• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

Thanks, but I'm aware of those threads. My main point is not selling the key, but inquiring about the price and the actual situation surrounding these keys, which is more a general Steam-related discussion than a lot of things that happen in this thread. Moreover, these discussions occur all the time in Steam threads. I even seem to remember JaseC mentioning getting it from somewhere for a specific price or something.

- Here check Steam Trades values. a list of other trading sites are in the OP as I mentioned before.
- It's fine to ask for estimations or where to get stuff here, JaseC wasn't selling anything as far as I can tell.
- The difference is you are still selling a key, those thread were created so we don't end up with favoritism / bitching of traders / sellers or continuous spam posts of trade/sell requests.

Honey Bunny

Thanks Jusoni! Got Warhammer 40k that I've been intrigued for a while. Been hearing both good and bad things about it but I really need to see it myself so thanks for this giveaway I could very well find a gem that I might have otherwise missed.

You're in for a treat, they're some of the best RTS games of all time. They hit just the right balance between learned complexity and immediate accessibility. Dark Crusade is the high point.

And then I play something like Batman and I barely get to string 5 moves together every time and I'm back with my two feet on the ground ;)

Yes but that was probably because the game is so boring that you slipped into a coma and didn't notice.

I'm not too fond of the Batman games. Have I mentioned that before?

:p

I finished Trine a few minutes ago [lordy, that last level was pretty evil] and was feeling rather good about the fact that that was another crossed off the list. A few minutes later I add four more games to my backlog *facepalm*. Not that I'm complaining! It just made me chuckle dryly to myself when I realised :).

Grief.exe

From a Destiny interview on IGN about the PC version.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/31/destiny-devs-talk-space-travel-pc-and-microtransactions

While Osborne wouldn't be heavily drawn into talking about a PC version of the upcoming shooter, he reiterated what we've heard from him before: it's a possibility, but don't expect it any time soon.

"It’s a huge challenge to ship four platforms and a massive opportunity to reach a new audience," he said. "We know there are a lot of people out there asking for PC and we know that there are a lot of gamers that would willingly give us money, but what we have to do is make sure we’re focused enough to bring a good experience to any platform that we ship on. What we 100 percent are not going to do is spread ourselves so thin that it negatively harms the other platforms. So right now we have the four platforms, which is a lot to focus on."

I'm pretty positive Destiny, MGSV, and GTAV are all coming to PC. Its just a matter of time.

You're in for a treat, they're some of the best RTS games of all time. They hit just the right balance between learned complexity and immediate accessibility. Dark Crusade is the high point.

Wow... I can't believe but I actually thought what I got was Warhammer 40k: Space Marine - a game that I wasn't sure what to think about.

However this is the famous RTS... this is better than I even thought. Very generous giveaway and thanks again to Jusoni!

Also I will be hosting a giveaway later in this month (or at the latest in early December), I am currently buying a lot of bundles and already have dozens of keys stored so even if I will be giving some of that for my IRL friends, I hope I will be having a rather nice big giveaway then here in steamGAF so stay tuned.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad that slowly but surely all the thread regulars are getting around to playing it and loving it. I was a day 1 dickrider and it was disheartening to see one of the best indie games in recent years to get overlooked.
I bought it on this last sale, so hopefully I'll be able to play it soon, and not let it rot forever in my library.

Grief.exe

Take too much robitussin and play some Borderlands 2: boom, free Destiny.

IoKNwRF.png

A strategy game

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Reign -- MB-3D4409142B060B54 - Taken by Dambrosi. 2 entrants total.

t1383431687z1.png

Tenrius

- Here check Steam Trades values. a list of other trading sites are in the OP as I mentioned before.
- It's fine to ask for estimations or where to get stuff here, JaseC wasn't selling anything as far as I can tell.
- The difference is you are still selling a key, those thread were created so we don't end up with favoritism / bitching of traders / sellers or continuous spam posts of trade/sell requests.

Well, I was doing essentially that! I didn't want to sell it to people around here for the actual price, I was just wondering about the best way to do it elsewhere, or alternatively offering someone to take it from me for the same price I bought it for. Which can be considered selling, I suppose.

Anyway, I ended up giving it to Joe Molotov and let's just leave it at that. Selling anything wasn't my intention. I just happened to see a rare game and pick it up, because I thought that some fellow Steam-gaffer would want it (and it turns out I was actually right). Suppose I didn't buy it in advance, but instead posted something like "Oh, I saw a cheap copy of 007 Legends in a store earlier, anybody wants me to pick it up?". Would that also have to go in the trading thread? There actually was a very similar discussion about Dynasty Warriors just recently in this thread.

Yeah. I didn't mean to offend anyone or violate any rules or fundamental principles, but I really don't think what you said is fully justified. I will of course take any sales or trades I might be doing in the future to relevant threads (I'm not even into that though).

Grief.exe

The dodge system in Resident Evil Revelations is so frustrating.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I can't seem to get it down consistently.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I can't seem to get it down consistently.

I remember it being decent on the 3DS, until I got to the final boss. I don't think I'll ever play through that game again.

There is something about it in the HD ports that makes it a lot harder to pull off than in the 3DS version. I can do it nearly every time I want to in the 3DS version but can't dodge for crap in the Wii U or 360 version.

Edit: It's mostly just figuring out when in an animation you can flick the stick to get a dodge to come out. The timing seems more strict in the port though.

I can only think of one instance in the whole game when it is actually required and that is very early on in the game and can be avoided entirely if one is quick enough. Either I just didn't use the dodge or was able to pull it off well enough that I don't remember. I played the game for about 100 hours on 3DS so you would think I would remember :/. Sorry Grief, perhaps you could get by without it?

EDIT - ^^^^^ well there you go :/.

MRORANGE

Well, I was doing essentially that! I didn't want to sell it to people around here for the actual price, I was just wondering about the best way to do it elsewhere, or alternatively offering someone to take it from me for the same price I bought it for. Which can be considered selling, I suppose.

Anyway, I ended up giving it to Joe Molotov and let's just leave it at that. Selling anything wasn't my intention. I just happened to see a rare game and pick it up, because I thought that some fellow Steam-gaffer would want it (and it turns out I was actually right). Suppose I didn't buy it in advance, but instead posted something like "Oh, I saw a cheap copy of 007 Legends in a store earlier, anybody wants me to pick it up?". Would that also have to go in the trading thread? There actually was a very similar discussion about Dynasty Warriors just recently in this thread.

Yeah. I didn't mean to offend anyone or violate any rules or fundamental principles, but I really don't think what you said is fully justified. I will of course take any sales or trades I might be doing in the future to relevant threads (I'm not even into that though).

Rules aren't enforced, in fact it's just me and a few others who will chase the odd poster who will sell keys here. It's more to help keep the thread healthy and being respectful and courteous to other members.

Granted it's a grey area when you start doing requests but you could easily just mention 'I saw Dynasty Warriors in a shop today' and the gaffer in question could easily query by pm or message on how to obtain it without needing to bring trade/sell requesting into the conversation. This is quite a rare exception.

Reasons why the rule is enforced:

- People were posting terrible deals or spamming deals no-one wanted, which caused people to complain about people selling charity bundles and such.
- People get defensive about sellers and profit margins and it gets ugly, this leads to more drama than necessary and derails the thread.
- People who would just come in to sell stuff since they knew this was an active thread and didn't contribute to this thread in any manner except for promoting stuff.

Frankly, I'm getting tired of explaining the justifications of this, half of us would like trade in here, while the other half would be bothered by the amount of trade requests cluttering the thread.

so on that note:

If anyone thinks that the trade/sell or posting Steam stats rules should be abolished then post here so we can think of a new system.

Thread rules for consideration for change:
- Do not solicit trade/sell requests in this thread. Splitting retail packs is fine in this thread.
- Do not spam post your steam stats or post damage lists from sales.

FloatOn

I ignored it around when it came out because of some negative press, I think, but holy cow that comparison makes me want to play it.

I mean, there can really only be one Earthbound but this hits quite a few of the same notes.

I'd love to see a full length Costume Quest sequel one day.

Also it has the paper mario style battle system. Which I'm really looking forward to playing around with again when south park hits.

I mean, there can really only be one Earthbound but this hits quite a few of the same notes.

I'd love to see a full length Costume Quest sequel one day.

Also it has the paper mario style battle system. Which I'm really looking forward to playing around with again when south park hits.
Yeah, okay I'm gonna pick it up.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Eh, something about Costume Quest doesn't click on me. Doesn't have the spark Psychonauts have.

The_Monk

The rules are fine Mr. Orange, I just hope everyone follows these 3 Extra rules too:

- Do not trade Rogue Legacy ( a random indie game I never heard of ) for RAGE

- Do not attempt to win a game in ModBot so you can give it to another person, if you don't want the game for yourself, don't enter the giveaway.

- Do not try to sell/trade the games you won with ModBot in the Steam trade/sell thread (or anywhere to be honest).

;)

Grief.exe

- Do not solicit trade/sell requests in this thread. Splitting retail packs is fine in this thread.

I don't think anyone who is a regular here or enjoys good discussion will disagree with these rules.

There are a variety of places you can go to post your lists or games that you want to sell.

The rules are fine Mr. Orange, I just hope everyone follows these 3 Extra rules too:

- Do not trade Rogue Legacy ( a random indie game I never heard of ) for RAGE

- Do not attempt to win a game in ModBot so you can give it to another person, if you don't want the game for yourself, don't enter the giveaway.

- Do not try to sell/trade the games you won with ModBot in the Steam trade/sell thread (or anywhere to be honest).

;)

Shots fired!

I think we should keep buying and selling in the buy and sell thread
Not the most active guy in this thread, but I think so too. I think splitting game packs and the occasional "Hey can someone help me buy this region X game in region Y?" when it's relatively topical to the discussion at hand should be okay though. Otherwise: we have that thread for a reason.

okayfrog

Banned
I fucking love Costume Quest. I have no idea why I waited so long to play it.

It's basically mini-Earthbound.

I started playing it on Halloween. Enjoyed what I played. Played about three or so hours more last night and already got toward the end. Neat from what I played. Reminded me of Bully/Earthbound/Psychonauts mixed with a mediocre RPG.

Boot it up an hour ago and my save data's gone. Either that or I accidentally deleted it somehow, no clue. Great job DoubleTeam for not having data on each save where it says "Slot 1/Slot 2/Slot 3". Fucking lazy assholes.

FloatOn

I started playing it on Halloween. Enjoyed what I played. Played about three or so hours more last night and already got toward the end. Neat from what I played. Reminded me of Bully/Earthbound/Psychonauts mixed with a mediocre RPG.

Boot it up an hour ago and my save data's gone. Either that or I accidentally deleted it somehow, no clue. Great job DoubleTeam for not having data on each save where it says "Slot 1/Slot 2/Slot 3". Fucking lazy assholes.

yeah for some reason it always default selects slot 3 when I choose the continue option but since I know I chose slot 1 at the start I go with that.

sucks your save got wiped out though :/

Omega

Banned
Rockstar is a fucking joke. I don't even want GTA V anymore, they can keep that shit.

Love wasting money on games I can't play because some shitty developer wants to implement their stupid online service that just makes playing games even more difficult.

anyone know how to fix tis shit? Trying to link my steam account to social club and I'm just stuck on an infinite "please wait"

I have 40 minutes played on a game where I haven't even seen the start screen

Tenrius

I agree with these rules. As I said, I don't normally sell anything and if I were to sell something, I would take it to a relevant thread. I wouldn't appreciate typical "WTS/WTB" stuff appearing in this one, the one with actual discussion.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Rockstar is a fucking joke. I don't even want GTA V anymore, they can keep that shit.

Love wasting money on games I can't play because some shitty developer wants to implement their stupid online service that just makes playing games even more difficult.

anyone know how to fix tis shit? Trying to link my steam account to social club and I'm just stuck on an infinite "please wait"

Max Payne 3? I went through this a few weeks ago. Eventually I just got lucky, although I'm always logged in under a name I don't recognize.

MRORANGE

You can skip the Rockstar Social Club stuff for the SP content, just don't bother to sign in.... Wait is this GTAIV?

Omega

Banned
You can skip the Rockstar Social Club stuff for the SP content, just don't bother to sign in.... Wait is this GTAIV?

its for MP3

I can't skip it. I haven't played MP3 before so I need to activate the game it says. Unless you mean don't sign into steam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom