• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sucks to be doing something nice and have it bite you in the ass like that, I guess.

This also made me notice that I already have all their Adventure games on Steam except Emerald City Confidential (wouldn't have been interested in that Puzzle Bots one) which doesn't look like it was in the pack judging from that reddit post.

Emerald City Confidential is not published by Wadjet Eye Games, that's why it's not in the pack.

Nabs

The Wadjet Eye stuff is being fixed right now

less than a minute ago Removed Gemini Rue from the package
less than a minute ago Changed changenumber – 318704 › 318705
less than a minute ago Removed Puzzle Bots from the package
less than a minute ago Changed changenumber – 182736 › 318704

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

So editing what the sub entails?

some poor guy at valve had his alone time with the wife ruined tonight

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

This affects everybody with the sub, including Wadjet Eye employees. Either somebody screwed up or Valve/WE is going to have to make a new Wadjet Eye Comp sub with all the relevant games.

Quick question regarding activating boxed retail copies of Prey on Steam: Does anyone have any idea if this will work for the Mac version as well? Reason I ask is that the Mac version is slightly cheaper on Amazon and from my short time scouring Google, I've seen a couple mentions on some random sites that seem to indicate that the Mac key should work as well. Just hoping for some confirmation from anyone around here that may have tried it for themselves before buying. If no one is sure then I'll probably stick with the PC version and play it safe.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Conspiracy hat time: which is more probable: that Valve made this mistake or that Wadjet made the mistake?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
@WadjetEyeGames
So I managed to find a way to remove the additional games from the Steam code. It should only give Deception now. Yeesh.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
@WadjetEyeGames
So I managed to find a way to remove the additional games from the Steam code. It should only give Deception now. Yeesh.

This makes a bit more sense. I don't think Valve is responsible for updating registry subs like this. Plus, I doubt there is a dude at Valve at 10PM just waiting around to fix things.

@WadjetEyeGames

So it wasn't Valve's fault?

This makes a bit more sense. I don't think Valve is responsible for updating registry subs like this. Plus, I doubt there is a dude at Valve at 10PM just waiting around to fix things.

Ah, I'm glad it worked out for them...I was feeling kinda bad.

JaseC

So it wasn't Valve's fault?

The keys Valve sent to Wadjet Eye for the promotion were erroneously tied to the Wadjet Eye Comp sub rather than the Blackwell Deception sub. Wadjet Eye fixed this by updating the former and removing the additional games, but this means that even Wadjet Eye employees will now only own Blackwell Deception, so a new sub is going to have to be created unless Valve offers to remove the redeemed keys from accounts, which would allow Wadjet Eye to re-add the games to the existing sub.

The keys Valve sent to Wadjet Eye for the promotion were erroneously tied to the Wadjet Eye Comp sub rather than the Blackwell Deception sub. Wadjet Eye fixed this by updating the former and removing the additional games, but this means that even Wadjet Eye employees will now only own Blackwell Deception, so a new sub is going to have to be created unless Valve offers to remove the redeemed keys from accounts, which would allow Wadjet Eye to re-add the games to the existing sub.

Oh okay.

JaseC

Spooky spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Organ Trail Director's Cut -- MB-C356F47A12CB1A47 - Taken by Khronico
Alien Zombie Megadeath -- MB-7DA673F5087DA14C - Taken by bornlivedie
Dead Hungry Diner -- MB-027C4120B5680068 - Taken by fernandes
Exceed 2nd Vampire Rex -- MB-9C76B7792139EC9E - Taken by KenOD
Dark Fall Lost Souls -- MB-CE7BD76CB9B554BA - Taken by Gez

mannerbot

Weird to know that I have more Wadjet games than the employees (well, I do have all of them...).

JaseC

I see Football Manager 2013 is still up despite 2014 releasing. If Sega is going to stop removing older versions, then surely it can bring back 2008 -> 2012, too... or just 2008, since it's the only one I'm missing. ;)

Thanks, i was eying Dark Fall. I'm on a point and click frenzy.
Thanks for Organ Trail!
Thanks JaseC for AZM :)
I'm not sure I find anime girls and vampires all that scary, but bolded REX should prove something. Thank you for eXceed.
Thanks, Jase. You're the best! :D

No worries. :)

didamangi

Only have steam wallet but I'm really interested in Gunslinger, if anyone wants something from the steam store to trade for it pm me please :)

Homecoming has a pretty dicey port. It seems unoptimized, and jittery every time I try to play it. If memory serves, the settings are pretty sparse, and even on the highest settings it still looked pretty rough. Then there's stuff like sound effects cutting off, and it being really into crashing all the time.

I don't really know how isolated my case is, but a quick Google search seems to imply that I'm not alone. I'd avoid it unless you're trying to complete a collection or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom