the end of the week.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Holy moly. I wonder how much of that is the impact of DOTA 2.

Probably a good amount.

To this day I've not played more than a few hours of DOTA2. I should really spend some time with it to see what all the hubbub is about...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Alan Wake also look kind of goofy

I love the fog in this game though, I think it's one of the games that did it right

American Nightmare was severely hamstrung by the XBLA size limit. The levels are few and tiny, and some of the textures are downright awful.

Mordeccai

Probably a good amount.

To this day I've not played more than a few hours of DOTA2. I should really spend some time with it to see what all the hubbub is about...

This is a very slippery slope. I thought the same way two and a half months ago... now I have 500 hours logged and am still a complete noob. It's really destroyed my backlog. I play nothing but dota anymore. And the times where I do get an urge to play something new, (doesn't matter which game I touch, even ones I've loved before!) I start a save file, play about thirty minutes to an hour, then get a craving for dota. So I quit the game and never come back to it.

I think I need counseling gaf.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
This may be my first Steam sale where I don't buy anything since I started (2011).
Just this morning I realized I haven't bought anything but gifts from the Steam store since July 25th. I'm tempted to toss a token $5 at this sale and pick up The Chaos Engine just because that seems really weird, haha.

Turfster

Weekend Deals begin today, too.

It's wednesday, not thursday... (Right?)
(And I mean for Valve, not for you mister land of tomorrow =p)

Just this morning I realized I haven't bought anything but gifts from the Steam store since July 25th. I'm tempted to toss a token $5 at this sale and pick up The Chaos Engine just because that seems really weird, haha.
Had a lot of fun with the original back in 1993, and since the new one is built around the original Amiga code, it should be pretty faithful (warning: the original was hard). It's strange I haven't really read any reviews about it, though.

kafiend

Get this highly sought after and desirable key here.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Hacker Evolution Duality -- MB-B2A0648745B3BD07 - Taken by Hasney

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
lhgnd5y.png

Open | Sell ?

also preview of new Enhanced Steam feature :)

Dolor

Probably a good amount.

Pretty similar trajectory to what we have already been seeing over the last several years.

As an amateur arm-chair student of the gaming business, I find this super interesting. They were already huge before, but I am curious what people at EA or Blizzard are thinking when they see those numbers. I mean, sure, FIFA and Diablo sold a bunch, but surely they didn't sell 65M copies which means there's a big pot of PC gamers they didn't reach.

I don't work in the games business, but if my marketing department knew of 65M demonstrably ready and willing customers for my product, my company would do almost anything to get into that market.

Dr Dogg

Alone in the Dark - yay or nay?

3 things to note.

1.) A selling point on the box blurb was being able to skip ahead in the game. That in itself is telling.

2.) The other selling point, it's 'realistic' fire simulation looks rubbish by today's standards.

3.) The best version bizarrely was the Wii version due to the motion controls (when they actually registered) made some of the repetitive and mundane tasks seam a bit more fun.

Bottom line. Only buy if your name starts with a J.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Definitely not open, Ravaged cards are worth squat.

Nice feature. Maybe add an indication of what 3 cards would for at the minimum (altho that would be lots of lookups I guess)?

I was thinking of adding that, but like you said there isn't really a good way to pull the data efficiently (that I know of).

Anyway, it's the first booster pack I've sold rather than opened, but seeing that foils only go for about $0.30 by themselves it would have been stupid to even take the chance on it.

denx

abP6ERJ.png

That's me done for Halloween. I had to leave some stuff out since I limited myself to around 30 dollars, but overall I'm pretty happy with my purchases. The only thing I feel I left pending from this list is the Alice Madness Returns Complete collection. It's kinda ridiculous that the complete collection can only be activated on Origin and yet it isn't on sale on the Origin store.

Altazor

stupid question: should I buy Darksiders II? I'll rephrase it: is it worth the 10 USD, or maybe I should wait for an eventual daily in a future sale?

Derrick01

Banned
stupid question: should I buy Darksiders II? I'll rephrase it: is it worth the 10 USD, or maybe I should wait for an eventual daily in a future sale?

If you're a fan of the first game don't, it's an embarrassing follow up in pretty much every way except combat which is noticeably improved. But dungeon design, quest design and story are all things that take a massive step back.

The loot system is horrible too just like most loot games. It always sounds awesome on paper but after 5 hours you're selling 90% of everything you find.

Dr Dogg

Real name or GAF name?

Well here's an addendum "...and ends in a C"

Muggins here bought it on launch for £69.99 for the super duper Collectors Edition. Yeah regrets, I've had a few.

I'm screwed either way, guess I should buy it.

Hahaha soz dude. Seams I've thrown you to the wolves. If it's any consolation I'm only 1 letter different between my real/GAF name. I've even got my first 2 initials covered as well.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Had a lot of fun with the original back in 1993, and since the new one is built around the original Amiga code, it should be pretty faithful (warning: the original was hard). It's strange I haven't really read any reviews about it, though.
Encouraging. My family's first computer was a prebuilt running Win95, so I have no nostalgia for or experience with the original. Just saw a Eurogamer video interview many months ago that made it look fun and thought it had a nice visual style.

I'm assuming the lack of interest across the board is because it's a minimally-enhanced port there was no clamor for in a genre no one likes anymore. The fact that you're saying it's tough (but not Super Meat Boy microchallenges tough, presumably) probably doesn't help.

I'm screwed either way, guess I should buy it.
loooollll

Valdis Story: Abyssal City is $14.99.

If anyone has a Dualshock 4 I would be interested in seeing how it works with this. The 360 controller's d-pad didn't work well enough for me.

Hey JShackles, there's a small thing that's been bugging me. Painkiller: Black Edition doesn't register as being owned on Enhanced Steam. I don't know if it's still tied to the old Gold Edition ID or what but I thought I'd let you know since I find it awfully weird.

It's in my Steam Library but it won't even say that I own it on their in-Steam store. It also won't let me rebuy it. I don't know if there's anything you can do about this either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom