• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vee_One

In Australia - I wish Steam would stop advertising CoD: Ghosts as $45 on the splash screen because when you click on it - $89.95

I remember someone talking about this before but not the instructions (go figure).

What do you need to edit to make the games grid view of your Steam Library have no gaps between the game images?

That's strange. It's not even $45 in the U.S.. $60 here. If you want it for $60 and you can paypal the money let me know.

They are highlighting the upgrade to the digital hardened pack. Ironically that is cheaper in Australia at only $45 to get you to the full $134.95.

I suppose you can't buy a US sub and then upgrade it with an Australian one to save $15?

Either way you'd have to be nuts. Especially to buy the $60 season pass rather than just upgrading.

Vee_One

That's strange. It's not even $45 in the U.S.. $60 here. If you want it for $60 and you can paypal the money let me know.

Might take you up on that - still deciding if I want to grab it or not. I always buy them but not sure I really get my monies worth from them. Don't tend to play the multi for long and I have BF4 at the moment to keep me going.

MRORANGE

...and yet somehow forget to actually set them to private. My, what big antlers you have. *waves*

Actually, I was just admiring woo's burgeoning badge collection when things went down. Very nice, old chap.

I have nothing to hide :)

Don't ask me how I racked up 300hrs in MW2

The majority of achievements for Valdis have 2% or less earned.
Yeah, I just peeked at the achievement list and I would expect them to stay that way, if not go lower.

I was actually going to beat it on my first go without looking, but as I received no story/progress achievements, the curiosity got the better of me.

They're all pretty crazy, "Beat this boss on Hard with Rank S," or "Beat the Entire Game on Godslayer (aka Hardest Mode) With Rank S."

They are highlighting the upgrade to the digital hardened pack. Ironically that is cheaper in Australia at only $45 to get you to the full $134.95.

I suppose you can't buy a US sub and then upgrade it with an Australian one to save $15?

Either way you'd have to be nuts. Especially to buy the $60 season pass rather than just upgrading.

I'm not sure if that would work, and even if it did I dont think that is something we should mess around with.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
ok, last week it was tim schafer, this week we got raph koster here in argieland

feels good man, what an amazing and inspiring guy

keep 'em comin'
Don't remind me of that, please. I'm still bitter about missing Tim's conference.

I know this is common knowledge, but boy the Steam community hubs are filled with um, well I'm on GAF so I need to be Ultra PC, so uh, "dunderheads."

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
That's one of the aspects of Opera that I adore. I like not being able to bookmark. I have my daily sites on the Speed Dial and the things I wish to look at later I shove in the Stash. Anything I wish to keep for later reference goes in my Shortcuts folder. I used to accumulate gadzillions of bookmarks with Firefox so I like this leaner way of working.
I know not what stash and shortcuts are, and would rather kill myself twice than find that out. But even if you didn't want to keep a lot of bookmarks, you still had notes, which was (and still is, on the older versions) an extremely useful feature for keeping little memos of stuff you want to check out later, or things you wanna keep but don't want to make a bookmark of.

But anyway, the key word here is "choice", or in the case of Opera Next, lack thereof. Other key words are "options" and "customization", all things that the newer versions got rid of.

Only visit if you have a trouble with a game and trying to find a fix, otherwise stay far away.
Yeah. I can't help it sometimes, even though I should know better.

I almost thought it could be like GameFAQs was (or still is, I wouldn't know now), poison on all normal accounts, but if you went there for the smaller/niche games, you'd actually find passionate fans of said games with some interesting and/or meaningful discussion.

Alas.

Knurek

But anyway, the key word here is "choice", or in the case of Opera Next, lack thereof. Other key words are "options" and "customization", all things that the newer versions got rid of.

Yea, they should've named it Opera for Dummies or My Little Opera: Bookmarks are Magic.

This is why I hope Valve never goes public - investors tend to ruin the shit out of good tech companies.

Tizoc

Gaben at the end of every Steam sale:
ibnMXgrxxidUVx.gif

So 90k people listed in Spelunky leaderboards which means ~100k people bought the game considering the tutorial completion rate. Congrats to the devs I guess
10 hours in and I still haven't seen the goddamn boss of your game.

MRORANGE

I still love Magicka and it's a shame a lot of people haven't played it, a lot of people give it disdain because

- It was a mess at launch, random bugs and such which were fixed.
- Game was impossible to play on your own.
- The game is on sale like every other week on Steam (+ shit-ton of DLC).

Having played it with 3 other friends that I knew well, I must say it was one of my best co-op experiences. The game has this comical grandeur type of quest - like LOTR meets Futurama. I think me and my friends got very engaged with the quest on hand and even tried tactics to solve problems with bosses which was half of the fun, even when we did die, we didn't feel as if the game was broken but more to do with us and the spell strategy that we used. Small stuff like accidentally setting your team mates on fire on sending a meteor shower that wipes your whole team out makes this quite a enjoyable game.

Chronoja

Here's a little something for you game collectors out there. There is a discontinued version of Blood Bowl not listed on the steamworks games list or retail key list, Blood Bowl: Dark Elves Edition, that via retail redeems on steam without a problem.
The interesting part is that, if I read correctly, it was never released physically outside of Europe making it sufficiently hard to find.

I purchased it myself and can guarantuee that it works, you can check my steam games list as proof, but on my searches I only found it being sold in 2 places, ebay for a limited amount of copies (5 copies - £8 each, new and sealed) and zavvi at an extortionate price point. (£35)

Anyways, hope this info helps boost someones game count by +1
edit: image just for proof.
RapZA1P.jpg

Jawmuncher

I still love Magicka and it's a shame a lot of people haven't played it, a lot of people give it disdain because

- It was a mess at launch, random bugs and such which were fixed.
- Game was impossible to play on your own.
- The game is on sale like every other week on Steam (+ shit-ton of DLC).

Having played it with 3 other friends that I knew well, I must say it was one of my best co-op experiences. The game has this comical grandeur type of quest - like LOTR meets Futurama. I think me and my friends got very engaged with the quest on hand and even tried tactics to solve problems with bosses which was half of the fun, even when we did die, we didn't feel as if the game was broken but more to do with us and the spell strategy that we used. Small stuff like accidentally setting your team mates on fire on sending a meteor shower that wipes your whole team out makes this quite a enjoyable game.

I still want to give it a go sooner or later.
Being able to play solo (Which is more than likely what's going to happen) is my biggest concern. Though it seems that might not be an issue now.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My 25 hour gaming marathon/live stream for Extra Life will start in about 10 minutes over at Twitch.

Won't be posting again as I'll be in game. :)

Nabs

magicka will ruin friendships¸
.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ rip sanjay neva4get

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm glad that slowly but surely all the thread regulars are getting around to playing it and loving it. I was a day 1 dickrider and it was disheartening to see one of the best indie games in recent years to get overlooked.

To be fair, even being overlooked it still made a profit and paid off its publisher in 2 days.

Yuterald

So, I too bit the bullet on Valdis Story last night and I've been playing the balls out of it. Started on God Slayer difficulty and S-Ranked all the bosses up until the Abandoned Gardens. Totally cool stuff here. I played the demo awhile back and dug it so I figured why not check out the full game. Glad I did, game's so much fun. Never heard of these Endless Fluff guys, but they've got all the right ideas here.

Definitely Metroid/Castlevania inspired, but it's got way more RPG elements. I'd even go as far and say it's a bit deeper than most IGA-vania games. There's move/dash cancelling, perfect guard/stun blocks and tons of equipment with various/different passive abilities/stats which can also be upgraded. Aside from the Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment-like character portraits (which I don't really care for), the character/boss/enemy sprites are pretty nice. Game's got a good flow and nice rhythm too.

The bosses are the highlight, for sure. Each one I've faced had a cool little idea/gimmick to them. S-Ranking them is so much fun too (especially the reward you get for scoring a higher rank). Seems like the game's loaded with them too (according to the Achievement list). Good pacing as well. I always find myself saying, "I bet this is the boss room" more often than not which is definitely a good thing!

One thing that took me by surprise is the soundtrack. Can't remember the name of the composer credited in the introduction, but the music is great! I usually don't expect much from the music department on the indie front, but all the music is really nice, especially in the Abandoned Garden.

Cool game, definitely worth $15. Looks like there's a lot going on here, lot's to do, and plenty of reasons to replay the game!

I'm glad that slowly but surely all the thread regulars are getting around to playing it and loving it. I was a day 1 dickrider and it was disheartening to see one of the best indie games in recent years to get overlooked.

Yeah, I remember seeing you pimp it for a while. Great puzzles, beautiful claymation-like look and a neat story. Still 18 peeps on my friendlist who have it wishlisted *sigh*

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
One thing that took me by surprise is the soundtrack. Can't remember the name of the composer credited in the introduction, but the music is great! I usually don't expect much from the music department on the indie front, but all the music is really nice, especially in the Abandoned Garden.
Guy's name is Zack Parrish. You can buy the ST here, if you want. Use the discount code "steamy_release" for a 50% discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom