• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Hmm, Game Dev Story is 40% off at about £4.20ish. I have £5.40 of card money sitting in my wallet, by I can't help feeling like I should save it for something... more. Is Game Dev Story worth it? Might wait for deeper discounts or one on something like The Stanley Parable instead. Having such a small amount of credit is crippling me making any decisions on what to use it on!

sprinkles

Why does Arkham City run so poorly? Even with FXAA instead of MSAA and Direct 11 mode off I cannot get steady 60 FPS. Never had a game run so badly on my 7950.

schwupp

Hmm, Game Dev Story is 40% off at about £4.20ish. I have £5.40 of card money sitting in my wallet, by I can't help feeling like I should save it for something... more. Is Game Dev Story worth it?

no - its barely a game. you just watch it with your decisions not having much impact.

sprinkles

Turn off PhysX and it should be easy lock it to 60 on a 7950.
PhysX was disabled by default. With DirectX 11 features on (Tessalation on Normal) I get sub 30 FPS with frame drops to 15. With DX11 deactivated I get only 45-60 FPS. I really do not know why.

Tenrius

So! I happened to stop by a video game store today and what do you know, they had Steam-activated 007 Legends for very cheap. I bought one and am now wondering what to do with it. If some fellow Steam-GAF participant wants it, you can have it for $6.5 (which is what I paid for it).

If not, I'd like to ask for advice on where I'd be better off selling it (and I'm also interested in how much it might be actually worth, but I assume it's more than $6.5).

Note: The key can be activated only in CIS countries, but from my understanding, it can be easily and safely circumvented by using a VPN or a proxy. I never did it myself, so let some of my more experienced peers correct me!

P.S. That store also had the PC port of Epic Mickey 2, which doesn't even exist in most parts of the world. That wasn't Steam or any DD platform though, just a regular retail copy.

Replayed Arkham Asylum since they patched in Steamworks and finally completed all the combat challenges with 3 medals in each. Quite a pain, but it felt pretty rewarding.

Copons

Tried some chapters of Call of Juarez Gunslinger.
This game is surprisingly good, more so considering it came out at a low price IIRC.

Except for some truly awful effects (fire is the worse!), everything looks beautiful and even art direction looks cohesive and well thought. Some views are truly breathtaking, not like RDR (topping everything else by sheer brute force of astonishingly wide landscapes), but in a very personal way, with its strange mix of realistic textures and cel-shading.

I'm playing it with controller and it feels perfect, even if sometimes I have bad times headshotting. But anyway, considering the analog nature of duels, I really can't imagine playing it with kb/m.

Best thing, btw, is that I can run it better than Sajjaja! :D

MRORANGE

So! I happened to stop by a video game store today and what do you know, they had Steam-activated 007 Legends for very cheap. I bought one and am now wondering what to do with it. If some fellow Steam-GAF participant wants it, you can have it for $6.5 (which is what I paid for it).

If not, I'd like to ask for advice on where I'd be better off selling it (and I'm also interested in how much it might be actually worth, but I assume it's more than $6.5).

Note: The key can be activated only in CIS countries, but from my understanding, it can be easily and safely circumvented by using a VPN or a proxy. I never did it myself, so let some of my more experienced peers correct me!

P.S. That store also had the PC port of Epic Mickey 2, which doesn't even exist in most parts of the world. That wasn't Steam or any DD platform though, just a regular retail copy.

Wrong thread, go here:

you can also try the Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2013

Check OP next time.

Grief.exe

Replayed Arkham Asylum since they patched in Steamworks and finally completed all the combat challenges with 3 medals in each. Quite a pain, but it felt pretty rewarding.

I hope you are showing that off as part of an Achievement Showcase on your profile, that is one of the rarest achievements in the game.
Good work!

dypxIx8.png

I hope you are showing that off as part of an Achievement Showcase on your profile, that is one of the rarest achievements in the game.
Good work!

dypxIx8.png
You know, that hadn't occurred to me as I was relieved to finally complete them, but I think I might do that now.
Thank you!

Turfster

Speaking of rare achievements, I wonder if I'll ever get something even rarer than the Monaco/Dishonored ones. They're like 0.2-0.5%
Edit: What, Monaco has a new zombie achievement?

Tenrius

Wrong thread, go here:

you can also try the Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2013

Check OP next time.

Thanks, but I'm aware of those threads. My main point is not selling the key, but inquiring about the price and the actual situation surrounding these keys, which is more a general Steam-related discussion than a lot of things that happen in this thread. Moreover, these discussions occur all the time in Steam threads. I even seem to remember JaseC mentioning getting it from somewhere for a specific price or something.

Grief.exe

Speaking of rare achievements, I wonder if I'll ever get something even rarer than the Monaco/Dishonored ones. They're like 0.2-0.5%

DLC achievements always seem lower than the main game, not that many people come back for the extra content it would seem.

They do go up overtime, as sales wear people down, but even then the DLC content tends to be quite poor as a whole.

Kifimbo

Added these:

10/31/2013 - Magicka: Wizards of the Square Tablet - RPG - Paradox Interactive/Paradox Interactive - $4.99
10/31/2013 - No More Room in Hell - FPS/Horror - Lever Games/No More Room in Hell Team - Free
10/31/2013 - Ragnarok Online - MMORPG - Gravity Interactive/Gravity Interactive - F2P
11/01/2013 - Epigenesis - Arena sports - Dead Shark Triplepunch/Dead Shark Triplepunch - $9.99
11/01/2013 - Heli Heroes - Action - Topware Interactive/Reality Pump - $4.99
11/12/2013 - Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - Fighting - Warner Bros./Netherrealms - $49.99
12/17/2013 - Dementium II HD - Action/Horror - Digital Tribe - Memetic Games - $14.99

Speaking of achievements, borderlands 1 wont give me any. Wtf? I havent played any custom quests or anything screwy, just played 14 levels where i was the host, got 0 cheevos. Kinda whomps cos theres way too many to SAM them myself

Turfster

DLC achievements always seem lower than the main game, not that many people come back for the extra content it would seem.

They do go up overtime, as sales wear people down, but even then the DLC content tends to be quite poor as a whole.

The Monaco ones are form the main game. They're just... not "easy" to get. (As in, you had to actually plan a few of them in advance)

DLC achievements are usually much less popular. I think one of the factors is that steam achievements aren't really part of e-peen like they are on consoles.

Dec

Forge has some really rare ones, it isn't a popular game obviously, but I think it's mostly that the healing and tank classes are just under used.

Heal teamates from 500,000 points of damage 0.1%.
Protect teamates from 50,000 points of damage 0.1%
Capture the relic 5,000 times 0%
Capture the relic 100 times 0%

maty

Joining the Perfect Knight group

I platinumed AA on PS3 but replaying the game at a higher resolution and 60fps was so good

Now, to play B:AC for the 1st time.

Just finished Brothers, and that ending man
I just can't contain the feels.
It was a great experience, I found the landscapes really pretty for the most part, I'd take better art style over better graphics any day (why not both though ?).

Gonna fire up The Swapper now.

Dec

Got to the
after credits
part of Hotline Miami last night and the game wont launch today. :(

Opens, Steam says I'm playing Hotline, then I click start in the launcher and nothing happens, after a few seconds I'm no longer in game on Steam.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I think I have one from The Basement Collection that's around 0.2, wouldn't be surprised if that has a bunch of rarely achieved achievements.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks, but I'm aware of those threads. My main point is not selling the key, but inquiring about the price and the actual situation surrounding these keys, which is more a general Steam-related discussion than a lot of things that happen in this thread. Moreover, these discussions occur all the time in Steam threads. I even seem to remember JaseC mentioning getting it from somewhere for a specific price or something.

If no GAFers are interested, then you could make a tidy profit selling the key, but you'll likely find this difficult if you lack sufficient "rep" (i.e. positive trading comments) since unlike trading through Steam, there's no safety net.

Just finished Brothers, and that ending man
I just can't contain the feels.
It was a great experience, I found the landscapes really pretty for the most part, I'd take better art style over better graphics any day (why not both though ?).

Gonna fire up The Swapper now.

Just finished Brothers yesterday as well. I know that feels, man. That game was magical.

Joe Molotov

I'm interested, hit me up if you've still got it.

Derrick01

Banned
Joining the Perfect Knight group

I platinumed AA on PS3 but replaying the game at a higher resolution and 60fps was so good

Now, to play B:AC for the 1st time.

Prepare for a massive improvement in every way over AA.

...it's a lot harder to get all the achievements though. I have AA completed twice, once on 360 and once on GFWL and I'll probably complete it again on steam if I can stomach the much simpler combat.

You know, that hadn't occurred to me as I was relieved to finally complete them, but I think I might do that now.
Thank you!

Your avatar is making me :) just thinking of that scene in the tv series. It's also reminded me of Batman [I think] having a shark hanging off his leg, asking Robin to pass him the Bat Anti Shark Repellent Spray :D.

The Monaco ones are form the main game. They're just... not "easy" to get. (As in, you had to actually plan a few of them in advance)

DLC achievements are usually much less popular. I think one of the factors is that steam achievements aren't really part of e-peen like they are on consoles.

Thank goodness for that!

[Says the person who is showing off his 2% and 3% achievements in their Steam profile]

:/

Jusoni

Here's some keys to a good home. All of these should be working, been hoarding them for some time. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Judge Dredd Dredd vs. Death -- MB-65603C43821F3351 - Taken by maneil99
Humble bundle 2 -- MB-36DB4E538E3BF0C2 - Taken by Declarius
Aquaria -- MB-895D633E11560B1E - Taken by InfiniteNine
Mark of the Ninja -- MB-0434610172ED6E43 - Taken by Honey Bunny
Fractal -- MB-4A163DDFBD69BA53 - Taken by scorpscarx
Brutal Legend -- MB-5E14670070E8C8C2 - Taken by Tecl0n
English Country Tune -- MB-E7028A7C13E2DCAF - Taken by 73V3N
Humble Bundle 3 -- MB-4B3B4BB2F7205E60 - Taken by Spawn
Oil Rush -- MB-D6D745CD9AB813CD - Taken by ModBot - Taken by gurm3n
Warhammer 40k Dawn of War -- MB-F375613DC032FB25 - Taken by Camel Master
Serious Sam HD The Second Encounter -- MB-56DD92C700E45C9A - Taken by random
World of Goo, Anomaly, Osmos, and EDGE -- MB-FFFD4C636C6AE8D6 - Taken by woo and indeed hoo
Bastion -- MB-0BD71CB8AC8E425F - Taken by FOX_
Eets Munchies -- MB-9C39F532044D8370 - Taken by Cth
Trine 2 Complete Story -- MB-6B8126ED1E63D39B - Taken by itllgrobak
Metro 2033, Risen, and Sacred Citadel -- MB-22EDA09E21D2578D - Taken by Kuroyume
Titan Quest -- MB-E71B94E6C377524C - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon
Aztaka -- MB-27EEF173B47572E2 - Taken by ZeroXZee
Serious Sam HD The First Encounter -- MB-C3AD8C658A71F658 - Taken by neoism
Red Faction Armageddon Path to War DLC -- MB-D0D519034AA7E468 - Taken by chronic_archaic
Nightsky -- MB-EDAF296302B1CF8E - Taken by Purkake4

Tenrius

I'm interested, hit me up if you've still got it.

Okay, I'll send you a PM shortly.

If no GAFers are interested, then you could make a tidy profit selling the key, but you'll likely find this difficult if you lack sufficient "rep" (i.e. positive trading comments) since unlike trading through Steam, there's no safety net.

I got one "+rep" comment on my profile, doubt that's sufficient though. I suppose I could go back to the store and get some more of those (there were like three more) and I also discovered that you can get them from plati.ru for about the same price. Plati.ru is a legitimate CD key marketplace. I'm not sure where their keys come from, probably store surplus or something, but I bought from various sellers on several occasions before and never had issues. So I could probably set up a scheme like this and grab some profits from it, if only I was sure I had a reliable way of selling these keys.

Turfster

Thank goodness for that!

[Says the person who is showing off his 2% and 3% achievements in their Steam profile]

:/

2% and 3%?
*Points and laughs*
Mine are smaller!
Wait, that didn't come out right...

But yes, it's good that there is no e-peen attached to the Steam ones, apart from the showcases I guess.

Papytendo

What a coincidence! I came on here to give out a "game" too!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:
UgDnOZX.jpg

Halo Life 3 -- MB-7D1DA892B079A2A3 - Taken by Cheddahz
Of course it's Bad Rats.

Here's some keys to a good home. All of these should be working, been hoarding them for some time. Enjoy!

That's a nice giveaway; well played Jusoni and thanks :).

2% and 3%?
*Points and laughs*
Mine are smaller!
Wait, that didn't come out right...

But yes, it's good that there is no e-peen attached to the Steam ones, apart from the showcases I guess.

:D

I know 2/3% is not the elite of the elite but I'm pretty chuffed with that! For me, who is not the most accomplished gamer, that's pretty damn good. *puts on shades and feels very smug*

Turfster

I know 2/3% is not the elite of the elite but I'm pretty chuffed with that! For me, who is not the most accomplished gamer, that's pretty damn good. *puts on shades and feels very smug*
Oh, I'm not the most accomplished gamer either, don't worry... which is why it's so strange to me that I have such rare achievements! ;)

World of Goo, Anomaly, Osmos, and EDGE -- MB-FFFD4C636C6AE8D6 - Taken by woo and indeed hoo

Woot!

Thanks so much Jusoni :D. I missed out on this the other day so am really chuffed to be gifted it now :).

EDIT:

Oh, I'm not the most accomplished gamer either, don't worry... which is why it's so strange to me that I have such rare achievements! ;)

Well the logical conclusion is that we are more accomplished than we tend to think we are! :p

Thanks Jusoni! Got Warhammer 40k that I've been intrigued for a while. Been hearing both good and bad things about it but I really need to see it myself so thanks for this giveaway I could very well find a gem that I might have otherwise missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom