• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Actually (as of a few versions ago) bundles do actually highlight using a similar method to the one you've described. Rather than scraping the SteamDB, Enhanced Steam actually scrapes the store page for a bundle and retrieves a list of AppIDs that it contains. Doing it this way means that not only do I not have to keep a list, but it also works with region-restricted stuff as well.

So if you own everything in the (for example) Alan Wake Franchise Pack and do a search for Alan Wake it should correctly highlight the bundle as owned.

Unfortunately it doesn't do this on the Halloween sale page because Valve broke away from their traditional coding methods (once again) which requires me to redirect the div that's highlighted. I'm right in the middle of a huge code conversion so I wasn't able to push out a patch while the sale was going on unfortunately.

That's super to hear--very smart solution. Immediately after I posted I stopped and said "wait, regional content!" and your solution solves that. Good job as always, and we're lucky to have you as a part of the community.

this is not new check modbot's greatest hit he is gangster as fuck http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=87933973&highlight=#post87933973

:O

The_Monk

Hello fellow GAFfers hope you are all fine, I'm dead tired, as usual lately. I see a new Worms bundle, might pick that up since it's good for some relaxing time. Anything else I missed? Sorry for the repeated question but I've not been following the news as frequent as I would like.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
=Stumpokapow;88192625So if you do that, then hypothetically you have data objects in your storage that contain mappings like

(subid) 999999 => (appids) 50, 70, 130
28537 => 229890, 242110

I only skimmed through the code part of the message, but is that true?

If I have Joe Danger 1 and Joe Danger 2, does it actually mean I have the bundle? Sure, for regular users, having Joe Danger 1 and Joe Danger 2 means I have the bundle, but Steam probably allows me to buy the bundle even if I already have the games, right? I'd be attaching another subscription to my account.

I wonder if that would increase my owned games count? since 3 different registry entries for MaxPayne count as 3 different games, why wouldn't the subscription of the Joe Danger 1+2 bundle count as another game? Let's get to the bottom of this and bankrupt Jase in the process!

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Which Worms games are worth installing?

Very happy to see the Humble guys finally saved up enough money for the worms store. It was a long time coming.

I hope no one else has made that joke already.

Li Kao

That's great! We should decide a day (or night) and gather together for a nice L4D2 session!

I'm thinking of buying the new Worms bundle for $1, but I don't want my 500th game to be one of those. Maybe I'll redeem them somewhere in the future.

Mmh, about the 500th game... I just glanced over your game list and didn't find some classics like the Thief and Stalker series. It was a possibility that came to mind, buying critically acclaimed games for that spot. But there is a high chance that if you don't have them already it's because you don't like them.

Me I hope Planescape is published on Steam when I reach that milestone ( ^_^)

Whether it is a good side scrolling action game. Worth buying?

It's a kind of a metroidvania, areas are unlocked by finding colored orbs (which are protected by bosses) excepted 2 items which offer some more mobility and let you move through the game more easily.
I found the controls to be stiff compared to what the game asks you to do during bosses and sometimes for platforming. I got used to it but there still was a few frustating moments, it's weird though because I didn't have any problems with La-Mulana controls past the adjustment period (save for those GOD AWFUL BATS).
OST and environements didn't leave a mark.

It's still an okay game but compared there's better titles on Steam if you're looking for platformers imo. If you ain't short on money you can spend the few bucks on the game or wait for the game to go on sale.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That's super to hear--very smart solution. Immediately after I posted I stopped and said "wait, regional content!" and your solution solves that. Good job as always, and we're lucky to have you as a part of the community.

Thanks! Rest assured, I'll have these kinds of kinks worked out for the fall sale and winter sales. :)

I only skimmed through the code part of the message, but is that true?

If I have Joe Danger 1 and Joe Danger 2, does it actually mean I have the bundle? Sure, for regular users, having Joe Danger 1 and Joe Danger 2 means I have the bundle, but Steam probably allows me to buy the bundle even if I already have the games, right? I'd be attaching another subscription to my account.

I wonder if that would increase my owned games count? since 3 different registry entries for MaxPayne count as 3 different games, why wouldn't the subscription of the Joe Danger 1+2 bundle count as another game? Let's get to the bottom of this and bankrupt Jase in the process!

A "sub" (or bundle of games) on Steam is just literally that - a bundle of games you can purchase all at once. If you own all of the games in a sub, you cannot purchase the sub on your own account and Steam considers it "owned". Buying a sub doesn't increase your game count.

So JaseC's wallet is safe - for now.

Ionic

It's not Indie as a rule, and it's certainly not Humble. That's fine.

I understand what people are trying to get at here, but I don't think this is fair at all. A developer selling a large portion of their games for down to one penny or a dollar and giving people the option to send all of that payment to charity is incredibly humble, despite whatever key redemption system is in place. I don't believe it is reasonable to put vastly more emphasis on how the Humble Bundle deals with game/key ownership than the tenets of incredibly cheap prices and charity that Humble Bundle still abides by.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A "sub" (or bundle of games) on Steam is just literally that - a bundle of games you can purchase all at once. If you own all of the games in a sub, you cannot purchase the sub on your own account and Steam considers it "owned". Buying a sub doesn't increase your game count.

So JaseC's wallet is safe - for now.

I used Chrome (which I only have installed on my laptop because I like to make life difficult for myself) to skim through the bajillion specials yesterday and was pleased to see that bundles disappeared if the store was aware that I already owned the included apps. Great work. :)

What game should i play for Halloween?

Lone Survivor (Didnt completed it yet)
Amnesia (Completed both)
Alan Wake (Completed both)

I was going to make fun of the new Magicka DLC but it's not even DLC, it's a spinoff? *vomits*

One is the tablet version the other is the new DLC that is the second part of Dungeon and Deamons(Or what its called)

Li Kao

Hello fellow GAFfers hope you are all fine, I'm dead tired, as usual lately. I see a new Worms bundle, might pick that up since it's good for some relaxing time. Anything else I missed? Sorry for the repeated question but I've not been following the news as frequent as I would like.

Well, I'm still thoughtful about Mr Orange suggestion of a SteamGaf server. I'm no multiplayer gamer but it's partly because I don't have many friends who play video games and random games are... random. I wouldn't say it would be a dream come true but it would certainly be nice.
So the problem is that Gaf is from everywhere (well mainly from capital-less america these days) and so lag would be an issue ? Shit.
True that servers IIRC aren't particularly pricey, but that here is a problem indeed. Sad, I could see me being more interested in multiplayer games.

destx

I finished the first Duke Nukem last night, I was really surprised at how much fun it is. I hadn't played it since I was a stupid tiny little baby so I never got past the first couple levels before. I started Duke Nukem 2 and it seems to be a lot more difficult.

I need a sale on Manhattan Project :[

The_Monk

Well, I'm still thoughtful about Mr Orange suggestion of a SteamGaf server. I'm no multiplayer gamer but it's partly because I don't have many friends who play video games and random games are... random. I wouldn't say it would be a dream come true but it would certainly be nice.
So the problem is that Gaf is from everywhere (well mainly from capital-less america these days) and so lag would be an issue ? Shit.
True that servers IIRC aren't particularly pricey, but that here is a problem indeed. Sad, I could see me being more interested in multiplayer games.

Thank you for answering good sir. A GAF Server would be nice since it would be yet another place for some GAFfer to meet and enjoy their games. I don't have many multiplayer games on PC, I think. Might need to check on that!

Tenrius

Why are the games that were SharedTM with me suddenly gone? :(

Happened to me too. I had a couple of them installed, so I tried launching one of them and it prompted me to "request access" from the owner. I obliged and got something like this: "the owner has already authorized your device, you are good to go".

Do the custom-skins have problems with showing the download-page now?

I tried Pixelvision, Metro and Air and all of them cant really display the download-page well anymore. When I changed to the normal Steamskin again, I also noticed the normal DL-Page looks different now.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Ooops, almost bought Lucius on Steam without knowing it's $1 in the Bundle of the Damned 2. Thankfully I did a quick search in the thread first.

Saikyo

Do the custom-skins have problems with showing the download-page now?

I tried Pixelvision, Metro and Air and all of them cant really display the download-page well anymore. When I changed to the normal Steamskin again, I also noticed the normal DL-Page looks different now.
Had this problem with metro skin too...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I believe it is fellow GAFfer, just like the other titles?

Well, I was taken to Steam's OpenID page, logged in, and then... nothing. I restarted the client but the game isn't listed.

Edit: It literally just appeared as I was looking at my library. Odd.

Starting new games while in a bad mood is awesome for clearing one's backlog.

Starts new game....finds it incredibly irritating.....perseveres for a bit.....still finds it incredibly irritating....perseveres for a bit more as one is aware that one is in a foul mood so one's judgement is impaired....still finds it incredibly irritating....decides "fuck it, it's not worth it".....sticks it in the "I'm done, turn it off" category.

Starts new game....

etc

It's awesome!

Joe Molotov

Well, I was taken to Steam's OpenID page, logged in, and then... nothing. I restarted the client but the game isn't listed.

When I logged in the first time, it asked me if I wanted to add this game to my account (but then it didn't for the other ones).

Tenrius

Starting new games while in a bad mood is awesome for clearing one's backlog.

Starts new game....finds it incredibly irritating.....perseveres for a bit.....still finds it incredibly irritating....perseveres for a bit more as one is aware that one is in a foul mood so one's judgement is impaired....still finds it incredibly irritating....decides "fuck it, it's not worth it".....sticks it in the "I'm done, turn it off" category.

Starts new game....

etc

It's awesome!

How did you like Arkham City?

The_Monk

I had to download an update on Steam first for some random reason then restarted but Frogger HD was there.

EDIT: Ah, you got it. Good to know. :)

However I did not got a coupon from leveling up, strange, are such things gone? It's been ages since the last time I went up one level.

About an hour left of the giveaway I put up earlier. Just wanted to add that it's The Walking Dead Season 1 that's included, should of been more specific.

That's a nice giveaway :). Sadly I won a ModBot giveaway 23 hours and some minutes before yours is due to expire so I am unable to enter but someone will be very glad of it I'm sure :).

How did you like Arkham City?

Um, you sure you want to know? I know you really like it so don't want you to be in a bad mood too :p.

Nabs

I see Ms. Splosion Man is getting some sort of update in the registry. I guess we'll see what that all means soon enough.

Big thanks to Mr MMBossTones86 for The Swapper. It certainly seems highly regarded so I'm looking forward to trying it out.

capturefdoic.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom