• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Valve. Inability to check my inventory or badges or anything that relies on your webpages loading whilst in your client is really starting to get on my tits [and not in a good way].

Given how much money you are swimming in it's really rather pathetic.

kurahador

Wow...Papo & Yo is great. Totally didn't expect THAT kind of story, I was even more surprised it was based on the creator's own experience.
I wish the music were playing more often though coz it was soooo good.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
PS - the Aliens DLC is hilarious.

I uninstalled the game so you're going to need to give me a day or two to free up some space and download the base game again hahaha.

Right now I'm doing a replay of Joe Danger but it's less fun when I'm in the top 10 in the world in every leaderboard and no one on my friend's list is competing against me and I play through the Ultra Hard Preview and no one here even bothered to try it. :/

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Wow...Papo & Yo is great. Totally didn't expect THAT kind of story, I was even more surprised it was based on the creator's own experience.
I wish the music were playing more often though coz it was soooo good.

It was a little heavy handed at times. I think the subject material is good, but I think the flashbacks weaken the impact.

Turfster

Hey Valve. Inability to check my inventory or badges or anything that relies on your webpages loading whilst in your client is really starting to get on my tits [and not in a good way].

Given how much money you are swimming in it's really rather pathetic.

Yeah, I hope they finally move to a, you know, real client someday, not a glorified browser. Then we can maybe finally have all those useful features they can't implement because the thing still needs to be compatible with IE 1.0

There's a demo for it? Where can I get it? Don't tell me it's on the steam store, because then I'll cry about it not being on my Steam Store.
I don't see a demo on Steam or on Endless Fluff's site.

Ah, okay, I see that there's a VERY old prototype on their site, it's probably not good to gauge the game on Steam with.

Edit: So there is a real demo, never mind then. YO Endless Fluff, put that on Steam and on your site.

Sorry if this has been asked a billion times but do we have an ETA for family sharing? I'm tired of switching back and forth between mine and my brother's account.

Nabs

Sorry if this has been asked a billion times but do we have an ETA for family sharing? I'm tired of switching back and forth between mine and my brother's account.

Family Sharing is pretty much in open beta. You just need to join the group and the client beta. Just give it a day or so.

Loading web content into the client has been crazy slow for me the last couple of days.

Community content seems slow in general.

Chronoja

Loading web content into the client has been crazy slow for me the last couple of days.

I was discussing this with a friend a few moments ago, it's not just in the client, loading things like the SPUF forums or community hubs even in a browser has been painfully sluggish in the last few hours.

Overdoziz

Banned
Completed Metro Last Light. Much better than 2033, but still has its fair share of issues.

+Gunplay is much improved over 2033. It's a lot more satisfying.
+Stealth gameplay is also much better. No longer can enemies see you through cover and the fact you don't necessarily need to use stealth makes it feel a lot more natural.
+Atmosphere is even better than in 2033. A lot scarier at times too.
+The game looks absolutely gorgeous.

-Having a difficulty level locked at all is dumb, having it behind a paywall is even worse.
-Fighting the animals is still not nearly as fun as fighting humans.
-Boss battles were bad.
The swamp boss had an insane amount of hitpoints. It was easy to stay alive, but taking it down was misery, especially if you had limited ammo. The second boss, the one in the caves was a bit weird. It knocked down all the pillars, then I shot it twice and it fell over.
-The English voice acting is still as bad as in 2033.
-The storyline didn't really focus on what I hoped it would.
I wish it would've focused more on the Dark Ones. The Reds vs Order storyline wasn't exactly interesting or well executed.
-The ending.
You blow up D6 which houses the remaining Dark Ones and at the end the Dark Ones managed to get away? Maybe I missed something. Honestly also wished some more interesting stuff happened with the Dark Ones. Now the little dude found more Dark Ones and left. That's it.

Overall I can say it was definitely worth the €10 I paid for it.

sibarraz

Banned
oh great binary domain crashes every 10-15 minutes

Worst is that the game after the second chapter starts to get really good

Yeah, I hope they finally move to a, you know, real client someday, not a glorified browser. Then we can maybe finally have all those useful features they can't implement because the thing still needs to be compatible with IE 1.0

Indeed :/. For a bunch of "best of the best" tech whizes [their words, not mine] they are annoyingly amateurish in some respects. Very Nintendo like in that way :/.

Li Kao

Ok so I consider myself a little squeamish gaming wise. And I completed recently Amnesia. I plan on playing A machine for pigs. Anndddd I'm in the middle of Outlast.
Go fucking figures.
So evidently lights on and after the first few jump scares, thxbutnothx back to speakers.

Apart from that, I must say the game really sold me for the few hours I played. Still not a fan of the cat & mouse horror that's all the rage, not a fan of all this stupid gore plastered everywhere and above all, friendly reminder, jump scares does not equal horror guys.
But at the same time, graphically it's good, immersion is great with the camcorder thing, like in Amnesia a lot of the game scary feeling comes from the great sound department... and I will say it, I will stand by it even toward a bunch of cool kid reviewers armed with pitchforks : the plot is cool. Ok it is totally a been there done that thing, yes it's B movie as fuck, but... I don't know, I like "genre", the execution is good and I don't see how it could end in disaster (well if they had aliens, ok).

Yeah, the most weak element is the puzzle quality, brain dead. And it's linear as hell. But I'm on a super cool haunted train ride here and I like the journey.

DagsJT

Family Sharing is pretty much in open beta. You just need to join the group and the client beta. Just give it a day or so.

Community content seems slow in general.

I've been in the beta for a week or so, not heard a thing. Running beta client too.

zychi

Banned
Just a heads up, Nba 2k14 on Amazon is $20 today, I went to buy it and I had 2 $5 promo's added to it (I think from buying other 2k games a few weeks ago) So I basically got it for $10

Anteater

Just beat tomb raider, it was alright, got boring towards the end, game looks pretty, didn't like the plot all that much and sadly that seems to be their main focus.

Grief.exe

Just beat tomb raider, it was alright, got boring towards the end, game looks pretty, didn't like the plot all that much and sadly that seems to be their main focus.

I was thinking the same thing when I finished my play through last week.
Cool in the beginning as they introduce all the mechanics and the plot, not so good by the end.

When does Torchlight 2 get replaced with a new sale?

Ends Monday at 10 pacific.

DukeBobby

That's the big problem I have with it. If they didn't force that terrible shit down our throats, I would have enjoyed it a lot more.

Li Kao

Mmh, when will Activision adopt a sensible pricing scheme ?
I mean yeah ok you sell your shooters by truckload, don't need no discount etc... ok. But what about the old ones ? Is there really still a strong demand for older iterations of COD ? I feel sometime in the mood for a brainless splosionfest, but 30$ or so for Blops or MW3 ? Get out of there.

What's the deal with all the -118 errors lately?

It's Valve trolly way of reminding us that we are all their bitch because despite being paying customers we not only accept regular crappy service but say "Please sir, may I have some more?"

*sigh*

Don't mind me, headache + stressed = grumpy woo.

Back to the lovely Trine I go.

Anteater

I was thinking the same thing when I finished my play through last week.
Cool in the beginning as they introduce all the mechanics and the plot, not so good by the end.

That's the big problem I have with it. If they didn't force that terrible shit down our throats, I would have enjoyed it a lot more.

Yeah the mechanics and explorations were promising at the beginning ;(

Hopefully the sequel will be better, it feels like they do have the talent but focused on the wrong things.

Colin.

Just a heads up, Nba 2k14 on Amazon is $20 today, I went to buy it and I had 2 $5 promo's added to it (I think from buying other 2k games a few weeks ago) So I basically got it for $10

Good to know. Since I too got given 2 of those $5 promo credits. I believe NBA 2k13 ended up being $15 in the last Amazon Winter sale, so I might wait for that, since the credit doesn't expire until 2014. Can't say I follow the NBA, but at $5, I would definitely try it out.

Xmas day (2012) Scribblenauts Unlimited and Lego LOTR (both for PC) were $7.50 on Amazon.com (about 1.5 months after release).

I got Scribblenauts the same way last year. I had to wait like 3 months to actually play it though, due to the European release date, and I don't like messing with VPN for activations. Hoping for the same this year with the new game. Plus, it's actually out now, so I wouldn't have to wait to play!

Lain

Finished the Valdis Story demo. Great demo, with 2 boss battles and some exploration. I'm really close to pulling the trigger and purchasing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom