• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Come at me Stump-brah.

acm7ml6u.jpg

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm totally blanking right now; during the annual sales, are games marked off higher than 75% for daily deals?

The real question is this--if you can wait until a scheduled sale to play a game (in some cases years or more since release), why can't you wait until the end of the scheduled sale to be sure that you're picking it up at the lowest discount possible? :p

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
As much as we joke about the collection side, I'm not convinced that playing football manager isn't worse than collecting all of them.

There is some crazy amount of shit in those games.

I hold no regrets at having well over a 1000 hours put into Football Managers, either the originals series or SEGA's current.

Just finished my 25 hour long Extra-Life gaming marathon and I gotta say, I'm pooped.

Congrats on surviving and once again, good on you for doing such a thing.

Finished Ghostbusters last night. It starts out pure ghostbustin' but starts to diverge into more typical shooting tropes later on, the proton pack nozzle alterations end up acting like your average shotgun and SMG, with some unorthodox alternate fire modes like a freeze ray and homing shots. The enemies you end up fighting a lot more start not requiring a trap to finish off either, so it does start feeling kind of average as a shooter. It does something that I figured more games would start doing after HL2 came out but never really did, it litters the place with destructible physics objects and best of all doesn't aggressively wipe away the debris and environmental scarring you cause which is just about my favourite thing that a shooter can do.

I initially played the game on the its equivalent of hard, but after about half-way in I had to notch it down. I quickly realized it was the kind of game where the difficulty wasn't so much an increase in challenge as it was an increase in annoyances like needing to constantly babysit your crew made entirely of Yamchas. Boss fights become an exercise of reviving teammates the majority of the time so that when you get hit with a one shot downing attack you may have some chance of recovering if one of them manages to pathfind their way to you and decide to pick you up after deliberating on it for a few moments. Normal mode still ends up suffering from this, but not as overbearingly to detract from the overall experience.

It was pretty enjoyable throughout, definitely worth the $5 I spent. Glad I picked it up.

Ugh GG Xrd really HAS to get a Steam release, even if I gotta wait til Late 2014 >_<
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qY8MMViu3k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moxMPQRAcew
Man, THIS GAME. Slayer's intro came through marvelously.

Ultra SF4 will only be a minor distraction until this comes out.

Just finished To The Moon, with this, Brothers and Swapper finished in 3 days I'm on a feels marathon.
Though I didn't quite get the ending :
there's a red flash (like when Johnny was dying) and then Neils uses some medicine or something, is this explained or do we have to wait for the sequel ?

like needing to constantly babysit your crew made entirely of Yamchas

Nobody disses Yamcha. Change that to Tenshinhan ASAP.

kidding lol, Bulma was right to choose the superior male Vegeta

Momentary

Banned
Hyper Light Drifter Combat Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu9w5P_7apA

1380297_864800090216236_873873049_n.jpg

This game... I'm glad I backed this bad boy. Don't worry folks. I'll have 2 free Steam keys to give away on the day of release. That soundtrack man... that sprite work man...

This is the Pre-Alpha so there are certain SFX and animations that are missing. Be weary of that.

I finished the first level in Aliens: Colonial Marines.

I'm proud of myself for making it that far.

I completed it. I AM A GOD.

dammit.

To be honest, I can see where this thing 'hit the dirt', but I still think it's a huge waste of Lance Henriksen (no idea how you spell that though) and Michael Beihn as voice actors (he sounds incredibly bored with his lines though, even if it just the character being cynical). Thank god there's Blood Dragon to even things out.

There is however one good thing that came from all this and that is the DS game Aliens: Infestation, which is everything you could want and not total shit (enemies respawn though :( ). It also possesses the exact features that the Reddit 'QA person' claimed as being part of ACM at some point or planned to anyway.

SEGA should really consider porting Infestation to digital platforms like Steam. Given some minor overhaul in terms of graphics and difficulty modes (adding a super easy mode, that is), I think there is a good chance the game would sell more and leave a far better impression on everyone than ACM does. Or AvP for that matter. I mean: it's basically a Contra-metroid love baby. Also, the word baby should probably be avoided in mentioning anywhere near Metroid at this point. Dammit, Justin Bieber.

Acccent

Hyper Light Drifter Combat Video

Kickstarter updates annoy me in general by how spammy they tend to be, but the updates on this are a special kind of aggravating: who the hell spoils the game's bosses by including images in the updates that you *have* to see as soon as you open the email?! Seriously. I wish KS let project creators have 2 mailing lists, one for casual updates and one dedicated to important news only, like when stuff is released.

destx

Is the Steam store the only place selling Injustice? $45 seems a bit steep, hoping it'll show up on GMG so I can get it at a better price.

God I hope it doesn't use the same fucked up steam-download-region-based matchmaking MK9 had, that was legitimately insane.

Momentary

Banned
If it not coming to the XBONE then it's definitely not coming to PC, especially after BBCT sales on pc.

Man that crap came out AFTER the sequal was released on consoles. What the hell did they expect. The Japanese devs/pubs don't think very much when it comes to PC. I bet if they release Chronophantasma and Xrd on Steam they would probably see a few extra dollars in their bank accounts.

Plus Xrd is an Unreal Engine game. There's like a 95% chance that this is coming to PC.

Turfster

Is the Steam store the only place selling Injustice? $45 seems a bit steep, hoping it'll show up on GMG so I can get it at a better price.

God I hope it doesn't use the same fucked up steam-download-region-based matchmaking MK9 had, that was legitimately insane.

Seems so. At least Isthereanydeal is only tracking Steam.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Nice job! Any plans to continue with any of those games?

There were only a few games I played that I probably won't be continuing. RAW - Realms of Ancient War was more terribad than people even say. Most surpsing was Darksiders II - I played the first one and really didn't care for it. While Darksiders II had a pretty lame storyline, the combat felt great and I got sucked in and can't wait to go back for more.

I finished Ittle Dew (it was short) so I won't be returning to that one. I'll definitely be returning to Darksiders II, Bioshock 2, Puzzle Quest 2, and Sacred Citadel.

Congrats on surviving and once again, good on you for doing such a thing.

Thanks everyone! I raised over $200 for my hospital and I believe Extra Life had over $3,000,000 in donations! Way to go.

Grief.exe

You should reformat before you sell it.

There are also ways to reformat your drive which make it more difficult for people to recover the data.

RS4-

You should reformat before you sell it.

There are also ways to reformat your drive which make it more difficult for people to recover the data.

Yeah going to zero it out; probably won't include the HDD anyway since it's old and probably on the verge of dying.

But I will definitely format after nuking the drive, and reinstalling windows again to show that everything else works.

Did the whole de-authorize all other computers thing via steam client.

oipic

Thanks everyone! I raised over $200 for my hospital and I believe Extra Life had over $3,000,000 in donations! Way to go.

Nice one, jshack - I left a browser tab open throughout your broadcast, and tuned in when I could, between all the other 'life stuff' that one has to get done in a typical 25 hour period... and it really rammed home just how much of a marathon it was.

I admire your stamina and commitment to a great cause - was well worth chipping in a few dollars for, and I wish you all the best with your recovery! :)

Be careful, some of the DLC for ME1 has Securom associated with the install.

Pinnacle Station isn't worth it, and Bring Down the Sky came with the disc release of ME1 (which is what I have). I'll have to deal with it, I guess.

The DLC I want is for ME2 and 3, but I'm not shelling out 10 a pop when I already bought them all on Xbox back in the day. Might just hook it up again and play through it that way, soon.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Man that family sharing popup is fucking annoying.

For those not in the beta: imagine I have access to your library. EVERY TIME you exit a game, I will get a popup reminding me I have access to your games again. You cannot toggle this option off. This is true even if you've never launched a game from that library, and even if the person is just bobbing between game and game. It's also true even if you're offline in Steam Community and even if I'm offline in Steam Community (ie still connected to Steam, just not looking to share any information with friends)

It's super annoying and serves no real purpose.

Nabs

Any word on if they will unlock CoD Ghosts at midnight eastern or midday Tuesday?

It's usually 3am EST (or a little sooner if you buy retail), but the Activision CS twitter account says 3pm pst. I'm thinking that's a mistake, but we'll see.

For those not in the beta: imagine I have access to your library. EVERY TIME you exit a game, I will get a popup reminding me I have access to your games again. You cannot toggle this option off. This is true even if you've never launched a game from that library, and even if the person is just bobbing between game and game. It's also true even if you're offline in Steam Community and even if I'm offline in Steam Community (ie still connected to Steam, just not looking to share any information with friends)

Hooray!

XShagrath

Is this just the little popup in the bottom right like when someone logs on or when you get an achievement? If so, I don't see it as a big deal. If it's some big box you have to click, then yeah, that's dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom