• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reckoner

I think the problem here is that, none of my friends are going to buy monaco. I'm just wondering if it's still worth playing it alone.

I wanted to get a game that has a good amount of longevity.

Nope.

You still can get with three friends and all have a nice, fun session of Monaco at your house. I had one some days ago and it was pure fun. If not, then leave it for another time.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I have to admit it, Typing of the Dead is genuinely funny. Much better than I expected it to be.

Plus it has the original HotD: Overkill, which I really liked on Wii.

I wanted to get a game that has a good amount of longevity.
ib2vwmhOjeZiOK.png

Ezalc

You still can get with three friends and all have a nice, fun session of Monaco at your house. I had one some days ago and it was pure fun. If not, then leave it for another time.

Well I guess that answers that then.

Ugh I'm like a dollar away from getting costume quest based solely on my steam wallet but the minimum amount of money I have to add is like ten bucks to it. I don't want to add that much. Only a buck damn it steam.

Lain

Well I guess that answers that then.

Ugh I'm like a dollar away from getting costume quest based solely on my steam wallet but the minimum amount of money I have to add is like ten bucks to it. I don't want to add that much. Only a buck damn it steam.

I'd say do it because I love Costume Quest, but don't wanna push you to then have 9 dollars left there.... Do it, Costume quest is really nice.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Left 4 Dead 2 and Dead Space 2 on sale? Looks like I need to get some survey money tonight.

Should've saved instead of spending it on PS3 games and Retro City Rampage.

Ezalc

I'd say do it because I love Costume Quest, but don't wanna push you to then have 9 dollars left there.... Do it, Costume quest is really nice.

If I could sell all these useless trading cards I have in my inventory I would be able to buy it :/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Are games that don't use Steamworks DRM but are still sold through Steam capable of being downloaded once and then reinstalled on another computer without using Steam? Things like Kings Quest don't count.

There are many DRM-free games on Steam. Some of them are even Steamworks games (e.g. Scribblenauts Unlimited and Divinity: Dragon Commander). CEG/"Steam DRM" is entirely optional.

CDPR suggesting that it "doesn't have control" over DRM in the Steam version of The Witcher 3 is a bald-faced lie, but I'm not surprised given the conflict of interest.

Sega ought to renew the licences related to Outrun and the two Sega Rally games, then bundle them together in a Sega Racing Classics pack. According to my calculations, across the few years the licences are valid, Sega would make approximately a billion quadrillion dollars.

Lain

In the spirit of giving, have a bloody game to play during Halloween:
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Hotline Miami -- MB-962D258B057379F0 - Taken by EmergentFocus. 11 entrants total.

t1383203314z1.png

Vibranium

Banned
Well, I finished TWD 400 Days and really enjoyed the short time I had with it, time to try to pick my next game.

I think I'm going to pick up The Swapper and especially Typing of The Dead given how many good things I've heard about it.

Enjoy Hotline Miami, whoever gets it, awesome game.

For Halloween!

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Eleusis -- MB-0424B8830FD1CC54 - Taken by CheesecakeRecipe

CDPR suggesting that it "doesn't have control" over DRM in the Steam version of The Witcher 3 is a bald-faced lie, but I'm not surprised given the conflict of interest.

Brought to you by the company who was happy to put the Witcher 3 on the xbox one ... before all the DRM was removed.

JaseC

Brought to you by the company who was happy to put the Witcher 3 on the xbox one ... before all the DRM was removed.

CDPR forgoing an X1 release of The Witcher 3 because of the DRM would have been noble but also a giant middle finger to the fans it'd gained thanks to the X360 release of The Witcher 2, so I wasn't fussed about that.

Edit: Though that's not to suggest TW3's Steam release containing CEG, or CDPR's reasoning for its inclusion, bothers me.

Lunaniem

So apparently they are giving a free copy of Blackwell Deception today, but when you redeem it, you seem to get their whole publisher catalog

"1) Visit http://www.rosablackwell.com
2) Click Buy Now to add Blackwell Deception to the cart
3) Enter Boo in the discount code area and the price will change to zero"

Do all these steps, and you get a Steam key.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
For Halloween!

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg

Eleusis -- MB-0424B8830FD1CC54 - Taken by CheesecakeRecipe

Thanks dude, been really curious about this one!

Grief.exe

There are many DRM-free games on Steam. Some of them are even Steamworks games (e.g. Scribblenauts Unlimited and Divinity: Dragon Commander). CEG/"Steam DRM" is entirely optional.

I think they mostly just did it to refer to the client as DRM. Some people don't understand the distinction and leaves the response much shorter.

I just hope they include Steam Achievements again, those are always fun to get. Especially now that we can show them off on our profiles.

JaseC

I think they mostly just did it to refer to the client as DRM. Some people don't understand the distinction and leaves the response much shorter.

I think you'll find that the game is tethered to the client. The first two still are, after all.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
So apparently they are giving a free copy of Blackwell Deception today, but when you redeem it, you seem to get their whole publisher catalog

site is dead as HL3's development

Lain

I'm guessing the horde has already reached it.

Khronico

Jumped on this so fast I got a key. Now I have all the wadjet eye games, I guess. Feel pretty bad about it though =|

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Dave GilBOO ‏@WadjetEyeGames 3m

Steam screwed up the Deception codes royally. I have removed the codes from the free Deception offer temporarily.

Lain

Sucks to be doing something nice and have it bite you in the ass like that, I guess.

This also made me notice that I already have all their Adventure games on Steam except Emerald City Confidential (wouldn't have been interested in that Puzzle Bots one) which doesn't look like it was in the pack judging from that reddit post.

JaseC

How hard is it for Valve to remove the unintended copies?

I'd say it'd just be a matter of cross-checking the keys handed out against user accounts. Officially speaking, Valve can only remove subs rather than individual apps, so anybody who got in on the deal while it was bugged will also have Blackwell pulled from their account unless they'd owned it prior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom