• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

Yeah, retail games don't drop too fast here.

y1iLkyJ.jpg

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Well, if you don't like strategy games (I couldn't say from your list, you even have a few of my favourites), I have to change my tactics:
new 3:
1. DmC
2. Fallout 3 (I can't believe I'm suggesting it, but it's cheap)
3. Darksiders II

Not as good as my first list, but cheap too.
I have some games on my wishlist that I seriously doubt I'll like, maybe I should remove them, lol

DmC is a game that really interests me, but I should play DMC4 first (both because I own it and it came out before). I'm not sure about Fallout 3, doesn't New Vegas make it obsolete? I own the latter, so maybe I should play that one. As for Darksiders 2, I wasn't a fan of the first one, and dropped it at the first dungeon's boss.

Earlier I was thinking about it, and decided that my perfect 500th game would be Bit.Trip Flux. Sadly there's almost 0 chances of that happening (unless it gets a stealth release one of these days).

Clash of Heroes is done by Capy. Drop everything you're doing and get it. Really. Like, right now.
OK, I'll definitely check it out tonight.

Jusoni

Hey SteamGAF! Long time reader, first time poster.
Has anyone tried Alone in the dark: The new nightmare? How's the pc-port? I'm really digging the old school Resident Evil vibes I'm seeing in the screens. If I remember correctly it even recieved some praise back in the days.
Already bought Legacy of Kain- series, FEAR, Typing of the dead and Deadly premonition. Payday and a steam sale is a baaad combination.
I'm also planning to do a semi-large modbot giveaway once I get home from work. Mostly leftover humble bundle stuff, nothing too shabby.

Arthea

I have some games on my wishlist that I seriously doubt I'll like, maybe I should remove them, lol

DmC is a game that really interests me, but I should play DMC4 first (both because I own it and it came out before). I'm not sure about Fallout 3, doesn't New Vegas make it obsolete? I own the latter, so maybe I should play that one. As for Darksiders 2, I wasn't a fan of the first one, and dropped it at the first dungeon's boss.

Earlier I was thinking about it, and decided that my perfect 500th game would be Bit.Trip Flux. Sadly there's almost 0 chances of that happening (unless it gets a stealth release one of these days).

OK, I'll definitely check it out tonight.
it suddenly downed on me that you don't have Recettear still. There is no excuse for that, it's not really a strategy game, and not bad Fallout either! (><)

Hey SteamGAF! Long time reader, first time poster.
Has anyone tried Alone in the dark: The new nightmare? How's the pc-port? I'm really digging the old school Resident Evil vibes I'm seeing in the screens. If I remember correctly it even recieved some praise back in the days.
Already bought Legacy of Kain- series, FEAR, Typing of the dead and Deadly premonition. Payday and a steam sale is a baaad combination.
I'm also planning to do a semi-large modbot giveaway once I get home from work. Mostly leftover humble bundle stuff, nothing too shabby.

Welcome Josoni :).

That game's merits [or not] were discussed yesterday as someone else had that question. So it's worth doing a quick ctrl+f on the last few pages.

tl:dr: avoid!

Alright now I see why I was having trouble with the Steam store last night. Apparently Saw is up for sale on the US store but cant be bought? Bought typing of the Dead Overkill fine, then went back and tried to buy Saw again and I get the same error as last night. Anybody hear anything about why we cant buy this on the US store?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
it suddenly downed on me that you don't have Recettear still. There is no excuse for that, it's not really a strategy game, and not bad Fallout either! (><)
Oh yes, I was about to buy the whole Carpe Fulgur pack a couple of months ago when it was on sale, after trying all 3 games' demos, but just as soon as I exited the last one my internet connection went down and it didn't come back for the rest of the week, which made me miss it. And Steam is blocked at work, so I couldn't even buy it there the next morning (don't even get me started on my phone's shitty 3G connection, which is worse than the dial-up service I had in 1998).

erila

Neo Member
Thanks for Blackwell Deception, EmergentFocus! Hopefully my net connection will work long enough to download it (ever since the weekend's bad weather it's dropping every 20 mins :( )

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Chaos Engine -- MB-7C4CB2DEE47CDAB4 - Taken by fokkusu. 35 entrants total.

t1383235266z1.png

Copons

A small update on Viagame issue: it seems like they solved part of their javascript problems (it's possible again to remove items from the cart), but still nothing for my Gunslinger key. :(

AsylumX

zfX2Wcx.png

For those of you in the UK that are interested in picking up Valdis Story: Abyssal City, the game can be had for £9.36 (versus £11.99 on Steam) through the Humble Store Widget on the developer's site.

This might (to some extent at least) apply to other European Countries as well.

Did anyone get this game??? It looks awesome, but i want to know if gameplay wise its good.

Freezard

Capcom has revealed update sales figures for a number of its franchises, as well as confirmed that Resident Evil 5 has overtaken Street Fighter II to become its most successful game.

It's been confirmed that the 2009 entry in the Resident Evil franchise has managed to sell 6.5 million units, surpassing the 6.3 million units sold by 1992's Street Fighter II. 2012's divisive Resident Evil 6 completes the top three, having sold 5.2 million copies.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/31/resident-evil-5-becomes-capcoms-best-seller

Gunslinger for 2&#8364;... hmmmmmmmm. Don't like western too much, at least not the first game I played. It's a maybe.

Really digging the spacial awareness in Arkham Origins. slamming guys into the wall you are next to....banging heads off of the railing. Deathstroke flipping over the railings while doing normal attacks.

Very cool stuff, I don't remember small details like that in AA or AC.

Copons

Viagame last official statement on FB:

"Our stores are available for the nordic countries only, wich explains some of the key issues some of you have been having. Don't worry. Customer support will contact you.

The entire viagame thanks you for your patience!"

https://www.facebook.com/Viagame/posts/481975031900836

Meh, I don't think it's a reason at all. Let alone the fact that we all used a VPN (so for their system we actually come from nordic countries), there are here too people from Sweden unable to obtain their keys...

Well, I hope in the end I won't get a refund (1€, who cares) but the actual key.

Deques

Viagame last official statement on FB:

"Our stores are available for the nordic countries only, wich explains some of the key issues some of you have been having. Don't worry. Customer support will contact you.

The entire viagame thanks you for your patience!"

https://www.facebook.com/Viagame/posts/481975031900836

Meh, I don't think it's a reason at all. Let alone the fact that we all used a VPN (so for their system we actually come from nordic countries), there are here too people from Sweden unable to obtain their keys...
Also I can't see any keys from my previous purchases..

Well, I hope in the end I won't get a refund (1&#8364;, who cares) but the actual key.

Kinda a long shot explanation on the situation. But I am a legit buyer, I still did not get any keys.

This is some serious bullshit. Why can I add Saw to my cart but not buy it? I havent heard about anyone else in the U.S. having this problem and I can buy other games.

FYC

Banned
Realm of the Mad God is neat.

You can hit level cap in 20 minutes and then just go run crazy dungeons and shit with a huuuuuge group of people. Fun as hell in short bursts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom