• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miker

Nuuvem got a Konami Capcom Weekend sale going on.

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/promo/fds-...mpaign=Newsletter_2013_10_31&utm_medium=email

39.99 Reais (aka 18.20 USD)

• Remember Me
  • Resident Evil: Revelations
  • Devil May Cry
  • Lost Planet 3

34.99 reais (aka 16.02 USD)

• Resident Evil 6

Those are the only games with guaranteed Steam keys. Everything else seems to be either GFWL or their proprietary client. I think that's a good price for Remember Me? I can't remember (pun intended)

Is Nuuvem reputable? I'm in the US, but if other people (who can buy the pack) wants to split it up, I'd throw in $5 USD for DmC.

EDIT: Never mind, it's not a pack. Disregard1

Jawmuncher

Those are the only games with guaranteed Steam keys. Everything else seems to be either GFWL or their proprietary client. I think that's a good price for Remember Me? I can't remember (pun intended)

That's been about the cheapest I have seen remember me. It hasn't hit 15 yet anywhere. Regardless of that If anyone is interested it's pretty good at that price. Beat it earlier this year and enjoyed it for the most part. The setting was definitely a breath of fresh air even if the combat gameplay was a bit lacking. Though the ideas there are pretty interesting and you do start to get into a groove once it opens up more.

Typing of the Dead hnnng

Give it to me~

Hope we see the Original Typing of the Dead soon.
Since this one is selling well enough on steam currently.

Li Kao

Oh, that's better than I had thought. Thanks Copons :) I may just have to treat myself to those before the end of the sale.

Hey, in fact I'm reinstalling the first one, played some hours of it and my ocd just told me that if I didn't finish all the original campaigns it would shot me through the kidney. So if you or anyone want a silent* coop partner, my body is ready.

*you don't want to hear someone who always ever worked on his written English. No, you don't. And while we are at it, I also suffered from social anxiety some years ago, a thing of the past mostly... but not on a mic. You don't want to hear me, I say.

Dr Dogg

I think my first Steam sale I picked up The Orange Box and World of Goo for around £6 for both and World of Goo was about £4.

Before that I picked up the Left4Dead bundle as a Mac welcome bundle for just under £8.

Since then my habits have gone from conservative to crazy.

Turfster

Not ideal, but there is this.

Yeah, and there's a few other (not up to date) aggregators, but it's silly that they still haven't offered even a simple page of everything they've got for sale. It would boost sales for the people offering goods through them so much if you didn't have to go to each and every developer's webpage to get to the widget... Not to mention the "oh hey, this game is cheap/on sale too?" effect they're missing now.

Outlast & Soundtrack 33% off on the humble store, includes a drm-free copy.

(Speaking of the humble store: It would be nice if there was, you know, an actual store with an overview of everything you're offering, guys.)

The problem is that they called it humblestore because that's really not what it is. It's a service that lets devs sell their games on their own website for a small fee. Not having a storefront for extra promotion is probably why humble only takes a small cut and is also probably part of their agreement.

I'm just speculating, but it makes sense to me.

Hey, in fact I'm reinstalling the first one, played some hours of it and my ocd just told me that if I didn't finish all the original campaigns it would shot me through the kidney. So if you or anyone want a silent* coop partner, my body is ready.

*you don't want to hear someone who always ever worked on his written English. No, you don't. And while we are at it, I also suffered from social anxiety some years ago, a thing of the past mostly... but not on a mic. You don't want to hear me, I say.

Understood :). I'm still prevaricating over what I should buy in the sale or whether I should not buy anything :/ so I don't know for sure if I will be able to join in any L4D action yet. However, it looks as if there's going to be a SteamGAF group forming for this anyway so yay! :)

Alright now I see why I was having trouble with the Steam store last night. Apparently Saw is up for sale on the US store but cant be bought? Bought typing of the Dead Overkill fine, then went back and tried to buy Saw again and I get the same error as last night. Anybody hear anything about why we cant buy this on the US store?

Thank you, wizard. I reached out to steam late last night and am waiting to hear back. I had 16 items (no stealth brag/all low rent) in my cart and removed Saw and they went right through. I saw some chatter about Saw issues yesterday, though this escaped me.

Turfster

The problem is that they called it humblestore because that's really not what it is. It's a service that lets devs sell their games on their own website for a small fee. Not having a storefront for extra promotion is probably why humble only takes a small cut and is also probably part of their agreement.

True, but how hard can it be to just have an up to date list somewhere of what you're offering? It doesn't have to be a shiny storefront. Hell, it can just be a list of game names with links to the developer sites.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
The tour of duty tickets are about half a key. So if you were to send me 2 keys and one of them, I'd buy the 3 keys and we're golden.

I'm just making an exercise out of it, but, where I live, a key is 5.49 reais and a Tour of Duty key is 2.19. That's 13.17 reais. Spelunky is 12.49 reais (5.69 USD) for me.

I know this doesn't work for anybody else: Keys prices were recently raised on my Store and Spelunky is 24% cheaper on my regional Steam Store.

Key trades are never valid for me. Not only that, I always think it's way too complex to figure out how much a game is worth in keys. I'm pretty sure I could make some sort of profit (even with the new Key prices in my region), but I never bothered.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.

Nobody's looked into this since 2012 AFAIK, but back then a website did some snooping which indicated that the plan was bigger than just widgets.
Jeff Rosen said:
The Humble Store is something we are working on.

Indie Game Magazine said:
One of the developers we asked about the widget, who will remain anonymous, also confirmed that there is more to the Humble Store than just the widget, stating “it’s still in some sort of a developing phase so who knows what the future holds”.

Maybe those plans no longer exist; maybe Humble just operates in Valve Standard Time. Who's to say?

I'm just making an exercise out of it, but, where I live, a key is 5.49 reais and a Tour of Duty key is 2.19. That's 13.17 reais. Spelunky is 12.49 reais (5.69 USD) for me.

I know this doesn't work for anybody else: Keys prices were recently raised on my Store and Spelunky is 24% cheaper on my regional Steam Store.

Key trades are never valid for me. Not only that, I always think it's way too complex to figure out how much a game is worth in keys. I'm pretty sure I could make some sort of profit (even with the new Key prices in my region), but I never bothered.

Market price for a game in keys is almost always (Price in RUB)/50. Fractions are rounded up most of the time or paid in ref or cards.

At least that's how it was until a month ago when I stopped buying so much stuff on Steam
because I got a 3DS and Vita

Bought Brothers: Tale of Two Sons and Vampire: Bloodlines. any suggestions for must have games? Legacy of Kain seems interesting. only played one for 10 mins when i was younger.

Nabs

I know you guys are excited for another Magicka sale. I don't know if it's happening this weekend, but it's coming soon.

kulapik

If you still use Gameminer, right now they're doing a stress test giving away 10 copies of Thief for 1 coal cost. Each raffle lasts 10 minutes.

And yes, it is overloaded :D

nexen

I know you guys are excited for another Magicka sale. I don't know if it's happening this weekend, but it's coming soon.

I feel like you could've made this statement at any time since Magicka launched and have been just as right.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It won't be the only thing coming soon.

ibqiauWrT037Nl.jpg

Grief.exe

Thorgal

Everything is possible.
It would just necessitate a mind shift in how game data is organised, maybe going back to the PS2 style "everthing a level needs is packed with it for faster loading, even if that means some assets like the player model are duplicated 10 times" organisation style instead of the more usual "let's dump everything in one big file" that's prevalent these days.

I see. lets hope developers follow the same methods for PC as they use for the Consoles then.

Blackwell Dececption won't get anymore steam keys? I only got a drm free download.. well better that than nothing I guess.

Also living in Finland so was able to get Call of Juarez: The Cartel, Gunslinger and Driver: San Fransisco (Uplay key tho for this one) for whopping 4 euro.

About one hour and then Humble Daedalic Bundle will show up I guess. Pretty underwhelming bundle as I have all the $1 games, will check on the BTA games but maybe a pass this time for me.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's not about the game anymore, it's about the DLC

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Magicka Vietnam DLC -- MB-5E59441AC3E388BD - Taken by Blablurn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom