• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Screenshot_2013-11-02-05-01-40.png

been playing this on my phone and honestly the whole F2P model it uses aint that bad as some make it out to be. Game is totally playable and fun

I thought to myself "hope it comes to steam" as I played today but then I realized it'll probably be an Origin title

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
been playing this on my phone and honestly the whole F2P model it uses aint that bad as some make it out to be. Game is totally playable and fun

I thought to myself "hope it comes to steam" as I played today but then I realized it'll probably be an Origin title

So this is how it starts. "Hey guys, this EA game that's not on Origin yet isn't so bad!"

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I bought Alice: Madness Returns during the Steam Halloween sale and it showed up in my Origin account, too. Weird.

Oh, and someone mentioned Alan Wake and American Nightmare this page. Damn, those games run like shit on my PC. 17-20fps for American Nightmare. Meanwhile, better looking games never dip below 60fps.

Momentary

Banned
So how is Valdis Story?

I think it's excellent. It has awesome combo mechanics and boss fights with a leveling system with different skill trees. There's also another playable character right from the start and 2 more scheduled for later on.

On another note

I want to say that Arkham Origins is my favorite Batman game yet. I know it scored lower because of it being more of the same, but the combat in this game just felt so much more satisfying.

I hope it is the new trend from EA. F2P games that are so poorly thought out that you never need to spend a cent.

Well it's not supposed to be a cakewalk so there's no shame in that :). If it was your first time playing an XCom game [as it was for me] you could do worse than start from scratch once you've got your head round the basics. I did that and found I had a far better time of it second time round. Not that it matters either way as long as you're enjoying the game. I hope you are as I had a blast.

I liked it, and I'll go back to it, but I'm not really in the mood for getting my ass kicked. :lol Decided to switch over to Kingdoms of Amalur for a while, since I haven't played that yet. Also a good game, though a bit too cartoony for my tastes.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I think it's excellent. It has awesome combo mechanics and boss fights with a leveling system with different skill trees. There's also another playable character right from the start and 2 more scheduled for later on.
If you were to compare Valdis with another game, what would it be?

Phinor

I wouldn't call it fine. I've been playing some 5 hours now and half of the content is gated away behind keys that never drop. I've received two keys so far and to open all the doors I've encountered, I'd need around 20-25(?)

But maybe it's my attitude towards F2P. If a game is F2P, I'll never put a dime into it and if it doesn't remain 100% playable without endless grinding, it's not going to be fine in my books. Enough good games to play even if I have to ignore everything F2P offers. On the other hand if they had asked $20 for the Android version of PvZ 2, I'd have bought it immediately because I really liked the previous game.

FloatOn

you could be playing typing of the dead.

I do want to check out PvsZ2 sometime though. really liked the first one.

Jawmuncher

Does anybody now that the Amazon digital version of "Of Orcs and Men" is DRM free, or the Steam version? Because I really want the game but only if it comes with a Steam key.

http://www.amazon.com/Of-Orcs-And-Men-Download/dp/B009M7HHQM/ref=sr_1_1441_bnp_0/188-6418957-4239311?s=videogames-download&ie=UTF8&qid=1383381750&sr=1-1441&tag=isthcom0a-20

It's a download guess the steam key was taken off.
EDIT: Looks like the Online Game Code is still at 29.99 you might be able to talk to amazon support if you want it that bad.

So how is Valdis Story?
I was going to suggest looking at my post history for yesterday, but then I remembered I spent half of the day poking at deluded people in various Rare threads, oops.

Anyway, I picked a couple of posts from the rubble.

I've died on two bosses so far and both times came back better for it (and with no additional leveling). I'm assuming the boss fights continue to rely on the deep intricacies of the battle system over pure stat boosting, but I'll keep an eye open for anything that spikes up too harshly.

That said, the plant boss drove me a little batty considering my own combos kept launching me into the poison pits.

But again, with that, slowing down and focusing a little more on heavy attacks worked out much better.
GUYS.

Prepare to have me not shut up about Valdis Story for the next week, next month.

The game is too sick on all fronts.

I just had a boss battle that wouldn't have felt out of place in a Platinum game.

Then five minutes later, I fought another boss of the same caliber.

And it wasn't even some story bravado or a crazy stage ending event, it was just "Hey, it's been a few minutes, here's something awesome to do."
So Valdis Story has skill trees, but also weapon upgrade trees.

I'm taking my sword down the critical/assassin path, apparently.

In addition, the game seems to be pretty open where I am right now, I do have a goal but I'm kind of running around through random other areas finding new mobility upgrades and keys as I please.

Armors are kind of neat too. First of all, they all seem to be behind platform/dash challenges. And they're not simply incremental upgrades, each armor set has unique stats and/or abilities. So new armor is not "better" armor, just different. You can upgrade each armor with materials that enemies drop for incremental upgrades too.

For being so inspired by Igarashi Castlevanias, Endless Fluff has gone to great lengths to take almost every little aspect of the standard formula and put interesting, unique spins to them.

Boss battles remain a highlight. although I could use some new combat or combo abilities to freshen up a bit.

And with the armor I just found, I now have triple skill cancelling/dashing.

I'm gonna go with the nastiest definition of ATM. And yes, the new Opera is as nasty as that thing.

5 versions of the "new" thingie and still no proper bookmarks? Man, this is like a bad nightmare. Hopefully we'll all wake up soon.

That's one of the aspects of Opera that I adore. I like not being able to bookmark. I have my daily sites on the Speed Dial and the things I wish to look at later I shove in the Stash. Anything I wish to keep for later reference goes in my Shortcuts folder. I used to accumulate gadzillions of bookmarks with Firefox so I like this leaner way of working.

Somebody on my friends list suggested to me some weeks ago that I should use a photo from when she was 13/14 to freak people out a bit, but I forgot about it until last night and changed my mind when I happened upon this one (taken last year).

pervert

It is my first time. I had two keys for Alan Wake sitting here that I'm not sure if were ever redeemed. The person to who it was supposed to be wasn't very interested on the games.

Niiiice giveaway! :D

I liked it, and I'll go back to it, but I'm not really in the mood for getting my ass kicked. :lol Decided to switch over to Kingdoms of Amalur for a while, since I haven't played that yet. Also a good game, though a bit too cartoony for my tastes.

Understood :) I go through moods with what sort of game I wish to play and/or how challenging I wish it to be. XCOM got it's hooks into me very early though and didn't let up until about 90 hours later. When you do go back to it I do recommend an easier difficulty setting though. Harder difficulty settings can wait for a later playthrough once you know what you're doing and are looking for more of a challenge :). Hope you have fun with K of A.

Anyone else getting Error Code: -109 and general lack of response from Steam Community at the moment?

I was last night, yes.

...aaand it's fixed again. How curious. Well, at least I can go back to stalking fellow GAFfers' profiles.

*thumbs up*

...and yet somehow forget to actually set them to private. My, what big antlers you have. *waves*

Actually, I was just admiring woo's burgeoning badge collection when things went down. Very nice, old chap.

How thoroughly decent of you old boy. Fancy a snifter? What? What?

I was meh about cards and badges for months but recently decided to craft them for games I really like[d] and now I've got the compulsion to craft more of the buggers :/.

How thoroughly decent of you old boy. Fancy a snifter? What? What?

At this time of the morning!? How decadent...

I was meh about cards and badges for months but recently decided to craft them for games I really like[d] and now I've got the compulsion to craft more of the buggers :/.

I know the feeling. I actually had several collections saved up and ready to craft just in case the Halloween sale offered themed drops, but alas :(

I guess I'll be saving them now until the big Winter sale.

Has any patch been put out to fix the issues in DXHR DC?

Nope. But it looks like they are working on it.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=140084

This is curious.

(PC) Windows 8.1 users are experiencing mouse problems, with the cursor jittering and lagging.
Quote:
Windows 8.1 affects games that do not use raw mouse input. A link to fix this problem has been provided by the community and information can be found at http://www.ghacks.net/2013/10/24/fix...s-windows-8-1/

Why would you ever not use raw mouse input? Are there people out there who dont like it? Are there people out there who say "Nope, dont like this. This is too responsive."

Is there a way to get Steam to stop pausing my downloads when I start up a game without having to alt-tab out?

Nope. I wish they would fix it so it only pauses downloads if you open a multiplayer game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom