• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished Costume Quest.

Not challenging in the least but it was incredibly charming.

It's been awhile since I've played a turn based rpg. I might have to play more games in this style soon.

I have Last Remnant, what's the steamgaf consensus on that?

I finished Costume Quest the other day as well and honestly, found it horrendously bland and boring. It didn't manage to really catch my interest at any point but thankfully was pretty short, so I managed to wrap it up.

Now Stacking? That's a game I enjoyed.

vazel

Banned
How was this person able to IM me? I make sure to keep my friend's list clean because of a previous DDOS harassment problem I had. I'm in the Steam Trading Cards Group, is that how he was able to IM me? I thought a prompt would show up when someone from a Steam Group wanted to IM me.

0JVkJkZ.png

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
How was this person able to IM me? I make sure to keep my friend's list clean because of a previous DDOS harassment problem I had. I'm in the Steam Trading Cards Group, is that how he was able to IM me? I thought a prompt would show up when someone from a Steam Group wanted to IM me.

0JVkJkZ.png

I just want you to accept my request. Don't be a beech.

Turfster

What are your privacy settings set at?
Did they maybe get reset somehow?
Otherwise yeah, it's probably the Steam Group.

If you were playing CS:GO I think that's one way that could've happened, I believe you can send messages through profiles you check in-game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That's a new one for me, thanks, adding to OP.

It's a pretty new site but it's kind of cool. Will probably be adding links to the store pages to Enhanced Steam once they get a few more of the bugs fleshed out.

Are we ever going to like define rules on spoilers in this thread?

I know it's the PC gaming hub. But if I search this thread for a small game the results are littered with unmarked spoilers due to the way GAF handles BBcode. I feel like this thread is ideal for general impressions but discussing spoilers, especially end game spoilers probably should go in a dedicated thread or spoiler thread not here. Many small game threads are deserted because people are too busy discussing it in here.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Giving back to this great community with a "No Longer on Steam" Modbot 24-hour givers-only raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

2cabc2b44f3bcf080239e7fb4076c76d3e08192b.jpg
756e9cbe4e6ca68e757aa7116c0ea0b3f3da550b.jpg
b6698397feda246a510629229b73de78ba60a6fb.jpg

Star Trek D-A-C -- MB-62F3FD988FA73E72 - Taken by Dambrosi. 46 entrants total.
Cryostasis -- MB-7C1204340B00934B - Taken by destx. 30 entrants total.
Transcripted -- MB-8D057B64252D626A - Taken by angular graphics. 26 entrants total.

t1383623526z1.png

Kuroyume

Banned
Hmm, won't do it. Only one I don't have is Star Trek but I won't ever play it because I hate Star Trek. Cool giveaway though

jshackles

Speaking of Star Trek, how bad was it?

The new (still available) Star Trek game was actually really good. I'm a huge fan of the show/series and also really liked the new movies. That being said, I got to the first "ship battle" sequence and died about 15 times before giving up and calling it quits.

I may find a tutorial or something online to get through that part, the rest of the game was pretty good.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I didn't even know the rabbit hole went that deep, man. :eek:

It was accidentally discounted by 50% when last year's Autumn Sale began, but I no idea the fee was a "game" until several weeks ago; I just assumed it was something you paid as part of the Greenlight listing process. Oddly enough, the only territory in which it's cheaper is Brazil -- ~USD$75 versus USD$100+ everywhere else, including Eastern Europe.

Edit: Valve sorely needs to fix the issue resulting in non-discounted titles showing up in the specials list: of the 196 items currently flagged as discounted, only around 70 of them are actually reduced.

Turfster

The new (still available) Star Trek game was actually really good. I'm a huge fan of the show/series and also really liked the new movies. That being said, I got to the first "ship battle" sequence and died about 15 times before giving up and calling it quits.

Oh. Right. D-A-C is that multiplayer one.
Interesting that you liked the new one. Might pick it up the next time I see a cheapie copy in a retail bargain bin.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I wish TellTale, Frogwares, Centauri, or some other Adventure game maker would get a chance at Star Trek. Main universe or Star Trek 11/12 universe.

A co-op door opening game didn't do it for me combat wise, and it was always the universe, cultures, politics, etc that made me enjoy the stories with the action jut enhancing that rather than the other way around.

Of course I also preferred the idea of Star Trek ships being like submarines, one blast could cause major damage out in space, rather than the "pew pew" hundreds of lasers of the recent movies and Star Wars style.

Giving back to this great community with a "No Longer on Steam" Modbot 24-hour givers-only raffle.

Transcripted was always one I felt was a shame they removed, so thanks for the giveaway.

JaseC

Nope.
Frankly, I think chances aren't very big. They've got GTA V coming, after all.

GTAIV has flown up the Top Sellers list and is currently sitting at #2. I wouldn't be surprised if R* is using today's Daily to gauge whether or not removing GFWL is a worthwhile endeavour (the answer, it seems, is "yes").

Turfster

GTAIV has flown up the Top Sellers list and is currently sitting at #2. I wouldn't be surprised if R* is using today's Daily to gauge whether or not removing GFWL is a worthwhile endeavour (the answer, it seems, is "yes").

Oh, it's definitely worthwhile, but a lot of the multi is hooked into GFWL, so they'd have to either move to their new system, or write up something new/kill the multi. Either way, it's a lot of work.

JaseC

Oh, it's definitely worthwhile, but a lot of the multi is hooked into GFWL, so they'd have to either move to their new system, or write up something new/kill the multi. Either way, it's a lot of work.

Certainly, but if people are still buying the game en masse, then it wouldn't be financially prudent to just let it die alongside GFWL. 3-6 months of work to guarantee many more years of sales seems like a fair trade.

jshackles

Edit: Valve sorely needs to fix the issue resulting in non-discounted titles showing up in the specials list: of the 196 items currently flagged as discounted, only around 70 of them are actually reduced.

*wink* *nudge* *cough* Enhanced Steam *cough*

EDIT: Chrome only for now but I may have a newer Firefox version ready this week.

Turfster

Certainly, but if people are still buying the game en masse, then it wouldn't be financially prudent to just let it die alongside GFWL. 3-6 months of work to guarantee many more years of sales seems like a fair trade.

By that time they should have the new hotness out (seriously Rockstar, by then you really should.) If they assume nobody would want to go back to the older game, that's a lot of man hours saved (they'd rather have them working on Online, I think)

JaseC

By that time they should have the new hotness out (seriously Rockstar, by then you really should.) If they assume nobody would want to go back to the older game, that's a lot of man hours saved (they'd rather have them working on Online, I think)

This is the PC we're talking about; there'll always be an active community for something popular even if a new instalment comes along. ;)

Turfster

This is the PC we're talking about; there'll always be an active community for something popular even if a new instalment comes along. ;)

Maybe they're hoping for Durante to have time to fix it after he's done the Japanese games ;)
Anyway, we could speculate for ages, we'll just have to see (and hope).

JaseC

Maybe they're hoping for Durante to have time to fix it after he's done the Japanese games ;)
Anyway, we could speculate for ages, we'll just have to see (and hope).

Speaking of, Capcom never got back to me about it reportedly stamping out GFWL. :( Someone else should try.

Joe Molotov

Yeah, seriously. It makes specials page completely unusable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom