• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

Good luck. Grabbed one from viagame. Hopefully it works! :p

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Call of Juarez Gunslinger -- MB-1935FE36E55C882C - Taken by Milamber. 25 entrants total.

t1383227571z1.png

ngt

This is some serious bullshit. Why can I add Saw to my cart but not buy it? I havent heard about anyone else in the U.S. having this problem and I can buy other games.

I didn't know SAW was available on Steam, there's no price in EU.

Can anyone from US get it for me please? I can send the money via PayPal or Steam Wallet Coupon.

Deques

I solved my Viagame problem!!!

I used Internet Explorer instead and got my keys instantly. Chrome seems to be the problem

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Most likely a pricing mistake as it's $40 everywhere else (it's not even available on Steam outside of US).
If it's a pricing error, it's very weird that NB hasn't corrected it yet. It's been up there at $10 for over twelve hours, and that's assuming Nabs posted about it right after it was put up.

...Maybe they haven't noticed because no one's bothered to buy the game even at 75% off...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh god Family Game Sharing is everything I thought it'd be. Feels so awesome
jbwILv877pefkL_e.jpg

Copons

Ok, last update (at least from me) regarding Viagame.

Basically: it worked for me. Key shown, key redeemed, heck yeah.

Probably, they succeeded in fixing what was wrong and you can try refreshing your library page to see if it works. If it doesn't, it could mean they're slowly rolling out the fix, or maybe the fix broke something else and they removed it again, who knows!
But you could just try, I guess. :)

Sendou

Started playing Sleeping Dogs again and it feels like a completely new game played from a couch and with a big screen. I'm happy with Big Screen Mode.

Copons

I solved my Viagame problem!!!

I used Internet Explorer instead and got my keys instantly. Chrome seems to be the problem

Ahahah, considering we got the key at the same time, you with IE and me with Chrome, it would probably mean that they actually fixed it, whatever browser we used. :D

Momentary

Banned
Did I miss any major announcements since Sunday? I just got back from the field. I see something about Dynast warrior 7. Is there any other cool stuff?

So many games, so little funds. There's more games on this Halloween sale I want than the summer sale! Oh well... The backlog is growing.

There's a Thanksgiving / Autumn sale too right?

Couldn't buy shit from steam last night. Was anyone else haven't problems?

I was only trying to buy Saw last night for a fellow gaffer and it wouldnt let me buy it. Woke up this morning and was able to buy Typing of the Dead, but still not able to buy Saw so I'm not sure if it was a Steam problem or a problem with trying to buy Saw. What game were you trying to buy last night?

wazoo

Yeah, usually there's a small sale around Thanksgiving, maybe lasting a weekend at most. Then, of course, the winter sale probably Dec. 19th.

Last winter sales was pretty much underwhelming. Valve knows that the market is there and that there is no point of being over delivering in term of rebates.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Last winter sales was pretty much underwhelming. Valve knows that the market is there and that there is no point of being over delivering in term of rebates.

Or maybe it s because this is the fifth sale and most people already bought most games they wanted (that are not new releases) on the other four sales?

This halloween sale has been amazing, but half of that deals page is green to me (thanks jshackles). It's not that the sale is bad, it just doesn't apply to me, because I already have all the games I wanted from it. (except maybe 5)

nexen

Or maybe it s because this is the fifth sale and most people already bought most games they wanted (that are not new releases) on the other four sales?

This halloween sale has been amazing, but half of that deals page is green to me (thanks jshackles). It's not that the sale is bad, it just doesn't apply to me, because I already have all the games I wanted from it. (except maybe 5)

Also, I've noticed that I'm getting kind of spoiled over here.

My first steam sale: Borderlands 1 for $10! WOW! THAT IS INSANE!
My last steam sale: Borderlands 2 for $10? Meh. Will wait for $2.50.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

That's also a valid factor. A 50 dollar game going for 10 dollar game when I have 120 games is much more appealing than a 50 dollar game going for 10 dollar when I have 990 games.

Specially when talking about Borderlands, when a GOTY edition exists, DLC is also a factor and the fact that the game might not be that good.

Dolor

That's also a valid factor. A 50 dollar game going for 10 dollar game when I have 120 games is much more appealing than a 50 dollar game going for 10 dollar when I have 990 games.

Pretty much. It's also hard to get too excited about a $10 game that you are somewhat interested in when you can sometimes get 5 or so games from an indie bundle for a dollar.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Typical Steam purchases in 2008:
gOvt5tT.png

Typical Steam purchases in 2009-2010:
PnuP1Nu.png

Typical Steam purchases in 2010-2011:
sMoN3qx.png

Typical Steam purchases in 2011-2012:
jT6OHOp.png

Typical Steam purchases in 2012-2013:
GxQlNgC.png

Typical Steam purchases today:
KiFz4eP.png

Free = less than a dollar in some sort of indie bundle, ModBot giveaways, generous gifts, stuff bought dirt cheap from Amazon, etc.

Jawmuncher

I've been spoiled from Steam Sales since the beginning.
Cheap is never cheap enough unless it's 75% off or more. Anything less than that I usually don't bother with.

pls don't hack me
pls

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Hacker Evolution Duality -- MB-4EABD6172C177B05 - Taken by Addnan

Ledsen

Viagame last official statement on FB:

"Our stores are available for the nordic countries only, wich explains some of the key issues some of you have been having. Don't worry. Customer support will contact you.

The entire viagame thanks you for your patience!"

https://www.facebook.com/Viagame/posts/481975031900836

Meh, I don't think it's a reason at all. Let alone the fact that we all used a VPN (so for their system we actually come from nordic countries), there are here too people from Sweden unable to obtain their keys...

Well, I hope in the end I won't get a refund (1€, who cares) but the actual key.

I bought it from Sweden, got the key and it registered fine.

fyi i tried buying gunslinger in FF with hola and i got to checkout fine but both my credit cards got declined. oh well what kind of digital retailer doesn't take paypal, anyway (i'm looking at you, scamazon)

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Nuuvem got a Konami Capcom Weekend sale going on.

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/promo/fds-...mpaign=Newsletter_2013_10_31&utm_medium=email

Those are NOT bundles, Multiple games have the same price, so I divided them by tiers

18.20 USD (R$ 39.99) Each:
  • Remember Me
  • Resident Evil: Revelations
  • Devil May Cry
  • Lost Planet 3
16.02 USD (R$ 34.99) Each:
  • Resident Evil 6

Those are the only games with guaranteed Steam keys. Everything else seems to be either GFWL or their proprietary client. I think that's a good price for Remember Me? I can't remember (pun intended)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom