• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

Big thanks to Mr MMBossTones86 for The Swapper. It certainly seems highly regarded so I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Nice one todd! Be sure to leave some impressions when you play it. Curious about that one too. I can't wait to be able to give a little bit more or do another meaty giveaway for Steam-GAF. :)

Turfster

What the fuck. I go away for a few hours and humblebundle pulls a stunt like that?
Not cool, guys. I don't even care about the giving away of keys I don't need (altho it's a pity I won't be able to do that anymore), but why the fuck should I give them access to my account?

Sendou

What the fuck. I go away for a few hours and humblebundle pulls a stunt like that?
Not cool, guys. I don't even care about the giving away of keys I don't need (altho it's a pity I won't be able to do that anymore), but why the fuck should I give them access to my account?

I don't think you give them access to your account. That or I don't understand what you mean by that.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
2WWEV6z.jpg
Nobody asked for this. Nobody wins with this. What's the point?

I dunno, something like that cannot spoil my mood. It's just an opinion, I can live with opinions. They usually interest me though.

Okay :).

Well the good news is that it's still in my "Currently playing" category.

The not so good news is that I only started it as I was exhausted yesterday and looking for something new to start that would be very undemanding. Given how I found AA I thought AC would be a safe bet and it has proven to be so. It shares all my misgivings about AA but is even more polished and refined from what I've played so far. I'm finding it moderately entertaining without ever being involving so I'll play it in short bursts when I'm tired or want something easy and undemanding. A bit like picking up an 'easy reading' book of watching a mainstream film aimed at the widest possible audience I suppose. I do appreciate just how much love and care has gone into crafting the game. It's just a shame for me that I find it all rather underwhelming really :(. Oh well, many gamers love the Arkham games so I'm pleased for them and the devs given how much time, energy and effort they must have poured into the project to bring it to fruition.

Turfster

I don't think you give them access to your account. That or I don't understand what you mean by that.

This whole logging in through a third party site only works if your profile is set public iirc (unless they changed that recently). Mine isn't, and I'm not changing that. I also never log in to steam via a browser. (Yes, I'm that paranoid.) The account also gets linked to the bundle somehow, so they're storing something. (Paranoia, remember?)
If this is the way it's going to be with humble bundle, I'm out.

Nobody asked for this. Nobody wins with this. What's the point?

I guess its because in the last 3-4 months people noticed you can just sell the remaining keys on ebay or try to get some keys for that on Steamtrades.

I mean when Dunder had his shop here, most people didnt know about the key-trading. Nowadays its gotten really big.

Nice one todd! Be sure to leave some impressions when you play it. Curious about that one too. I can't wait to be able to give a little bit more or do another meaty giveaway for Steam-GAF. :)

You just did one of those!

Am I going to have to nag you again? :p

Right, I'm off to fire up Trine. Third time lucky hopefully. At least I'll be able to perv over the narrator's shagtastic voice [assuming he's the same as the voice actor who did it in Trine 2 on the Wii U].

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
what's not to like? it's easier and faster. only screws over people who sell/give keys to friends; which is a stupid premise anyway, as anyone who can't throw a dollar or $6 for a pile of games might as well just go pirate them anyway.

i'm for the change.
What if I already own some of the games? Do I have your permission to pirate the rest then?

Hinomura

Soooo... since Humble Bundle is trying to kill the key gifting...

Plus a veiled Steam port begging (KONAMI!!! Don't let 'em die in vain! Don't you die in vain! Come here and spread you magic in Steam!).

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 27 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

The Showdown Effect (Steam) -- MB-EA163B8592651659 - Taken by valouris. 1 entrants total.
Burn, Zombie Burn (Steam) -- MB-2E6DB256B7285E78 - Taken by tylergregg. 1 entrants total.
Anodyne (Steam) -- MB-BEE6E58C89214037 - Taken by Sendou. 2 entrants total.
The 39 Steps (Steam) -- MB-CEFAD47DFEAFAFEC - Taken by The_Monk. 5 entrants total.
SpaceChem (Steam) -- MB-FC5FE56DF9DCDDBD - Taken by gabrielt16. 3 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Undead Legions (Desura) -- MB-EFAE4F679BF2BD6F
Tropico Trilogy (Steam) -- MB-41DE8D89CCAF194D - Taken by Purkake4. 11 entrants total.
Angelica Weaver Catch Me When You Can (Steam) -- MB-401250FA1F840438 - Taken by Aitor. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Survivor Squad (Desura) -- MB-DC7315853AFE8C9C - Taken by kulapik. 1 entrants total.
IL2-Sturmovik 1946 (Steam) -- MB-0D24E5AE1341A27B - Taken by scorpscarx. 10 entrants total.
Dino D-Day (Steam) -- MB-583FB5E727D6B5EA - Taken by SonicXtreme. 3 entrants total.
East India Company Gold (Steam) -- MB-D73A9978D5E14614 - Taken by chiym1992. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Diehard Dungeon (Desura) -- MB-9EBE9A72210F446E - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk. 1 entrants total.
Ticket to Ride (Steam) -- MB-00E2494EA8E327CE - Taken by user237. 1 entrants total.
Lucius (Steam) -- MB-C699DAD4F746EA50 - Taken by tineladia. 8 entrants total.
Obulis (Steam) -- MB-EEDBA2B691D06E9D - Taken by woo and indeed hoo. 1 entrants total.
Pirates of Black Cove Gold (Steam) -- MB-6B6C089791C4F5E1 - Taken by Driw3r. 3 entrants total.
Rig 'n' Roll (Steam) -- MB-BD58499C57B5B368 - Taken by PriitV. 1 entrants total.
Alien Zombie Megadeath (Steam) -- MB-52A66597CA9CACFD - Taken by ZeroXZee. 1 entrants total.
Dark Fall Lost Souls (Steam) -- MB-D21657D43BBE463E - Taken by alr1ght. 11 entrants total.
Perfection. (Steam) -- MB-3AB10406E8DFF6AE - Taken by Wok. 3 entrants total.
Commander Conquest of the Americas Gold (Steam) -- MB-246FD886DA9DF6BF - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.
Post Mortem (Steam) -- MB-622D3B915B95E35A - Taken by fantomena. 1 entrants total.
Fractal (Steam) -- MB-4CBA0CC310F9C611 - Taken by Fuu. 1 entrants total.
Legendary (Steam) -- MB-007C9C0F2782E244 - Taken by Lord British. 5 entrants total.
Greed Corp (Steam) -- MB-D925831C475B6520 - Taken by DeadlyVirus. 1 entrants total.
eXceed 2nd (Steam) -- MB-09571C5EFC912527 - Taken by sibarraz. 3 entrants total.

t1383266182z1.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
dude believe me, it's embarrassingly hard for some people. I tried to help some of the guys who were in that 6 month course with me, on their sixth year of studies and they were a mess and couldnt learn for shit. I dont get it either tho, basically if you use the internet you kinda end up learning english one way or another
Personally, my problem is pronuntiation. I believe I'm not too bad at writing, know I'm pretty good at reading (and understanding what I've read) and guess I don't suck at listening. But when it comes to speaking, I'm terrible.

I never get to talk in English nowadays, so I have no way to practice it sadly.

How do I get it? D:

You need to buy it (retail) and you get some strange USB-device for it, so you can only play it if you either use a cracked exe or have the USB-device plugged into your PC...

It was available at play-asia when I bought it and then lost the USB-dongle. Its far more comfortable with that. Though I guess its kinda hard to get the Game now.

It was this one:

http://www.play-asia.com/dj-max-trilogy-dvd-rom-paOS-13-49-de-70-377v.html

Seems they have this one, but not sure if its the same:

http://www.play-asia.com/dj-max-trilogy-muse-on-limited-edition-paOS-13-49-de-70-59a7.html

ngt

Guys when you buy the HiB can you check the activation links for the games before clicking them please? I bought that bundle and all links were the same, meaning the whole bundle was activated for me. Some of my friends however had different links for each game so they were able to share them and/or split the bundle.

Hinomura

Tried it for Tropico :D
Thanks.

Btw. there is DJMax available for PC in Korea and China ;)

Thank you, but I know ;) I'm on the fence for it + controller at PlayAsia since forever (just spent thousands hours in all the PSP games!).

But the love for Beatmania is different :) imagine Beatmania + Steamworks = a worldwide community, worldwide leaderboards, possibly new chapters, etc... well, the only problem is that the Steam controller won't be the perfect controller for it ^__^

PS: Everyone is welcome!!! ^__^

State of Decay devs just pushed out the last Early Access patch.

Full release on Tuesday.

Changes

- Increased zombie variety
- Adjusted mouse sensitivity range
- Make car door kills more reliable
- Constraint to supported resolutions in windowed mode
- Reduced shadow artifacts
- Switched to 'tab' and 'z' for left bumper and right bumper in the UI
- Substituted all hints and help text for PC keys
- Switched center prompts to PC keys

Fixes

- Fixed white zombie
- Fixed jumpy mouse
- Fixed button prompt when searching
- Fixed 'clicking on esc deletes my save'
- Fixed wrong button for dropping rucksack
- Fixed issues highlighting melee weapon display
- Fixed some mouse hover states

While we WILL continue to patch and improve the game after we officially go into "full release" next Tuesday (and I've got a thread asking for your top three hoped-for changes between now and then), I am especially eager to find and fix any text problems (controls/loc/otherwise) between now and the Tuesday patch. So if you can leave a note with any you find, I'll pass 'em along. That's assuming Zip and Chris don't spot your posts themselves; they have both been lurking.

http://forums.undeadlabs.com/showthread.php?36679-Notes-10-31-2013

I've won a few things from Modbot, and it's time once more to give something back.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Dear Esther -- MB-FD3365F142EB6C75 - Taken by InfiniteNine
Mirror's Edge -- MB-1FA321F80CBDF303 - Taken by WavekSra
Darksiders -- MB-A9CE50038D9A8329 - Taken by FOX_

Cth

Slightly OT question..

Is anyone having difficulty accessing NeoGAF from a tablet?

I've tried Opera/Safari but it won't let me log in saying javascript needs to be enabled (even though it is)

No idea which thread I should ask, but I didn't see anyone having similar issues so I'm stumped.

Hinomura

Slightly OT question..

Is anyone having difficulty accessing NeoGAF from a tablet?

I've tried Opera/Safari but it won't let me log in saying javascript needs to be enabled (even though it is)

No idea which thread I should ask, but I didn't see anyone having similar issues so I'm stumped.

Tried a bit before with Kindle Fire HD (old version)... no probs at all!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Mmh, about the 500th game... I just glanced over your game list and didn't find some classics like the Thief and Stalker series. It was a possibility that came to mind, buying critically acclaimed games for that spot. But there is a high chance that if you don't have them already it's because you don't like them.

Me I hope Planescape is published on Steam when I reach that milestone ( ^_^)
I do have the first Stalker. Haven't started it yet, but maybe I should (I know, there are billions of times I said I should play something and then forget about it... I blame it on the choice overload). The Thief games tempt me, but I'm afraid they may be a bit dated now. Plus I titally suck at stealth games, which is funny because I still like them.

I guess I could buy every game from now on as a gift, and then when Bit.Trip Flux is released make it my 500th, and redeem everything else afterwards. But that sounds like a pain in the ass, and I have no idea when Gaijin Games will release that masterpiece on Steam.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I used Chrome (which I only have installed on my laptop because I like to make life difficult for myself) to skim through the bajillion specials yesterday and was pleased to see that bundles disappeared if the store was aware that I already owned the included apps. Great work. :)

This will also be working in Firefox in the next upcoming version. I'm working on re-writing a lot of the code to make it "cross browser" compatible.

EDIT: YESSSS on my user tag

How is it shaping up? Do players think it is reaching its potential from the console version or is there still a long way to go?

It's been a few weeks since I played it, but now that they patched in proper M+KB support I'm going to give a another go. The game was still a lot of fun with the 360 controller, I just wasn't a fan of the menu navigation. A modding community would do wonders for this game, but I'm not sure how viable that would be without the proper tools.

This will also be working in Firefox in the next upcoming version. I'm working on re-writing a lot of the code to make it "cross browser" compatible.

EDIT: YESSSS on my user tag

Ha, nice tag, grats. Thanks for all your hard work on enhanced steam, it beats the hell out of using the client!

What if I already own some of the games? Do I have your permission to pirate the rest then?
What sense does that make? Even if one game is worthy of a purchase the game would still cost you way more than one friggin dollar on steam so...
Its still a good deal for the buyer (if he wants a game I n the list) regardless. So he doesnt get to gift a game to someone who could easily buy it for a dollar on his own. BFD imo

Hinomura

I have the perfect Bemani controller connected at all time to my PC.
This one
PA.16922.002.jpg

Works lovely with Lunatic Rave 2 :)

:D

I've got two "cheap" konami controllers, but used them just with PS2 (tried years ago via emulation but the experience wasn't satisfying): http://www.play-asia.com/beatmania-iidx-controller-paOS-13-49-en-70-3fh.html

Back on topic: I'm pretty far with Shadow Man, and I'm confident I'll end it this time. Quick advice: buy it!!! It's very cheap and there's a 50% off for Halloween: http://store.steampowered.com/app/251770/

If you're on the fence - it's huge, it's fun, it's very atmospheric. It's a dark/horror Zelda / Metroidvania - platforming, powers, skills, restrained zones for new skills /powers, and so on. Just set up the key bindings ie: ctrl = targetlock/strafe, c = crouch, v = cam!

Jørdan

I PM'd Modbot 15 minutes ago to register a few gifts and haven't heard back yet. On checking to see if I had followed the instructions correctly I noticed that url tags had automagically been included around the Steam gift redemption code, could this be the problem?

Turfster

Jørdan;88206333 said:
I PM'd Modbot 15 minutes ago to register a few gifts and haven't heard back yet. On checking to see if I had followed the instructions correctly I noticed that url tags had automagically been included around the Steam gift redemption code, could this be the problem?

Does Modbot stil have problems with users with non-latin characters in their name? (I remember this being a problem once, I think... or was that just games with non-latin characters?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom