• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1350967685556.gif
lol

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Does anybody know of any Turkish or Korean PC game retailers that ship internationally?

Code:
10590	Game	Football Manager 2009 Korean
34020	Game	Football Manager 2010 Korean
34230	Game	Football Manager 2011 Korean
71310	Game	Football Manager 2012 Korean
71330	Game	Football Manager 2012 Turkish
216570	Game	Football Manager 2013 Korean
216590	Game	Football Manager 2013 Turkish

Step AWAY from the PC sir.

If I could get into a game I'd consider it a miracle. Steam is literally locking up from the strenuous task of running the vanilla client. Just now I managed to log in and decided to check preferences and About, etc. Suddenly the swirling loading cursor appeared and Steam completely froze. After a few minutes I force-quit and even then it took another minute to close.

Steam is the only issue I'm having. Besides the annoying issue of my laptop taking a minute after waking up for me to type my password, I can't think of a single problem.

I can update OSX to 10.8.5, but Steam itself is up-to-date.

Maybe try re-installing Steam, that might fix things. Other than that, I don't know what else to do. You could always try the Mac thread in Off Topic for more help.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Step AWAY from the PC sir.

Only if I've ordered the games and am expecting a knock on the door. :p I found this site, but it seems only 2011 and onwards are available. :( There's still the matter of the Turkish versions of 2012 and 2013 (though the latter I can buy through a trader if it's not yanked from the store).

maneil99

Only if I've ordered the games and am expecting a knock on the door. :p I found this site, but it seems only 2011 and onwards are available. :( There's still the matter of the Turkish versions of 2012 and 2013 (though the latter I can buy through a trader if it's not yanked from the store).
You craaazy

catabarez

Jase, bro. You worry me sometimes.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
So I guess you guys have seen this already? Steam Autumn and Holiday sale dates leaked.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1ps7si/steam_holiday_sale_start_date_leaked/

http://i.imgur.com/BazPkxO.png

This is the first time I can remember this info getting leaked to the public, although they always get leaked to Amazon and other online shops. Those websites arent just guessing when Steam sale is going to happen. They are paying or offering some kind of promotion to developers/publishers to tell them when Steams sales are happening so they can get out in front every time.
I don't think the dates is what's particularly important to us because it's not like anyone couldn't have guessed them (have been the same the last couple of years). Having confirmation that games won't have deeper discounts in the holiday sale than those seen in the fall one is nice though..

Does anybody know of any Turkish or Korean PC game retailers that ship internationally?

Code:
10590	Game	Football Manager 2009 Korean
34020	Game	Football Manager 2010 Korean
34230	Game	Football Manager 2011 Korean
71310	Game	Football Manager 2012 Korean
71330	Game	Football Manager 2012 Turkish
216570	Game	Football Manager 2013 Korean
216590	Game	Football Manager 2013 Turkish
You are insane <3

sibarraz

Banned
I still play ISS Deluxe on the SNES over the new W11.

Well, that's different since the snes era games with their more "arcade" approach are way different W11 (who has stopped to be named that way a long time ago)

with fm, I dunno, the core game is still the same, the differences are the features, or other things

JaseC

the fact that you still think your antics are funny and that we are not all legitimately worried and thinking about interventions is cute

Tracking down region-specific games isn't funny; it's a very serious endeavour!

Edit: And it was you who planted the proverbial seed by gifting me Dishonored RU last year. :p

JaseC

Has Game Dev Tycoon been supported since release? The reviews are not particularly glowing.

The game received trading cards and Mac/Linux ports, but that seems to be about it.

I'm also worried about Jase, he's on a dangerous slippery slope.

It even seems Saoirse is worried

image.php

She'll always be numero uno.

ffqspgq.jpg

You guys can stage your little intervention if the scales tip the other way and I change my avatar to something Steam-related. :p

Wok

There is a big difference between buying all the games "on Steam", i.e. on your Steam store, and buying all the games of all the Steam stores of every region.

Wok

I don't know whether it was discussed here.

Gilbert says he now has to disable all of the 30,000 keys that were obtained after he ended the promotion, a move that he doesn't necessarily want to make, but there's no way to tell who received legitimate keys, and who didn't. He's not seeking to ban anyone who had one of those 30,000 or seek vengeance on their Steam accounts. Those copies of Blackwell Deception will just disappear from users' Steam libraries as if nothing happened at all.

Reference: gamasutra.

If you got the key prior to the end of the promotion, you are fine. If you managed to sneak a key after the promotion ended, the key is revoked. Be careful if you intend to buy a key for this game in a shady place, there is a high chance the key won't work, maybe after you restart Steam.

Anteater

I don't really know much about batman, but when they told me to look for mr. freeze, I was looking for a really big mucular man that resembles Arnold Schwarzenegger

That was a big mistake.

JaseC

There is a big difference between buying all the games "on Steam", i.e. on your Steam store, and buying all the games of all the Steam stores of every region.

A big difference indeed. In game count!

Just finished Dishonored main story. Are the DLCs worth playing?

The Knife of Dunwall and The Brigmore Witches are both story-expanding mini-expansions and worth snapping up; Dunwall City Trials is just a set of 10 challenge maps to complete.

Sajjaja

Just finished Dishonored main story. Are the DLCs worth playing?

Get the DLCs damn it. So worth it. I haven't gotten the last one, but I played Daud's first one (which has one of the best missions in the entire game) and I've heard nothing but praise for the 2nd DLC.

Didn't get Dunwall City Trials though.

Reckoner

A big difference indeed. In game count!

The Knife of Dunwall and The Brigmore Witches are both story-expanding mini-expansions and worth snapping up; Dunwall City Trials is just a set of 10 challenge maps to complete.

Get the DLCs damn it. So worth it. I haven't gotten the last one, but I played Daud's first one (which has one of the best missions in the entire game) and I've heard nothing but praise for the 2nd DLC.

Didn't get Dunwall City Trials though.

Good to know. I'll get them, then. I presume both of them happen in the same locations of the original game, right?

oipic

I loved Dishonored, but only played through once on a (long, save-spammy) completely stealthy low-chaos run - is it worth playing again with much bloodshed and violence? I should get those DLCs, too.

Meanwhile, in today's avatar news, Jase has selected what is arguably one of the least flattering photos of Saoirse Ronan yet, while toddhunter has controversially brought to an end his recent dalliance with Jenna Fischer, and rekindled the flames with (first love?) Jennifer Morrison!

JaseC

I loved Dishonored, but only played through once on a (long, save-spammy) completely stealthy low-chaos run - is it worth playing again with much bloodshed and violence? I should get those DLCs, too.

Meanwhile, in today's avatar news, Jase has selected what is arguably one of the least flattering photos of Saoirse Ronan yet, while toddhunter has controversially brought to an end his recent dalliance with Jenna Fischer, and rekindled the flames with (first love?) Jennifer Morrison!

saoirsepunch3fqe8.gif

<3

Edit: I'll go back to my previous one soon enough. Its first stint was as short one since I have a rule.

JaseC

Steam is down for me at the moment it seems. :c

I kept receiving a "Steam Community is currently unavailable" error when attempting to change my avatar earlier. The rest of Community worked just fine but I had to wait around an hour for the issue to be fixed.

I tried to sell a card and it told me to use a browser that supported cookies, I was in the steam client unfortunately. I figured a restart would fix it but now I can't login again. It says something is wrong with my internet but I think something is wrong with theirs.

TL;DR If steam is acting strange don't log out because you won't be able to log in again. log in servers must be down. offline mode it is for now sort of sad ;( the digital future is breaking down again.

Steam is down for me at the moment it seems. :c

Also seems like KoF13 OPTIONS is link to steam servers, because i am trying to change my controller set up and it's not working...tells me *Steam is too Crowded* WTF the options is linked to the server I can't even fix my controller, WTF is this crap?

Deques

Echoplx

Ah never mind, saw that it was posted on last page. Thought it would have blown up bigger

The sales are usually around those dates every year, so it's not that shocking. Guess it's kind of nice if you will be on vacation or something and need to make sure you don't miss anything :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom