• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Uuuuh uuuuuuh, if there'll be a GAF L4D2 party, count me in! (just without mic, but I'm used to write bad jokes during hordes instead of shooting :D )
Yay, we found another one! Is anyone else in?

I'm going to go ahead and grab it. The RPS article on it makes it sound like an experience worth having.
If you plan on playing it soon (hopefully before the sale ends), I'd love to hear your impressions. It's cheap enough that I wouldn't mind disliking it, just so I get to try a different kind of game.

Oh hey Steam finally improved the Download section. Neat.
I still prefer the old progress bar and the previous location of the download speed indicator.

Crayons

Banned
Time for a dark Anderson Cooper who loves lowest common denominator gaming.

UQZe4XO.png

Salsa

How is it running for you now. I remember telling you to turn off a few features, any luck?

its random as hell, im playing with everything on Ultra, downsampling and MSAAx2 cause tinkering with the options barely gives any difference

basically: constant beautiful 60 in some maps, constant drop to 40s in others

im hoping drivers + game patches iron it out, but it looks like most of my complaints are mostly prevalent in just 1 or 2 of the maps

MRORANGE

I'm surprised Steam-Gaf doesn't have more multiplayer community events going.

Heck if we could get a donation pool running we could easily get a dedicated gaming server up and running.

Cheddahz

Banned
Congrats to Colin, who was the winner of Crossdressing Halloween! He gets a free copy of Final Fantasy VII! I hope that the user is able to enjoy the HORROR of crossdressing to save your girl this Halloween!

There were 76 entrants total

Pakkidis

Any particular reason my steam keeps updating every time I open it. This time it was a 80 meg update. It seems other people have this problem and the only solution is to uninstall and reinstall but I really don't want to do that. I am NOT in the beta.

I'm not sure if these are legitimate updates or steam is screwy for me. The games work fine though.

mannerbot

Congrats to Colin, who was the winner of Crossdressing Halloween! He gets a free copy of Final Fantasy VII! I hope that the user is able to enjoy the HORROR of crossdressing to save your girl this Halloween!

There were 76 entrants total

Yawn, guess I won the better game after all
Bad Rats
. /flex

http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/25/5026574/batman-arkham-origins-review-knightfall

BATMAN: ARKHAM ORIGINS REVIEW UPDATE ONE

When I initially played Batman: Arkham Origins, I ran into a couple of weird bugs and freezes, but since returning to the game after its day-one patch, the situation has worsened significantly.

In the five or so hours I've put into the game since that patch, I've had around half a dozen crashes, including some cases where the game would not even load to the main menu following a crash. In addition to my own problems with Arkham Origins, a cursory look at WB's support forums makes it clear that I'm not alone in these issues. Some players have avoided major problems, but others have run into constant crashes, corrupted save data, and a major bug that prevents use of one of the game's fast travel points. Most distressingly, these issues appear to exist across all platforms, save one. We have not been able to find word of any major problems with Arkham Origins on the Wii U.

WB Montreal says it's hard at work on updates to take care of many of these issues, but until that patch is out and until we're able to test it, this solid game has taken some serious knocks — and it's difficult to recommend until we're confident players can complete the game.

oh damn. Anyone have any problems? I havn't had any yet...

Salsa

no real crashes except one BSOD and since its happening with BF4 im thinking these new games are pushing my card too much and maybe I should reduce the OC

the bug that prevents you to complete the riddler sidequest is straight up ridiculous, cant believe they didnt fix it yet. It's very early in the game and its completely innaccesible due to the bug

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
...I was seriously wondering what Halloween-themed game involved crossdressing, hah.

Derrick01

Banned

The major glitch I have is the well publicized Burnley tower glitch where you can't complete that radio tower without doing some strange workarounds in the game. I'm currently waiting until I can complete a Data set so I can unlock the 2nd crypto-tool upgrade which extends its radius, apparently you can hit the thing you need in the building from outside the window. The only other way I've seen is purposely getting Batman stuck so he glitch-launches like 50 feet in the air over a fence.

Other than that and a few really minor things like some enemies freezing in place it's been pretty smooth sailing. I'm glad they solved the open world stuttering problem that was so prevalent in AC on the PC version.

neoism

no real crashes except one BSOD and since its happening with BF4 im thinking these new games are pushing my card too much and maybe I should reduce the OC

the bug that prevents you to complete the riddler sidequest is straight up ridiculous, cant believe they didnt fix it yet. It's very early in the game and its completely innaccesible due to the bug

yeah that bug is just plain embarrassing for the QA team... its like they didn't even play their own game... smh

Turfster

Since Thief 2? Somebody didn't play Chaos Theory.

As stated earlier somewhere, I haven't. I played a bit of the first Splinter Cell and it was railroaded as fuck, so I bailed. I will rectify this next sale when Chaos Theory is discounted or if I find a disc copy for somewhere cheap.

Turfster

Pity the new steam downloader still prioritizes new downloads, instead of continuing the older one first.

Also, probably less than 18 hours until the humble bundle weekly rolls over (maybe the SEGA halloween bundle) and the indie royale halloween bundle goes live (only makes sense for it to become active on halloween) (Damn it Indie Royale, why couldn't you have done it 5 minutes earlier =p)

Kifimbo

Pity the new steam downloader still prioritizes new downloads, instead of continuing the older one first.

Also, probably less than 18 hours until the humble bundle weekly rolls over (maybe the SEGA halloween bundle) and the indie royale halloween bundle goes live (only makes sense for it to become active on halloween)

Indie Royale just went live. It sucks, especially if you bought bundles in the past.

oipic

I still prefer the old progress bar and the previous location of the download speed indicator.

Same - and unless I'm missing something, we now only see a total size of all downloads (unless you catch a download while it's in progress)?

I got home from work yesterday to find that a total of 1.6 GB had been downloaded, and 4 games had updated, but the UI provides no clue as to the size of each respective update. We Steam die-hards need to know!

Oh, and Rionaa, you changing your trusty avatar has unnerved me - this will take some getting used to, my friend.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Indie Royale just went live. It sucks, especially if you bought bundles in the past.
I just finished typing up the games from this.

Italics indicate Steam-redeemable titles.
  • Organ Trail: Director's Cut (woo and indeed hoo approved)
  • Dark Fall: Lost Souls
  • Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart
  • Rise of the Ravager
  • eXceed 2nd - Vampire REX
  • Alien Zombie Megadeath
  • Dead Hungry Diner
  • Overcast - Walden and the Werewolf
  • ...and their typical mystery game

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Same - and unless I'm missing something, we now only see a total size of all downloads (unless you catch a download while it's in progress)?

I got home from work yesterday to find that a total of 1.6 GB had been downloaded, and 4 games had updated, but the UI provides no clue as to the size of each respective update. We Steam die-hards need to know!

Oh, and Rionaa, you changing your trusty avatar has unnerved me - this will take some getting used to, my friend.
That's true. The new progress bar doesn't show the size until you start downloading the game/update. That's something I hope will be changed soon, because it's worse than before.

And sorry about the avatar. Shiny Braixen won me over, but don't you worry! It's a Delphox now, so I can change it again :p

Turfster

"Let's try some older stuff I haven't played yet. Hm, Vessel. Okay, I'm game." *boot game* Keyboard controls are not switchable to AZERTY and going left/up always needs a little "oh right, not the normal keys" moment. "Welp, I guess I'm never playing this."

People seriously need to buy The Swapper.

+1. I bought it at launch and I wasn't disappointed.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
People seriously need to buy The Swapper.

I'm waiting until tomorrow but I will.
"Let's try some older stuff I haven't played yet. Hm, Vessel. Okay, I'm game." *boot game* Keyboard controls are not switchable to AZERTY and going left/up always needs a little "oh right, not the normal keys" moment. "Welp, I guess I'm never playing this."

Game is great, you are missing out if you don't play it because of that.

Turfster

Game is great, you are missing out if you don't play it because of that.
Oh, I tried, and it works fine for the earlier puzzles... but once you have to actually start moving around a lot, it's unplayable... and since none of my controllers want to work with the PC anymore, that means it gets shitcanned.

(Seriously, no AZERTY support out of the box/allowing to edit keys is such a "fuck you part of the world" thing. It's not like it's hard to add a little check. Trust me, I've done it before for you QWERTY and QWERTZ freaks =p)

Blizzard

Banned
Steam said:
Fixed a bug where maximizing would lead to an incorrectly sized window if the Steam window was on a secondary monitor that has the primary taskbar positioned on it
Oddly enough I had just started encountering this bug since I got a new monitor, had two differently-sized monitors, and was playing games on the right one. Thanks Valve!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, I tried, and it works fine for the earlier puzzles... but once you have to actually start moving around a lot, it's unplayable... and since none of my controllers want to work with the PC anymore, that means it gets shitcanned.

(Seriously, no AZERTY support out of the box/allowing to edit keys is such a "fuck you part of the world" thing. It's not like it's hard to add a little check. Trust me, I've done it before for you QWERTY and QWERTZ freaks =p)
Today I learned QWERTZ is a real keyboard layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom