• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Don't tempt me, please! pretty please?
It might be quite expensive getting to lvl 30, not to mention money could be spent on games instead

You get reward of blue coins, purchasing games from gamersgate.

Some gamersgate version of arcade tickets for prizes.

A GamersGate currency. In addition to buying them, 5% of your order total is returned to you in coins, though in special cases the percentage can be higher.
TY, I'll look into this, looks like a good dealie

I'd recommend checking out Frogatto and Friends on the indiegamestand (pay what you want and vote on greenlight http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=181850301&searchtext=frogatto). 2D platforming SNES style.

capture0es99.png

Jawmuncher

Don't tempt me, please! pretty please?
It might be quite expensive getting to lvl 30, not to mention money could be spent on games instead

Yeah it can cost quite a lot.
I think I have spent like 90 bucks on cards.......yeah

SJRB

Gold Member
Wow I still can't login to Steam, it's been 24 hours now.

This is ridiculous!

edit: did a password reset and now it works. Not sure what happened, but there you go.

kafiend

Seagoon

Not much, but hopefully someone can get some enjoyment out of it!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Greed Corp -- MB-272EB8B2CAED935E - Taken by wetflame. 1 entrants total.

t1383570022z1.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
if story and menus are your main complaints on games then i'd argue that you should be watching a different type of media (seriously, how much menu usage is in the game? there's not that much to do in the menus to begin with besides browsing stats and shit?)
I agree. If you want to keep playing games, you should lower your standards to the bare minimum. Story? UI? Pfft, go watch a DVD if you want a good menu! If I could have it my way, every option would only be accessible via console commands or launch parameters. And no subtitles, of course; what is this, a fucking book?

How entitled do you have to be to want a better game? Can't you, like, just change your hobby because I say so?

Seagoon

Sorry to double post, but here is another spare key I found in my stash

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-D4ED8E9CE66F4A49 - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 2 entrants total.

t1383570472z1.png

I agree. If you want to keep playing games, you should lower your standards to the bare minimum. Story? UI? Pfft, go watch a DVD if you want a good menu! If I could have it my way, every option would only be accessible via console commands or launch parameters. And no subtitles, of course; what is this, a fucking book?

How entitled do you have to be to want a better game? Can't you, like, just change your hobby because I say so?

Dear RionaaM,

In future please try not to post things that might lead to my mid-morning coffee attempting to force its way down my nose. It is not a comfortable sensation.

Kindest regards,
EF

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wonder how long until Valve announces it's selected the Steam Machine beta candidates. The participation legibility "quest" ended a little over a week ago now so I assume there'll be news within the next 2-3 weeks.

Arthea

Anybody played Lilly Looking Through already? Is it fun?

I wonder how long until Valve announces it's selected the Steam Machine beta candidates. The participation legibility "quest" ended a little over a week ago now so I assume there'll be news within the next 2-3 weeks.

Why so fast? (><)

You expect to be selected?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Dear RionaaM,

In future please try not to post things that might lead to my mid-morning coffee attempting to force its way down my nose. It is not a comfortable sensation.

Kindest regards,
EF
Drinking coffee? Who do you think you are, Alan Wake? "Oh, a coffee thermo laying in the middle of a forest, Imma go pick it up!" Dude, here we drink mate. Mate, you hear?

JaseC

Why so fast? (><)

You expect to be selected?

Well, I have no idea, since Valve's said nothing about the selection criteria other than that "30 or so" machines out of the 300 will be earmarked for particularly helpful community members. I have as good a chance as anybody else who falls outside the aforementioned umbrella, I suppose.

Edit: But I do think 3-4 weeks is sufficient time to select the pool, particularly since Valve expects to ship the machines to testers before the end of the year.

Milamber

I'd like to think that they don't announce it and just send you an email with a strongly worded NDA clause you have to sign and asking for your delivery address.

Arthea

Well, I have no idea, since Valve's said nothing about the selection criteria other than that "30 or so" machines out of the 300 will be earmarked for particularly helpful community members. I have as good a chance as anybody else who falls outside the aforementioned umbrella, I suppose.

They probably will be given to moding crowd, no?
You kinda deserve it too, yes :)

JaseC

I'd like to think that they don't announce it and just send you an email with a strongly worded NDA clause you have to sign and asking for your delivery address.

I think Valve will make a general announcement that testers have been selected and those folks be free to tell people as much, but, yeah, beyond that I assume there'll be some sort of NDA involved.

Edit: It was discovered that the Hardware Beta badge actually has three levels; the logical conclusion is that it's for testers.

hwbeta01_80.png
hwbeta02_80.png
hwbeta03_80.png

They probably will be given to moding crowd, no?
You kinda deserve it too, yes :)

I'd imagine input into discussions, both on game hubs and over at SPUF, will be taken into account, too.

I would hope the criteria for the beta isn't just to own everything.

I play games, too! Sometimes!

Milamber

I think Valve will make a general announcement that testers have been selected and those folks be free to tell people as much, but, yeah, beyond that I assume there'll be some sort of NDA involved.

Yep, no announcements, just users suddenly posting their new steam machine they received from Valve, is how I envision it goes down.

Drinking coffee? Who do you think you are, Alan Wake? "Oh, a coffee thermo laying in the middle of a forest, Imma go pick it up!" Dude, here we drink mate. Mate, you hear?

Sir, I am duly chastened. I was forgetting about the Official Beverage of the 2013 Steam Thread(s). Though to be fair, it was a damn fine cup of coffee, especially with that slice of cherry pie.

Addnan

They send me the Titan version of the Steambox, Gabe marks its value at $2000. I get hit with I don't know like £400 customs fees. Still worth it.

ekim

What criteria would you use?
I think it's either lottery, or selecting those making games better and contributing to community or those contributing to Valve's well-being.

I'm at 23. We sure suffer the same fate (><)

I currently let all games with trading cards running idle at work to obtain the booster pack eligibility for those. :eek:

ekim

They send me the Titan version of the Steambox, Gabe marks its value at $2000. I get hit with I don't know like £400 customs fees. Still worth it.

Does this actually happen? Are you one of those 30 special persons ?

edit: ah ok. :p

PriitV

Valve has a subsidiary in the luxembourg, which is a part of the EU and there are no custom fees within the EU :)

Addnan

Valve has a subsidiary in the luxembourg, which is a part of the EU and there are no custom fees within the EU :)
Ooh, didn't know they had a European base. I don't want to get excited, but ripping a Titan out of that and sticking it in my PC is something I would do. Something like 1/2000 chance right. Fingers crossed.

Ooh, didn't know they had a European base. I don't want to get excited, but ripping a Titan out of that and sticking it in my PC is something I would do. Something like 1/2000 chance right. Fingers crossed.
Maybe there's a line in the agreement you signed forbids you to do that.

Anteater

I'll take a steambox for christmas, thanks gabe.

To make sure it has 100% compatibility with all games, I think it would be wise to give me full access to the entire steam catalogue.

I imagine the beta selection process will look something like this:

steamboxbetacplkl.png

At the end you get your steambox.

Great. Now I have an image in my head of Valve being staffed by oompa-loompas, who spend all day singing songs about the most obnoxious users on their community forums. No wonder we're still waiting for HL3.

JaseC

Maybe there's a line in the agreement you signed forbids you to do that.

I'm guessing beta testers will be able to keep their machines and will be free to do whatever they wish with them once the beta period is over.

Edit: It'd be amazing if testers were given the Steam Master sub. The first game I'd play is Wheelman. ;)

I'm guessing beta testers will be able to keep their machines and will be free to do whatever they wish with them once the beta period is over.

Edit: It'd be amazing if testers were given the Steam Master sub. The first game I'd play is Wheelman. ;)
Hmm, lucky bastards.

Milamber

It was confirmed its just a Steam machine and 1 Steam controller right?

EDIT: Would be nice if they included a monitor too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom