• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperHans

Question: Why does Steam (and PC games in general) have to do that Microsoft Direct X install on every new game? Back in the day all you needed was the latest version and you were sorted.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Looks like no Steam key despite the game getting greenlit. I might have bought the bundle only for that.
Didn't know it was on Greenlight, much less greenlit. It is really weird that some of those games don't even seem to come with Desura keys...

...But the developers don't seem actively hostile to the idea of providing Steam keys to purchasers on other services, so it might still happen. I'd keep an eye on this discussion thread since someone else has already put the question to them.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Interesting, must get my specs and give this a read. Thank you

All you really need to read is this:

it's required due to a bad versioning/packaging scheme as well as bad redistribution licensing terms on the D3DX libraries

Grief.exe

So we have featured Jase's house and backyard in the same day.

onAy8mH.gif

donny2112

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Typing of the Dead: Overkill -- MB-2852FC25DDEA8D1F - Taken by Gbraga

Kuroyume

Banned

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Hacker Evolution Duality -- MB-7B91D9448B734AAF - Taken by Soule

maty

If anyone played or is going to play Ittle Dew, a new dungeon was added as well as 2 new enemies and some more fixes.

Going to try it in a few minutes.

Kifimbo

Midweek update:

10/29/2013 - Alone in the Dark - Horror - Atari/Eden Games - $9.99
10/29/2013 - Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare - Horror - Atari/Darkworks - $6.99
10/29/2013 - Dracula: Love Kills - Adventure - Frogwares/Frogwares - $9.99
10/29/2013 - The Typing of The Dead: Overkill - Action - SEGA/Modern Dream - $19.99
11/05/2013 - Final Exam - Platformer - Focus Home/Mighty Rocket Studios - $9.99
11/13/2013 - Blood Knights - Action/RPG - dtp entertainment/Deck 13 - $XX.XX
TBA - Draugen - Horror - Red Thread Games/Red Thread Games - $XX.XX
TBA - Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery - Puzzle - Lucid Games/Lucid Games - $XX.XX
TBA - Sim Cell - Adventure - Strange Loop Games/Strange Loop Games - $XX.XX

Soule

Been on a Kairosoft binge on my mobile after being away from home for a week, get back to a new Dota update and Steam just updated and looks all fancy on the download screen. Love the way this platform just keeps evolving :)

Getting ready for some Dragon's Lair, not sure if I'll like it but got it on the cheap and the animation gives me them nostalgic vibes.

Valdis Story worth the price? Love action platformers but I have no idea about this game.

I played it for about 45 min. If you liked Dust, I'm pretty sure you'll like this. It would be easy to call it a Metroidvania as it comes with the basic mechanics of that category but it also has exp, leveling up stats, equipment, trading and converting items, spells(light and dark), combos. etc. I don't know how long it is or any deeper mechanics as I'm pretty much going into it blind. As for the value, I don't know, I got it for $10 and so far I'm liking it. Good Snes vibe with a nice art style.

I'm using the 360 controller which is fine but may hold off until I get a DS4 for the d-pad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom