• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

Some of us actually think RE6 is a decent game

It is, but I'm in the camp that preferred RE5. It was an arcade shooter with a non-serious b-movie plot, but what it did, it did pretty well. RE6... I wanted to love it. After almost two entire replays, nope.

Blackwell Dececption won't get anymore steam keys? I only got a drm free download.. well better that than nothing I guess.

Also living in Finland so was able to get Call of Juarez: The Cartel, Gunslinger and Driver: San Fransisco (Uplay key tho for this one) for whopping 4 euro.

About one hour and then Humble Daedalic Bundle will show up I guess. Pretty underwhelming bundle as I have all the $1 games, will check on the BTA games but maybe a pass this time for me.

I decided to try the Blackwell freebie again after it borked this morning and it's downloading as I type this. I didn't even need to put in the "Boo", it went straight to a download page.

Just click on "Buy now":

http://www.wadjeteyegames.com/blackwell-deception.html

I am jelly of your CoJ purchases though since I played the original only recently and had a blast. Oh well, I'm sure they'll make their way into my library at some point at a bargaineous price :). Congrats for living in an elite part of Yurop! :p

SEGA Spooky Pack

includes Total War: Shogun 2

makes perfect sense

lZotw1O.jpg

Miker

Price on that Sega Bundle is $10 too high for me, or else I'd go for it. Alternately, if it included all the Shogun 2 stuff (expansion pack, mainly), I'd also go for it. As it is, though, I can wait.

Grief.exe

Downloaded Dota. Deleted it after 90 minutes. I'm soooo bad ;_;

Play bot games with some easy to manage support characters, Lich and Witch Doctor come to mind. When you find yourself getting proficient, go into a real game.

You will be partnered with a carry, your job will just be to harass the other team while staying safe yourself.

Don't worry, everyone starts somewhere with that game and the skill ceiling is astronomical.

would i like van helsing if I find d3 and PoE boring? does it transcend the click?

I'm in the same camp about ARPGs. Thought much of the same of D1 and D2 (clickfest, plus f-key or number key fest). Played through all of Torchlight 2 too when I had nothing to play, mainly spamming 2 skills (glaives plus dagger). Don't think I'll ever revisit it even though it has mods. Don't get me started on PoE.

I tried the console demo of D3 though and I really like what they tried to build in with the combo meter. Building up that bar and unleashing your skills was something new in ARPGs.

How to Survive goes beyond the click a bit, it's a mix of ARPG lite and twin stick shooters. The mechanics are very good. It is a budget title and I have no pressing desire to progress when playing single player. But I do like it a lot because I'm playing it in local coop with a really, really bad player who hordes all the materials from me.

hitoshi

Today is my birthday, so have some fun on my behalf:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Showdown Effect #2 -- MB-DB2FEB0BD20B10B9 - Taken by Cth. 1 entrants total.
Showdown Effect -- MB-6B632C74DF790731 - Taken by XShagrath. 3 entrants total.
Primal Fears -- MB-3D7B6C8B87F29B4B - Taken by BorntoPlay. 7 entrants total.

t1383251016z1.png

kulapik

Play bot games with some easy to manage support characters, Lich and Witch Doctor come to mind. When you find yourself getting proficient, go into a real game.

You will be partnered with a carry, your job will just be to harass the other team while staying safe yourself.

Don't worry, everyone starts somewhere with that game and the skill ceiling is astronomical.

Nah, I'll pass, not really my kind of game.

And yeah, I tried training with bots, but I got killed most the time.

Quoting my question in case nobody saw it. bought Joe Danger too.
Bought Brothers: Tale of Two Sons and Vampire: Bloodlines. any suggestions for must have games? Legacy of Kain seems interesting. only played one for 10 mins when i was younger.

Nah, I'll pass, not really my kind of game.

And yeah, I tried training with bots, but I got killed most the time.

You could try Smite. Learning curve is way smaller, and the god theme is really cool. Even better if you have a friend who plays it already to help.

My mom just put $40 in my bank account! I think it's time I finally get myself something during this sale

You're welcome son :). Now don't you go forgetting your poor old mum when you're doing your purchasing now. My Steam profile link is in my GAF profile but I'm sure a bright boy like you can find a way to the woman who brought you into this world's Steam Wishlist :).

Today is my birthday, so have some fun on my behalf:

Happy Birthday hitoshi :).

Cheddahz

Banned
You're welcome son :). Now don't you go forgetting your poor old mum when you're doing your purchasing now. My Steam profile link is in my GAF profile but I'm sure a bright boy like you can find a way to the woman who brought you into this world's Steam Wishlist :)..

Ironically, my mom does have a Steam account!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Are we explaining where we get our money from now?

Because my purchases are directly funded by the unspeakable things I do behind the dumpster of the local IHOP.

Downloaded Dota. Deleted it after 90 minutes. I'm soooo bad ;_;

http://www.purgegamers.com/welcome-to-dota-you-suck#.UnKV05yAr-Q

Practice bot matches, try every hero at least once, play in coop bot matches. Play with friends who know the game better than you do. I think I played about 100 hours of Dota 2 to "learn" every hero (so you at least have a rough idea of what to expect when facing them) and get a grasp of the basics. I've put 1000 hours into the game now and would describe my play as only somewhat terrible.

Joe Molotov

Fog6240.png

"Oh no! Now I have to miss out on this game!" - said no one

Jase will say that. Poor Jase. :( I should have bought you an extra copy, but I didn't think of it until now. Sorry you have to live on the butt of the Earth where times are all messed up and the toilet flushes backward. :( :(

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Jase will say that. Poor Jase. :( I should have bought you an extra copy, but I didn't think of it until now. Sorry you have to live on the butt of the Earth where times are all messed up and the toilet flushes backward. :( :(

Plus everything is poisonous and you can't go anywhere without having your knife evaluation skills challenged.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jase will say that. RIP Jase. :( I should have bought you an extra copy, but I didn't think of it. Sorry you have to live on the butt of the Earth where times are all messed up and the toilet flushes backward. :( :(

Still stuck on my phone, but I did buy a copy when it was still available. My order needed to be verified though, so I might miss out.

Joe Molotov

Plus everything is poisonous and you can't go anywhere without having your knife evaluation skills challenged.

Hopefully his pet wombat can comfort him in these trying times.

Still stuck on my phone, but I did buy a copy when it was still available. My order needed to be verified though, so I might miss out.

Ah, I see, hopefully it'll still go through. Nothing sucks more than missing an extreme pricing mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom