• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecl0n

Just finished my 25 hour long Extra-Life gaming marathon and I gotta say, I'm pooped.

5RpjTiw.png

That's some quality game marathon.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I dickride for Nvidia, but even from a balanced perspective I always find it hard to believe serious complaints about either company. 99% of my video card issues have been manufacturer (MSI, etc) problems (fan breaking) or my own useage (running that motherfucker into the ground). I happen to be pro at installing drivers and using them too.

Nope, not even a little bit. Turn based on a grid, small sized maps. Six units on the map max.

I think it has a demo? Or you can watch a video of the first few missions without being "spoiled" too much.

It does. It is the initial tutorial mission and is a good enough way to get a tiny idea of what you would be letting yourself in for. tl;dr play demo am gud

Guess we need a update on the Thread Title concerning errors and Community acting poorly lately. :p

STEAM O|T: If you won't read the OP or use ctrl+f at least read the last few posts before you ask a question or post something that has already been covered a million times already *stern stare*

wait

are you telling me...

*checks wikipedia*

gaben and I were born on the same day
(not the same year)

Wait...are you telling me that it's your birthday today Accent?

Li Kao

Happy Birthday my dear semi-neighbor Accent ! (Grenoble here ;-)

By the way guys, have you noticed how clunky is Steam tod... :p
But seriously, I have a badge of Outlast to craft GabeN ! Work on that shit !

And about the game, yesterday I said I didn't see how they could ruin the game in its final hours except by introducing aliens... hmm, they didn't (ruin or introduce) but fuck if they come close to it. Can't comment any further because spoiler but the thing behind the mystery is... I think we could say divisive. Not really my thing but hey.
My main gripe is that, maybe I'm an idiot as a lot of the plot is written on logs, I'm growing tired of big mysteries like Outlast or Amnesia, playing (and loving every minute of them), understanding the fractured plot as I play along and arriving at a final point where I can't head or tail of it as a whole. Like there is a line, the writter throw muds at it to make it mysterious, but poor old me can't ultimately see the cleared line at the end.
In the case of Outlast, in light of this week news it is evidently done in part to sell us a prequel but come the fuck on : would it be to hard to have a place on the internet where when you finish a game it is explained to you just by facts, without having to drown on logs subjectivity and blurriness. Yup, I imagine this wish could upset a lot of people, but seriously, Outlast final hours and the word convoluted, so made for each others. Same thing for Amnesia, plot as classic as they go, but hell if some character's motivation flew right over my head.
Yes, naked truth and mystery don't seem attractive at first, but I would sometime like to finish an horror game without a 'what the hell did I just play' kind of look on my face.

Edit - About truth behind convoluted mysteries, kudos to the steam user that tried to explain the game with a straight face while missing or mixing up some elements. Idiot.

Derrick01

Banned
Just try to get Max Payne 3 to work on PC.

25 hours will have never gone by so fast

Then you get to watch 5 hours of awful cutscenes and 2 more hours of poorly written monologues that would make me seem like an optimist by comparison. There's a few hours of repetitive gameplay thrown in there somewhere too.

Exuro

Does the Y button not work for anyone else in bpm? Decided to try it out while playing Sleeping Dogs and I can't use it with the daisy wheel. :( Using a wired 360 pad.

Tellaerin

What are your gaming plans today?

After blowing through Red Faction: Armageddon, I've gone back to RF: Guerrilla, which I never finished. So I'm probably going to be taking a sledgehammer to half of Mars again this afternoon. I'd like to start an RPG, but I can't seem to decide on anything - I started The Last Remnant, but that sort of stalled out a few hours in, and nothing really seems to be jumping out at me. Maybe I'll try to get back into The Witcher. (What little I played of it seemed interesting enough, but the combat just wasn't clicking for me.)

drizzle

Axel Hertz
daylight savings time dude. It's only 12:30.

So the new deal will show up in... 30 minutes?

I'm not in the us and I have my own daylight savings to take into consideration.

Before my Daylight savings started, deals would go up at 2 PM for me. Then, My Daylight Savings started, and deals were going up at 3PM. Now that yours ended, I don't really know what happens. :D

It's 3:38 right now. I think it'l start in the next 30 minutes, right?

It also usually fucks me over on TV Series. It's a 2 hour difference between me having daylight savings and you guys not having it. It's crazy.

Anteater

Just beat costume quest, it was mostly boring but I stuck with it since I don't have anything similar, it's kind of relaxing in a boring way.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Just beat costume quest, it was mostly boring but I stuck with it since I don't have anything similar, it's kind of relaxing in a boring way.

The writing for the kids was nothing short of fantastic. There are a couple exchanges that were easily some of the most inspired writing I have seen in videogames.

The_Monk

Daily: Grand Theft Auto IV & Episodes of Liberty City 75% off

I just clicked on it and saw "You already own Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition" but on my games list it's only "Grand Theft Auto IV" and there's no tab for downloadable content. Is there a way to make sure I have those extra episodes without installing the game?

Knurek

I just clicked on it and saw "You already own Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition" but on my games list it's only "Grand Theft Auto IV" and there's no tab for downloadable content. Is there a way to make sure I have those extra episodes without installing the game?

Check whether you have Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City in your library

FYC

Banned
Huh, GTA IV for PC, eh? Only played it on consoles. Might pick it up for mods.

Yo Derrick, what did you think of EFLC?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
All these stages are nice but there is only 1 point of no return and it goes as so

"Oh awesome, Game X is on sale, I've been looking to get that for a while now, I'll buy that right away.....wait a moment...what's this? "You already own this game". Dear god....I have no recollection of ever buying this..."

that is the moment you realise how far you've come.
That never happened to me yet. Maybe one day, who knows?

Think I'm gonna fire up The Swapper now.

Is the Community down for anyone else?
Yup, can't access it.

Colin.

is there a way i can get gtaiv complete for 5 bucks

that's all i will pay

You should be able to get it for around 2.5 keys on outpost, which would be about $5 in real money. Always find this offer really underwhelming when compared to the old GTA complete pack you could get for £5.

Derrick01

Banned
Huh, GTA IV for PC, eh? Only played it on consoles. Might pick it up for mods.

Yo Derrick, what did you think of EFLC?

The GTA episodes? Well the lost and damned is just more GTA 4, pretty much nothing to do but story missions and hanging out with buddies. Ballad of Gay Tony is the longer expansion and packed with a bit more content but it's still mostly missions. Thankfully the missions are a bit crazier than 4 and Lost and Damned but nothing like the ps2 GTAs and some missions in GTA5. You can do parachute challenges too which are decent fun. I recommend playing Gay Tony at least.

i found lost and the damned's missions better than BOGT and the vanilla missions. that's not saying much, but i did enjoy the road rage/biker vibe. i would only consider rebuying it some CAG traders get if for $5 though cos the vanilla missions are awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom