• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone has a problem with some random alt-tabs all the sudden? I was playing La-Mulana and a fews times the game was minimized without me touching the keyboard or mouse.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
I never got very far in the DMC I played, which was... 4? I think. I did finish Bayonetta.
MGR just pissed me off. Fight
a fucking Metal Gear
in the first 10 minutes, then
fight it again, only this time in a bullshit cramped location.
My brain is not wired for that.

MGR I just dropped the controller after the first half hour.

Metal Gear not even hard though tbh, like the easiest thing to face. Some ppl just ain't cut out for that life I guess.

Sysgen

Anyone has a problem with some random alt-tabs all the sudden? I was playing La-Mulana and a fews times the game was minimized without me touching the keyboard or mouse.

Having this problem with Kingdoms of Amalur though I'm using a 360 controller when it happens.

Reckoner

Well after playing 348 hours I decided to uninstall dota

This month I had a heavy schedule on my college so I need to play something more flexible than dota. Plus next month I will leave for 3 months to work at a place than doesn't had a good internet connection, so I think that I will be done with it

Plus, my backlog is big and I want to play other things

Overall, I could say that the game is really good and that it changed my original impression of mobas, I made lots of friends and had great fun playing it

Now, I had to see what's next to play in my backlog

I only played the tutorials to learn more about how to play the game. The mechanics are fun, but I'm not sure if I want to give so much time to an online game.

Rising is so good. The Ray fight at the start is the weakest boss in the game, and with the game's camera I can understand it being underwhelming.

Game's so worth it though, can't wait to double dip on it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Rising is so good. The Ray fight at the start is the weakest boss in the game, and with the game's camera I can understand it being underwhelming.

Game's so worth it though, can't wait to double dip on it.

I think Konami is trying to outdo the second Valve Time definition of "soon" with MGR PC's release date. :p

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Speaking of Vita, I didn't know Assassin Creed Liberation was getting a PC port. Makes me sorta glad, given how I had read it had performance problems on Vita. Maybe on PC it'll perform better.

I don't know if it would make the game anything stellar, but the performance on the Vita was enough to keep me from playing it even when I was more starved for games on the handheld. The framerate and bugs were bad enough, but I found the audio to be unforgivably bad. Even with headphones. It was a compressed mess.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
im about that life

giphy.gif

Apath

Steam is a complete piece of shit on OSX. It takes two minutes of freezing/lag to do the simplest of things.

Does anyone else have this issue? I'm at the point where I'm about to just delete it because it is seriously unusable. I've even tried reinstalling it.

Steam is a complete piece of shit on OSX. It takes two minutes of freezing/lag to do the simplest of things.

Does anyone else have this issue? I'm at the point where I'm about to just delete it because it is seriously unusable. I've even tried reinstalling it.
oh so youve used the steam client

I run Steam on an early 2011 MBP with 8GB RAM, and I haven't gotten any freezes or lag. The only 'problem' I have is that switching between the library/store/friend activities/etc isn't instantaneous and sometimes takes a second or two, but Steam on my Win7 Bootcamp side is the same speed. I heard that custom skins can solve this particular problem, but your problem sounds worse. What are your Mac's specs?

Apath

I run Steam on an early 2011 MBP with 8GB RAM, and I haven't gotten any freezes or lag. The only 'problem' I have is that switching between the library/store/friend activities/etc isn't instantaneous and sometimes takes a second or two, but Steam on my Win7 Bootcamp side is the same speed. I heard that custom skins can solve this particular problem, but your problem sounds worse. What are your Mac's specs?
I want to say 4GB HD4000. It's a 2013 13" MBP. It is seriously frustrating because the client is running like the system has 64mb of ram.

It will sometimes just lock up logging me in, switching tabs, launching games, etc. When it "works" it just takes several minutes to do these things.

So I guess you guys have seen this already? Steam Autumn and Holiday sale dates leaked.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1ps7si/steam_holiday_sale_start_date_leaked/

http://i.imgur.com/BazPkxO.png

This is the first time I can remember this info getting leaked to the public, although they always get leaked to Amazon and other online shops. Those websites arent just guessing when Steam sale is going to happen. They are paying or offering some kind of promotion to developers/publishers to tell them when Steams sales are happening so they can get out in front every time.

I want to say 4GB HD4000. It's a 2013 13" MBP. It is seriously frustrating because the client is running like the system has 64mb of ram.

It will sometimes just lock up logging me in, switching tabs, launching games, etc. When it "works" it just takes several minutes to do these things.

Hmm, might be a RAM issue? If you're playing any games that require 512MB VRAM or more the HD4000 might not cut it since it's Integrated Graphics. You can try dialing down the graphics settings if your games. Any problems when running your Internet browser or other apps? Everything is updated, right?

OynX might help your system a little, I use it every once in a while, though I probably don't need to.

zychi

Banned
Since Gaben introduced those cards, I've been selling everyone I could, saved em up for $62, paid for COD Ghosts for me!

Thanks Gaben!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So I guess you guys have seen this already? Steam Autumn and Holiday sale dates leaked.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1ps7si/steam_holiday_sale_start_date_leaked/

http://i.imgur.com/BazPkxO.png

This is the first time I can remember this info getting leaked to the public, although they always get leaked to Amazon and other online shops. Those websites arent just guessing when Steam sale is going to happen. They are paying or offering some kind of promotion to developers/publishers to tell them when Steams sales are happening so they can get out in front every time.

So this is probably true, but it's fucking obnoxious that the guy who posted it said he "Ran across this image". Where? imgur.com? He was browsing every image uploaded? Or did he find it on a site? Why not post the site? It's very frustrating because by just saying you "ran across" something, you make it impossible for others to investigate the rumour further. If he found it on a site, he should post the site. If it was given specifically to him to post by the developer in question, he should say it was given to him to post by a developer.

Apath

Hmm, might be a RAM issue? If you're playing any games that require 512MB VRAM or more the HD4000 might not cut it since it's Integrated Graphics. You can try dialing down the graphics settings if your games. Any problems when running your Internet browser or other apps? Everything is updated, right?

OynX might help your system a little, I use it every once in a while, though I probably don't need to.
If I could get into a game I'd consider it a miracle. Steam is literally locking up from the strenuous task of running the vanilla client. Just now I managed to log in and decided to check preferences and About, etc. Suddenly the swirling loading cursor appeared and Steam completely froze. After a few minutes I force-quit and even then it took another minute to close.

Steam is the only issue I'm having. Besides the annoying issue of my laptop taking a minute after waking up for me to type my password, I can't think of a single problem.

I can update OSX to 10.8.5, but Steam itself is up-to-date.

Derrick01

Banned
Oh my god...dat lords of shadow 2 demo. If the whole game is like this then we're in for a fucking treat. Everything was noticeably better than the first game. The graphics and art style, the boss fight, it even had actual platforming that was kind of difficult considering it's a tutorial area.

So this is probably true, but it's fucking obnoxious that the guy who posted it said he "Ran across this image". Where? imgur.com? He was browsing every image uploaded? Or did he find it on a site? Why not post the site? It's very frustrating because by just saying you "ran across" something, you make it impossible for others to investigate the rumour further. If he found it on a site, he should post the site. If it was given specifically to him to post by the developer in question, he should say it was given to him to post by a developer.

In the top rated comment MrFreemanBBQ says that the guy posted it to a bunch of sites and sent him a copy as well and asked him to publish it. Who knows what this guys motivation was for wanting the email published.

Vibranium

Banned

There are a lot of annoying people like that on the internet unfortunately, but you can't do much about them. They tend to be the "post first, think later (or not at all)" type.

Anyways, I'm curious if the sale dates will change now. It'll suck if they do that because of a few irresponsible people though...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
In the top rated comment MrFreemanBBQ says that the guy posted it to a bunch of sites and sent him a copy as well and asked him to publish it. Who knows what this guys motivation was for wanting the email published.

Yeah I saw that, and that helps elaborate, but my beef is with the OP there who clearly found it somewhere but didn't feel it was pertinent to tell anyone where.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I just played (and finished) Brothers. It was really good, I liked it. A little too short, and easy, but cool nevertheless. I only got 2 achievements, and already looked at a guide for the rest, which I may get later.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does anybody know of any Turkish or Korean PC game retailers that ship internationally?

Code:
10590	Game	Football Manager 2009 Korean
34020	Game	Football Manager 2010 Korean
34230	Game	Football Manager 2011 Korean
71310	Game	Football Manager 2012 Korean
71330	Game	Football Manager 2012 Turkish
216570	Game	Football Manager 2013 Korean
216590	Game	Football Manager 2013 Turkish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom