• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
For Stump:

XTrOOTb.png

Thanks for taunting me back into caring!

I'm terrified to think about how many bad indie games you must have to get a library that high. Or just bad games in general really.

I only have 300 games and it's at least 100 too many looking at my trash category.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Gotta be careful, JaseC gonna catch you soon :p

He might!

Trust me though, it gets a lot slower/more expensive at the 2k mark. You're looking at buying games that never/barely go on sale at that point. That's what I had to do with the Big Fish and Playfirst catalogues.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
He might!

Trust me though, it gets a lot slower/more expensive at the 2k mark. You're looking at buying games that never/barely go on sale at that point. That's what I had to do with the Big Fish and Playfirst catalogues.

New games are releasing at an increasing pace, though; if you took a two month break, there'd be 150+ new games you didn't buy. Plus JaseC seems to spend most his money on nonsense foreign versions of retail discs :p

Is this just the little popup in the bottom right like when someone logs on or when you get an achievement? If so, I don't see it as a big deal. If it's some big box you have to click, then yeah, that's dumb.

Just a little thing, it more annoys me because I have all friend notifications turned off but even when I'm on my desktop coding or IRCing or whatever there's a steady drip of HOORAY! Kabouter's games are available for you to play again!!!!! (yes, that's the actual text)

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
New games are releasing at an increasing pace, though; if you took a two month break, there'd be 150+ new games you didn't buy. Plus JaseC seems to spend most his money on nonsense foreign versions of retail discs :p

Yeah but I just catch up on those at Winter & Summer Sales unless they have a decent release discount, like a lot of these releases of older games have been getting.

Why does lowering resolution make a game run better? At 1366x768, Outlast runs at low with some lag. But at 800x600, I can run it at medium settings with little to no lag

Why does lowering resolution make a game run better? At 1366x768, Outlast runs at low with some lag. But at 800x600, I can run it at medium settings with little to no lag

Do the multiplication as that is how many pixels that the game needs to render. The more you have, the more power that will be required for each frame.

my dude on CAG has gtaiv complete for $5.75. i'm sick of the game, but question. how easy is it to do the mod where you turn the main character into spongebob, woody, etc? is it easy and runs stable? literally all i would want to do is screw around with some mods like that.

Yeah, really I'm so non tech savvy, it's not even funny. I didn't know a GPU was till this summer.

higher resolution = more strain on your system

Do the multiplication as that is how many pixels that the game needs to render. The more you have, the more power that will be required for each frame.
Thanks. I just thought changing the resolution only changed the screen size or something.

Yeah, really I'm so non tech savvy, it's not even funny. I didn't know a GPU was till this summer.

Thanks. I just thought changing the resolution only changed the screen size or something.

it's not one size fits all like console games. you're going to have to deal with a lot of extra options such as anti aliasing, level of model textures etc

you're going to have to fiddle with options in the video settings(not all games have this option-although this mostly applies to older games) and see what works best for your setup

my dude on CAG has gtaiv complete for $5.75. i'm sick of the game, but question. how easy is it to do the mod where you turn the main character into spongebob, woody, etc? is it easy and runs stable? literally all i would want to do is screw around with some mods like that.

is gta 4 mod friendly, or does it become a crashfest? just wondering. gta 4 has run its course for me. might throw down a $5 to screw around with some mods, but i don't want to do it if it's a pain. anybody got experience with it?

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Not technically. I got into PC gaming this summer. Most technical stuff is still nonsense to me though

Still rocking the laptop? That was my gateway drug. I dipped me feet in with a decent little laptop, then after 3 or 4 months I built a rig. Then I immediately upgraded my GPU, because there are some things you shouldn't try to save too much money on.

Still rocking the laptop? That was my gateway drug. I dipped me feet in with a decent little laptop, then after 3 or 4 months I built a rig. Then I immediately upgraded my GPU, because there are some things you shouldn't try to save too much money on.
That's what I'm gonna do next year, build my first PC. Man, the graphics cards' price here are ridiculous, a 780 is still priced at about 700 USD.

is gta 4 mod friendly, or does it become a crashfest? just wondering. gta 4 has run its course for me. might throw down a $5 to screw around with some mods, but i don't want to do it if it's a pain. anybody got experience with it?

I hesitate to answer... because it probably makes me look stupid ;) But I tried to get mods going and broke the game and gave up.

What that means is at the very least it isn't idiot proof.

Some of those rooms in La-Mulana are so annoying. Good game though.

What the hell people mean by 2D Dark Souls? They are barely like each other.

I hesitate to answer... because it probably makes me look stupid ;) But I tried to get mods going and broke the game and gave up.

What that means is at the very least it isn't idiot proof.

thank you. that is exactly the reason i asked. honestly i expected a generic 'pc games are easy to mod' response but your experience is enough to push me to not buy it. i already burned out of the main game anyway. V will be a neater experience soon enough, anyway.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
That's what I'm gonna do next year, build my first PC. Man, the graphics cards' price here are ridiculous, a 780 is still priced at about 700 USD.

A 780 is going to be pretty crazy regardless of where you are. You might try checking in on the B/S/T thread when you're in the market for one. I bought a 670 4 gb for $250 in there a few months ago. Been extremely happy with it.

Some of those rooms in La-Mulana are so annoying. Good game though.

What the hell people mean by 2D Dark Souls? They are barely like each other.

I think people refer to the lack of general direction and feedback from the game. Basically the beginning of both games mimic each other in that you know you have to go "somewhere" but there is no real indication where that is.

You then work it out from there...or in the case of La Mulana you sort of don't (at least I never did).

What do you mean by concrete game? http://store.steampowered.com/stats/?

Turfster

thank you. that is exactly the reason i asked. honestly i expected a generic 'pc games are easy to mod' response but your experience is enough to push me to not buy it. i already burned out of the main game anyway. V will be a neater experience soon enough, anyway.

You are so, so wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom