• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Congratz to everyone who got something from spare keys. Commiserations to those who didn't but there are a couple left over on a first come, first served basis http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=88206749&postcount=7384

The key worked, thanks a lot Dr. Dogg! This is the perfect Halloween game; heard about the comparisons made to Stalker and I'm looking forward to experiencing it myself. Too bad I have to wait a few days because I hit my monthly bandwith limit, bah.

Ah good, good. Hope you enjoy it. Yeah monthly bandwidth caps suck. I'm constantly checking mine as to not be charged an arm and a leg for going over. In the year 2013, I don't know.

Right I can get some kip now. Toodles!

Miker

Ok Gaf, it was ample time for some gifting (while I rarely win anything at these shitty raffles and I hate my life and you are all bad people for entering the same raffles as me).
So it's my first, and I wanted to make a good one, and an appropriate one for today wouldn't hurt too. Hope it work out smoothly, and above all, enjoy and thank you for being a community this good.

I won! Thanks a bunch for the awesome giveaway. I entered at juuuuuuuuuuust the last second, too (giveaway said 7 seconds left).

Thanks again, I'll be hunting down the user patch for this one later.

Speaking of which, doesn't the patch have both a vanilla and a "restored content' option? Is it recommended first time players go for the vanilla route?

EDIT: Also, that Steam auto-gift link is fancy stuff.

Just spamming to say thanks Hinomura for this:

IL2-Sturmovik 1946 (Steam) -- MB-0D24E5AE1341A27B - Taken by scorpscarx. 10 entrants total.

Wanted to compare it with Wings of Prey forever.

There wasn't one left to cry after last night's slaughter ;)

Actually there are two cities left that need to be razed to the ground. The nation was ridiculously dangerous. After a very rapid expansion on our tightly-packed continent, they systematically took up all of the iron, then militarized.
They actually declared war on the Chinese first due to territory disputes and the fact that I had been trading with both nations from the start and was friendly with both civs.

That gif seriously made me laugh though, I'm going to show it to my friend that I was playing with.

Had to be done, we had no iron and a war was on the horizon.

I wanna play Civ with you sometime.

Turfster

I won! Thanks a bunch for the awesome giveaway. I entered at juuuuuuuuuuust the last second, too (giveaway said 7 seconds left).

Thanks again, I'll be hunting down the user patch for this one later.

Speaking of which, doesn't the patch have both a vanilla and a "restored content' option? Is it recommended first time players go for the vanilla route?

EDIT: Also, that Steam auto-gift link is fancy stuff.

Go vanilla (except for the old crash patch).
Also, don't go Malkavian or Gangrel on your first playthrough.

MRORANGE

really want to, but spiders scare me T_T

What about Steam Spiders?

JlxYamE.gif

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Is anyone else having problems with steam?

Everytime I go to try and look at my Inventory, the client comes back with an Error -118.

Dec

Still trying to decide what to buy before the sale ends.

$21.50 Steam wallet funds. Hotline Miami is in the cart, free on Vita but I feel like I'd enjoy it more with a mouse.

MRORANGE

Is anyone else having problems with steam?

Everytime I go to try and look at my Inventory, the client comes back with an Error -118.

It's down.

Still trying to decide what to buy before the sale ends.

$21.50 Steam wallet funds. Hotline Miami is in the cart, free on Vita but I feel like I'd enjoy it more with a mouse.

Trust me you will, played it on PC first then started on PS3 and the way to approach stuff is light years apart, there is a reason why there is a auto aim option in the PS3 version. The game just felt so much more satisfying on the PC and was a lot more fluid especially if you are trying to chain link combos.

Dec

Trust me you will, played it on PC first then started on PS3 and the way to approach stuff is light years apart, there is a reason why there is a auto aim option in the PS3 version. The game just felt so much more satisfying on the PC and was a lot more fluid especially if you are trying to chain link combos.

I really wasn't that interested in the game before but I downloaded it cause hey, it's free. It seems awesome, but they have the lock on on the Vita as well. You tap on the guy to lock on, but as soon as I open the door and shoot the fuck out of him, everyone else is alerted and I die because I am terrible with analog sticks, those tiny ones in particular, and it's impossible to lock on after shit pops off.

Above all, I despise feeling like the control method is hindering my ability to play well, and don't want to waste anymore time on an inferior version.

anyone else having problems with Typing of the Dead? whenever i get to the first room where you can tab for the "prize", the game just stops working there. it's still running, but nothing happens. no mutants/zombies do anything.

MRORANGE

I really wasn't that interested in the game before but I downloaded it cause hey, it's free. It seems awesome, but they have the lock on on the Vita as well. You tap on the guy to lock on, but as soon as I open the door and shoot the fuck out of him, everyone else is alerted and I die because I am terrible with analog sticks, those tiny ones in particular, and it's impossible to lock on after shit pops off.

Above all, I despise feeling like the control method is hindering my ability to play well, and don't want to waste anymore time on an inferior version.

Yeah I have the same problems, on the PS3 version, just holding the stick to the left dead on will make the character go at an odd angle for some reason. Some really frustrating moments when you've popped someone with a gun and need to escape the room and end up missing the door. Auto-aim does suck a lot lot of fun out of the game.

PC version excels very well as you can easily aim with a greater degree of control and precision. It's well worth picking up for PC.

Turfster

Wow, Steam is down so hard I can't even accept the gift of Typing of the Dead my wife just sent me.

Look who's bragging with an awesome wife ;)

I've spent most of the evening playing The Last of Us on the PS3... I think I've found my new best stealth game since Thief 2.
Sneaking through a subway courtyard full of clickers is nerve-wracking...

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
anyone else having problems with Typing of the Dead? whenever i get to the first room where you can tab for the "prize", the game just stops working there. it's still running, but nothing happens. no mutants/zombies do anything.
First level? There must be something wrong with your PC then, because it worked fine for me. It slowed down hard once, but that's because the heatsink and coolers are full of dust and need to be cleaned.

Ezalc

I see I wasn't the only one having problems. Right when I go to try and buy the games it goes down. This blows. I'm still having problems with purchases, I'll be pissed off if I miss the sale because I had to go to sleep to go to work since I can't purchase anything due to steam being down.

First level? There must be something wrong with your PC then, because it worked fine for me. It slowed down hard once, but that's because the heatsink and coolers are full of dust and need to be cleaned.

nothing wrong with my pc here :p guess i'll wait for a patch or see if there a fix.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
nothing wrong with my pc here :p guess i'll wait for a patch or see if there a fix.
Sorry, I didn't mean to say your hardware or anything. It was a way of saying the problem isn't general, and that something must be acting weirdly with your current setup. It's a problem with the game, no doubt.

I come bearing gifts.

I bring you... Call of Juarez: Gunslinger.
It actually looks better in game than in screens....if only slightly lol.
Sorry to hear someone barfed on your Game Gear :(

denx

I come bearing gifts.

I bring you... Call of Juarez: Gunslinger.
It actually looks better in game than in screens....if only slightly lol.

I feel your pain. :(

Anyone here played Primordia? Would you suggest reading the Fallen graphic novel before playing the game?

Sorry, I didn't mean to say your hardware or anything. It was a way of saying the problem isn't general, and that something must be acting weirdly with your current setup. It's a problem with the game, no doubt.
no need to be sorry. the ":p" meant i didn't take it that seriously, or was offended. Guess i'll wait for a fix.

Anustart

Wondering if anyone would consider an odd trade :3

My $50 JCPenney gift card code vs. Resident Evil 6 and Sleeping Dogs, which add up to about 20 bucks.

Anyone interested?

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Ended up getting:

- Vampire : The Masquerade - Bloodlines
- F.E.A.R / 2 / 3
- The Swapper
- Typing of the dead
- Dead Pixels
- They Bleed Pixels
- Dungeon Hearts

The Typing of The Dead is so good. I tried the lightgun portion and ran straight back to the typing variant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom