• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin.

Ditto for using a VPN to unlock games early or redeem a region-locked key, even though there are no confirmed reports of Valve taking action against people using VPNs for reasons other than skirting region-specific pricing, since the SSA technically forbids using one at all.

Oh yeah, I definitely don't mess around with any region locked games. Might just be paranoia, but I think any VPN use would be more likely to raise a red flag on your account activity. Getting one good deal isn't worth risking my account for.

Freezard

Yeah, if you do your due diligence then the likelihood of the something going awry greatly diminishes, but it's important those new to the game are aware that there is always an element of risk involved when trading outside of Steam. Ditto for using a VPN to unlock games early or redeem a region-locked key, even though there are no confirmed reports of Valve taking action against people using VPNs for reasons other than skirting region-specific pricing, since the SSA technically forbids using one at all.

Thanks. Yeah, I don't usually buy things without a safety net, I prefer paying a bit extra for it. I always did in Diablo 3 even though you could trade outside of the Auction House for 15% cheaper.

tineladia

Neo Member
Meant to post this a couple of days ago. First time with a modbot giveaway so hope I got this right.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Trainz Simulator 12 -- MB-46369B844C5A030D - Taken by Kirosia

NotSelf

So far.

Brothers
Spelunky
Swapper

$8 left i narrowed it down to 3 game titles to choose from any suggestions would be appreciated:)

Sleeping dogs
Borderlands goty
Rise of triad

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Do you guys think the Darkness 1 will ever show up?

Never happening. The Starbreeze that made that game doesn't exist anymore. Hell Starbreeze has started using Unreal because they don't understand their own in-house engine since the majority of the talent bailed for Machinegames.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh yeah, I definitely don't mess around with any region locked games. Might just be paranoia, but I think any VPN use would be more likely to raise a red flag on your account activity. Getting one good deal isn't worth risking my account for.

I think I've only ever needed to use a VPN to get around region locking twice, despite how much crap I've bought. IIRC, the first time was to activate a US Inversion key, and more recently to activate a Russian Football Manager 2012 key.

Doubt it. 2K would first need to greenlight a PC port.

So far.

Brothers
Spelunky
Swapper

$8 left i narrowed it down to 3 game titles to choose from any suggestions would be appreciated:)

Sleeping dogs
Borderlands goty
Rise of triad
Whatever you do don't get Borderlands. Regardless of opinions on the quality of the game, it's just a bad PC port. I vote Rise of the Triad.

ArjanN

AA-->AC-->AO

Despite the last game being a prequel, from a game mechanics standpoint the last 2 make Asylum unbelievably boring to play through. Combat encounters in AA grow to like 6 guys at most usually and there's limited room to glide and do Batman stuff outside of predetermined rooms. The "boss" fights are terrible in that game as well. AC and AO give you the freedom to glide around and provide many more characters to the story, vastly improved combat mechanics (with fights that can have around 20 people at once if not more) and much better boss fights.

After just replaying it I still think AA is the most well-rounded. AC might have better mechanics, but also more bloat. It reminds me of Assassins Creed series in that way. Too many collectables/characters, much less coherent story.

Colin.

I think I've only ever needed to use a VPN to get around region locking twice, despite how much crap I've bought. IIRC, the first time was to activate a US Inversion key, and more recently to activate a Russian Football Manager 2012 key.

Yeah, although less common, that can happen with NA keys. I remember last year during the Amazon winter sale, a bunch of people were not too pleased when they were unable to activate Dead Island.

Derrick01

Banned
After just replaying it I still think AA is the most well-rounded. AC might have better mechanics, but also more bloat. It reminds me of Assassins Creed series in that way. Too many collectables/characters, much less coherent story.

I'll take better mechanics and content over a better story, it's more important for video games. The stories in both games are pretty terrible anyway so it doesn't really matter much, I just liked how AC had way more characters like Two Face, Catwoman (playing as her was an added bonus too), Penguin, Freeze, etc.

JaseC

Yeah, although less common, that can happen with NA keys. I remember last year during the Amazon winter sale, a bunch of people were not too pleased when they were unable to activate Dead Island.

Yeah, if memory serves a couple of 2K games Amazon offers are also region-locked. I want to say Mafia 2 and Civ IV, but I might be wrong on that.

Dr Dogg

I doubt it seeing as 2 didn't do great business and it's a licenced game. Though I hope so as I quite liked it in it's pseudo Pikmin-esqe ways (plus the tv channels in it were brilliant) and never say never with all these late ports popping up.

Nabs

Civ V just updated. How do I check what it was for?

check the hub

Civilization V: Brave New World Language Update
There's a small update coming through today that includes:

[LOCALIZATION]
- Added support for Traditional Chinese

[BUGS]
- Fixed some issues with the Pitboss server.
- Corrected some multiplayer lobby issues related to WorldBuilder file names.
- Corrected a multiplayer exploit that could allow humans to steal other humans tradable items.

I'll take better mechanics and content over a better story, it's more important for video games. The stories in both games are pretty terrible anyway so it doesn't really matter much, I just liked how AC had way more characters like Two Face, Catwoman (playing as her was an added bonus too), Penguin, Freeze, etc.

I had more fun playing as Catwoman then playing as Batman. Her combat felt a lot more fluid and fast. It was really fun.

JaseC

Kyntt Undergound Indie Royale keys are live if you own the Spring Sun Bundle.

Thanks for the heads-up. I redeemed my Indie Gala/Desura key yesterday, so I have a spare:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Knytt Underground -- MB-24A32D43D5DC2917 - Taken by Kirosia. 14 entrants total.

t1383159483z1.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
check the hub

Civilization V: Brave New World Language Update
There's a small update coming through today that includes:

[LOCALIZATION]
- Added support for Traditional Chinese

[BUGS]
- Fixed some issues with the Pitboss server.
- Corrected some multiplayer lobby issues related to WorldBuilder file names.
- Corrected a multiplayer exploit that could allow humans to steal other humans tradable items.

Next thread title: "See a game updating? Check the hub FFS"

Chronoja

Is Saw still purchase-able in the U.S. or is it down everywhere? I know the U.S. site still has the buy button, but does the transaction still go through?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I love going out on a supply run (foods and bathroom stuffs) in the middle of a sale.

Minty Dental Floss is 3 dollars. THREE DOLLARS.

Sorry, If i'm buying Dental Floss and not using it (because fuck flossing) for 3 dollars, I will buy a game for 3 dollars and not play it either.

I feel you jase. I get you bro.

JaseC

Is Saw still purchase-able in the U.S. or is it down everywhere? I know the U.S. site still has the buy button, but does the transaction still go through?

It's still available in the US. Konami has just removed purchase options from the PAL Land sub for some reason.

I love going out on a supply run (foods and bathroom stuffs) in the middle of a sale.

Sorry, If i'm buying Dental Floss and not using it (because fuck flossing) for 3 dollars, I will buy a game for 3 dollars and not play it either.

<3

Baha

Steam's acting up again. I redeemed my Knytt Underground key and after 2 restarts I still can't find it in my library despite the game page saying I own it (attempts to launch it from the store page freeze the client momentarily and nothing happens) and it's in my account details as redeemed.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
How to find the Steamkey for Knytt Underground on the Indiegala page? It just shows Desura.
There is a Steam key retrieval system on Desura:
http://www.desura.com/collection
Get it through Desura.
Register the key to your Desura account here, refresh the page, then click the "Keys" link opposite the game name to generate a Steam key.

Weird, My desura just goes "hey, fuck you, get the key from Indie Royale" then I go there and it's there.

I bought it on the Spring Sun, along with The Real Motherfucking Texas.

but flossing is good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom