• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jørdan

Does Modbot stil have problems with users with non-latin characters in their name?

I recall reading Stumpokapow noticing the issue after I or someone else broke Modbot before and made changes to prevent it happening again. Hopefully I haven't done so again and I'm just being ignored.

Dr Dogg

Right, the last dreggs of my keys. Metro 2033 might be used though.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Dead Space -- MB-6A373B3B0D21D982 - Taken by eternaLightness. 1 entrants total.
Mirror's Edge -- MB-0CD9F5ED80F49E88 - Taken by bloke. 1 entrants total.
Metro 2033 -- MB-4005E82E6D3E68CC - Taken by Kyouji. 6 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-50F636E4EB1C06BF - Taken by user237. 2 entrants total.
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Uprising -- MB-B86998D75FF485D3 - Taken by Zeitgeister. 1 entrants total.
Medal of Honor (2010) -- MB-BD99016FD0319B42 - Taken by kadab. 2 entrants total.
Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-66D0F9AA04855669 - Taken by Honey Bunny. 4 entrants total.
LIMBO -- MB-197883F097EC59C5 - Taken by Spawn. 1 entrants total.

t1383268927z1.png

Edit: Oh gratz on the tag Shackles. Thanks for all the hard work on Enhanced Steam. It sure is appreciated.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
This will also be working in Firefox in the next upcoming version. I'm working on re-writing a lot of the code to make it "cross browser" compatible.

EDIT: YESSSS on my user tag

Stump does gives the best tags. I can't wait for the Saoirse's tag about JaseC, wait, what.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
What sense does that make? Even if one game is worthy of a purchase the game would still cost you way more than one friggin dollar on steam so...
Its still a good deal for the buyer (if he wants a game I n the list) regardless. So he doesnt get to gift a game to someone who could easily buy it for a dollar on his own. BFD imo
The same sense that saying "[...] anyone who can't throw a dollar or $6 for a pile of games might as well just go pirate them anyway" makes. Which is to say, none at all.

Being a cheap-ass doesn't equal pirating stuff. One is against the law, the other isn't.

Yes, the other guy could have bought the game for a dollar. But why should he, if I can give him my spare key? That key was already paid for, as part of the bundle I bought.

But that was not the point of my post. My intention was to point out the ridiculousness of bringing out the topic of piracy every time something like this is being discussed, when it has no relation at all to the topic being discussed.

sibarraz

Banned
we need more bemanis in steam

I hope to see one day the dj max series on steam, or even technika considering that now more pcs had touch screen

Hinomura

we need more bemanis in steam

I hope to see one day the dj max series on steam, or even technika considering that now more pcs had touch screen

Even DJMax Ray is fun with a touch screen...

By the way, DJ Max games on PSP proved bemani-like games can be excellent even with a pad: left, up, right on the dpad, x, y, b (or square, triangle, circle) plus LB, RB (L1, R1) and you have 8 buttons, A (or cross) to trigger the multiplier and you're ready to go.

But a part of the charme of Bemani games is the 7 keys + vinyl disc controller :)

Jørdan

Modbot doesn't like me so first to quote their desired game receives the related Steam gift, I'll need a Steam username or email via PM please.

*redeemed*

sibarraz

Banned
Jørdan;88210009 said:
Modbot doesn't like me so first to quote their desired game receives the related Steam gift, I'll need a Steam username or email via PM please.

Serious Sam 2
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter
Sid Meier's Pirates!

sid meier?

Jørdan;88210009 said:

Serious Sam 2
Sid Meier's Pirates!

Pirates would be nice~

ID is chairmanchuck

Edit: Oh. Too slow. Gratz sibarraz and thanks to Jordan for this giveaway~

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Anyone know of a Steam price history site that has Christmas 2009 prices? Specifically for December 22nd, 2009 for And Yet it Moves, Broken Sword Double Pack, King's Quest Collection, and Safecracker?

I've won a few things from Modbot, and it's time once more to give something back.

Nicely done fellow GAFers :) I doff my cap to thee. You too Jørdan :).

Oh thanks ngt :) they sorted out the Steam key since earlier which is much better.

Congrats. Always happy to see positive tags.

Ha, nice tag, grats. Thanks for all your hard work on enhanced steam, it beats the hell out of using the client!

Indeed :). That is a lovely tag and thoroughly deserved. I was looking for some info in Steam earlier and couldn't understand why it wasn't there until I realised I was actually in the Steam client itself and not in my browser, ha!

Oh and it was third time lucky with Trine. It's purdy, the narrator is still sexy as all hell to listen to and it's simple but fun puzzle solving. The cards are nice too. Another badge crafting coming up [and no dupes yet, woo!]

Jørdan;88210009 said:

Serious Sam 2

Serious Sam 2?

Dr Dogg

Anyone know of a Steam price history site that has Christmas 2009 prices? Specifically for December 22nd, 2009 for And Yet it Moves, Broken Sword Double Pack, King's Quest Collection, and Safecracker?

I don't think they started cropping up until around 2010. SavyGamer is my usual go to for historical prices as Lewie was doing this before it became a trend. They do have a page up for the Christmas sale but it's the UK prices so don't know if this helps http://savygamer.co.uk/2009/12/23/steam-christmas-sale/

random

Happy Halloween all. Rather than letting them rot for all eternity in my unused key file, I thought they would be put to better use by you guys. They should all redeem fine, but if there is somehow any problems, let me know.

Thank you so much, for Thomas Was Alone!

I'm feeling slightly guilty for the great games I have won here, I'll have to get some bundles with stuff I already own (not the Humble ones I guess).

edit: ... did not feel guilty enough not to enter Hinomura's raffle for the The 39 Steps. Thank you for the chance.

maneil99

Anyone here upgrade from 8 to 8.1? Any issues. Guessing I should do a clean start due to driver compatibility issues right?

Faabulous

Jørdan;88210009 said:

First Encounter?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Jørdan;88210009 said:

Second encounter please! :D My Steam name is InfiniteNine

kafiend

Anyone here upgrade from 8 to 8.1? Any issues. Guessing I should do a clean start due to driver compatibility issues right?

First hand issue here, effecting others as well - thanks Google! Some problem with Steam and .Net 3.5. Causes the download section of Steam to go berserk. The fix of removing 3.5 from Windows 8.1 and forcing another install didn't work for me. There was no way to rollback to 8 either. I upgraded from 8 to 8.1 so might be different for you.

It was the last of many things that Win8 did to annoy me. I went back to W7.

If you are upgrading to 8.1 to get the Start Button back you will be upset. It's awful and not a Start Button as either you or someone called Jim know it.

Colin.

Thank you so much, for Thomas Was Alone!

I'm feeling slightly guilty for the great games I have won here, I'll have to get some bundles with stuff I already own (not the Humble ones I guess).

No worries. I really enjoyed Thomas myself, so wanted someone else to have the chance to play as well.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
This will also be working in Firefox in the next upcoming version. I'm working on re-writing a lot of the code to make it "cross browser" compatible.

EDIT: YESSSS on my user tag

Wonderful tag. Still, stay away from Big Foot. It'll only end it heartbreak.

tineladia

Neo Member

I upgraded my laptop to 8.1 with no problems. When I tried to upgrade my PC it wouldn't let me because I've moved my Users folder to a different drive. Rather than move it back I've decided to just wait until I'm rebuilding anyway and upgrade then. Having seen 8.1 on the laptop it doesn't seem like I'm missing out on much.

To the person who asked about State of Decay - I've been enjoying it so far. I didn't think much of the console version, but the PC version is a lot of fun.

Dr Dogg

If they were all Steam I'd be buying a new video card right now.

Know what you mean. What with the recent 780/770 price drops I've been tempted to splurge a bit before crimbo and with these 3 added in was pretty much a no brainer. Uplay is a bit of a killer but it's the usual redemption on nVidia's site which they give individual codes so I still might bite and flip the codes to someone less picky.

Grief.exe

About to use the Hola Chrome plugin to buy Call of Juarez from this site.
Everyone's payments go through perfectly?

EDIT: Looks like the sale ended :(

this worked for me too. It doesn't have a Finnish VPN but you can use the Swedish one. Have to goto http://www.viagame.se/games/call-of-juarez-4-gunslinger/ and switch the Swedish IP thing.

From there, click Kop Nu and it should be in your cart at the top. Click "Till Kassan." Click Forrstatt which will take you to payment. From top to bottom it's "Card Number," "Card Holder (Your Name on the Card)," Expiry, CID (security number on back of your card).

Click the button on the bottom right and it should send you an email with an order confirmation.

To get the key, you'll have to goto your account page which is that box at the top that says "Mitt Viagame." On the left side there should be a panel and click the 2nd one down that says, "Mina Ledladdingar." And then you should see the game there. Click the yellow button and it should produce a key.

Hope that helps.

Accoun

Happy Halloween all. Rather than letting them rot for all eternity in my unused key file, I thought they would be put to better use by you guys. They should all redeem fine, but if there is somehow any problems, let me know.

Thank you for McPixel. :)

Grief.exe

Well that's what happens when you fall asleep. Deals>Maintaining good health.

Playing Civ that late is not good for anyone's health lol. You don't lose track of time in any other activity like you do when playing Civilization.

One minute, my friend and I are rushing to some new military technology to skip over our lack of iron resources. The next minute we are wiping out a dangerous Iroquois nation from the face of the planet using a combination of musketmen and cannons. The next minute its 4 am....

The only reason I even remembered that Call of Juarez deal existed is due to Todd booting it up. Unfortunate that I missed that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom