• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

I may have asked this before so please forgive me if I did but are the L4Dead games worth playing in single player at all? I saw them listed in the sale and that there is a single player mode but I had always been under the impression that they were multiplayer co-op focused. I've not played either of them and was pondering picking them up whilst they're cheap you see.

Single player mode is exactly the same as multiplayer, just you have three computer controlled companions instead of (up to) three friends playing them.

(There are "deathmatch" modes too, but I don't know if they even work in single)

AI of companions isn't bad. They usually know what they are doing and they can even be more helpful than real players when it comes to help you out weird situations, but of course isn't really funny.

derFeef

It's basically where people actually control the infected and you play the campaign like you normally do, but actual people control the special infected

Heh, I know. I just think versus has no place in L4D and they should have focused on coop only - I am pretty alone with that sentiment though.

Single player mode is exactly the same as multiplayer, just you have three computer controlled companions instead of (up to) three friends playing them.

(There are "deathmatch" modes too, but I don't know if they even work in single)

AI of companions isn't bad. They usually know what they are doing and they can even be more helpful than real players when it comes to help you out weird situations, but of course isn't really funny.

Oh, that's better than I had thought. Thanks Copons :) I may just have to treat myself to those before the end of the sale.

Copons

Heh, I know. I just think versus has no place in L4D and they should have focused on coop only - I am pretty alone with that sentiment though.

I'm with you actually.

Love coop, not really dig versus.
But I always prefer PVE over PVP (like, I rarely played TF2 other than MvM), so I don't know really. ^^

KarmaCow

Left overs from the Humble Android Bundle 7

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Organ Trail: Director's Cut -- MB-93A7B4EA8B87A6B1 - Taken by Faabulous
Broken Sword: Director's Cut -- MB-7AFDAFBF27FCF6BF - Taken by kulapik

tickling

Banned
Finally got my pc to a reasonable (not great) state. OMG its like night and day I couldn't believe I was playing the game and thought it was a cut scene! Dont know why I didnt do it sooner.

Turfster

But... How do I play with all my friends then?
(Seriously, I have like, 14 friends that have L4D. It's one of the only games we all agreed to play on and could have fun playing together.)

derFeef

The only way to play!!! The Director can go suck it. If you can get a good group of 8 of you who aren't randoms then I found Versus to be way more fun.

(Seriously, I have like, 14 friends that have L4D. It's one of the only games we all agreed to play on and could have fun playing together.)

For sure, I just don't have enough friends who like those kind of games. And those few prefer coop.

MRORANGE

Yeah Versus was the only way, but there are 18 player modded servers on Left4Dead, the games were set on Expert mode and you would have 3 or 4 tanks at the same time with 30,000hp, Expert tanks usually have 8000hp - oh and zombies only stayed down with headshots.

fun times :)

Anybody else having a problem buying from the store right now?

It has been going on for hours for me with the initialization error for both paypal and cards. I was able to add to my wallet, though unable to use it. New browsers/close steam/through app and still nothing. Early on I tried breaking the cart down until the list price no longer exceeded what was in the wallet, though it continues to give me the finger.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, I know this game isn't on Steam, and I know I'd be betraying Gabe, but still: has anyone played Pathological? And do they think it was worth playing?

I ask because it's currently $2.50 on GOG, and it seems interesting enough. I've read about it a long time ago (along with The Void, which I already got on Steam -and I haven't played yet), and while it was regarded as having some problems, it appeared to be a strange and intriguing game.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I may have asked this before so please forgive me if I did but are the L4Dead games worth playing in single player at all? I saw them listed in the sale and that there is a single player mode but I had always been under the impression that they were multiplayer co-op focused. I've not played either of them and was pondering picking them up whilst they're cheap you see.
I don't think so. Most of the fun comes playing with friends, and barely escaping death after a huge zombie horde. Or purposefully alerting said horde, so your friends end up dying (though sometimes it comes to bite me in the ass and I end up dying instead)

If you want to, I'd be glad to play it with you. Just don't ask me to talk on the mic, my English pronunciation is awful :/

Guys, I know this game isn't on Steam, and I know I'd be betraying Gabe, but still: has anyone played Pathological? And do they think it was worth playing?.

The Void is a polished, streamlined experience that retains a great deal of the weird nature of Pathologic. I'd try that game first and decide if the atmosphere and style are to your liking.

Dr Dogg

What's going on in SteamGAF with doppelgangers just recently? We've had 2 Kojima's, 2 Ronan's and now 2 Lovecraft's. The Orange and Gray of GAF Yin and Yang in effect it seams.

Edit: Thanks for the spot woo and indeed hoo.

I don't think so. Most of the fun comes playing with friends, and barely escaping death after a huge zombie horde. Or purposefully alerting said horde, so your friends end up dying (though sometimes it comes to bite me in the ass and I end up dying instead)

If you want to, I'd be glad to play it with you. Just don't ask me to talk on the mic, my English pronunciation is awful :/

I may well take you up on that kind fellow GAFer :). Oh and your English is immeasurably superior to my Spanish, I'm sure :).

EDIT - yin does not have a 'g' Dr Dogg. Sorry, don't wish to be a jerk, but it's a common mistake that bugs me.

EDIT - you're welcome fine sir; thanks for being a gent about it :).

Grief.exe

What's going on in SteamGAF with doppelgangers just recently? We've had 2 Kojima's, 2 Ronan's and now 2 Lovecraft's. The Orange and Gray of GAF Ying and Yang in effect it seams.

Time for a dark Anderson Cooper who loves lowest common denominator gaming.

Vitacat

Thanks to all who addressed my questions.

Will have a look at Spelunky. Have played the demo on my Vita, and it was pretty fun. I can see it being really, really fun in an arcade cab.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The Void is a polished, streamlined experience that retains a great deal of the weird nature of Pathologic. I'd try that game first and decide if the atmosphere and style are to your liking.
I'll do that then, thanks. It will be cheap again in the future, that's for sure.

I may well take you up on that kind fellow GAFer :). Oh and your English is immeasurably superior to my Spanish, I'm sure :).
Gracias, pero mi inglés es más malo que pegarle al perro de la vecina inválida.

But yeah, thanks. And by all means, if you ever feel like playing it just say so! Be warned, though: I've only played it on Easy and Medium, and I kinda suck.

I'll do that then, thanks. It will be cheap again in the future, that's for sure.

Gracias, pero mi inglés es más malo que pegarle al perro de la vecina inválida.

But yeah, thanks. And by all means, if you ever feel like playing it just say so! Be warned, though: I've only played it on Easy and Medium, and I kinda suck.

um, k?

Thanks :). Oh and what you choose to do in your own time is your business, no-one elses.

*reads again*

Oh, I see, ha ha. Um, well don't worry about that; I'm sure my gaming skills would be sufficient to make you feel like a gaming god! :)
I'm sure I suck even moar!!!

It has been going on for hours for me with the initialization error for both paypal and cards. I was able to add to my wallet, though unable to use it. New browsers/close steam/through app and still nothing. Early on I tried breaking the cart down until the list price no longer exceeded what was in the wallet, though it continues to give me the finger.

Thanks for the confirmation!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Time for a dark Anderson Cooper who loves lowest common denominator gaming.

Can it just be a young Anderson Cooper who loves lowest common denominator gaming?

JYAFIwu.jpg

Since a "dark" Anderson Cooper might bring up some race issues.

Turfster

What's going on in SteamGAF with doppelgangers just recently? We've had 2 Kojima's, 2 Ronan's and now 2 Lovecraft's. The Orange and Gray of GAF Yin and Yang in effect it seams.

I am unique! Nobody can doppelganger me!
(Because nobody has any idea what my avatar is! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom