• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHK3

Banned
It was accidentally discounted by 50% when last year's Autumn Sale began, but I no idea the fee was a "game" until several weeks ago; I just assumed it was something you paid as part of the Greenlight listing process. Oddly enough, the only territory in which it's cheaper is Brazil -- ~USD$75 versus USD$100+ everywhere else, including Eastern Europe.

Edit: Valve sorely needs to fix the issue resulting in non-discounted titles showing up in the specials list: of the 196 items currently flagged as discounted, only around 70 of them are actually reduced.

Just installed this enhanced steam thing, it's only showing 3 games are reduced, how do I fix this?

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Giving back to this great community with a "No Longer on Steam" Modbot 24-hour givers-only raffle.

Holy shit. Cryostasis is one of those games that made me extremely jealous of PC gamers back when I was still all about the 360. What an awesome giveaway.

Milamber

I am now, roughly 8 hours into Deadly Premonition and still am in chapter 2 part 1. The constant crashes has me doing side quests over again and running to the nearest phone booth to save the game before the next crash.

But yet I can't stop playing it.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I am now, roughly 8 hours into Deadly Premonition and still am in chapter 2 part 1. The constant crashes has me doing side quests over again and running to the nearest phone booth to save the game before the next crash.

You try setting the game to Windows 98 compatibility mode? It fixes a lot of crashes.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

A game where bugs and glitches build toward a greater experience. Unless the car flips upside down and you can't get out.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just installed this enhanced steam thing, it's only showing 3 games are reduced, how do I fix this?

Is the specials list correctly populated when ES is disabled?

Edit: Huh, the FM 2012 Turkish app isn't actually included in any subs while the 2013 flavour is just tied to a couple of "early access" and Sega compilation subs. At least the same isn't true of the Korean apps and FM 2013 Asia.

Something interesting happened to me, thought I'd share. Maybe this is well known, but I've never heard of it, and about 10 searches on here and Google turned up nothing except the link below.

Thought I'd finally get around to finishing Skyrim's main quest (bought game at launch). So, I do that. Whoopie! Look at my quest log to see what else there is to do. I see a quest for Dawnguard, which I don't own. I have the standard edition of Skyrim, and none of the DLC, so I'm confused. Then I wonder if it's a Dragon Age-esque DLC tease; some pop-up will solicit the DLC to me. I want to find out so I hike towards the quest marker.

I reach a mountain pass with a gate. An invisible wall and message bar my passage, "You may not go this way," or something like that. I think, okay, Bethesda are just being obnoxious, taunting me with their Dawnguard DLC in-game advertising.

I head back, deciding to wander aimlessly for a while. A short way down the path I see a cave and enter. Turns out it's not a cave, and instead it's a path leading to the fortress Dawnguard. I'm like, oh, okay, they'll give me a pop-up soliciting the DLC when I talk to someone there. But that didn't happen.

I'm now several quests into Dawnguard, and I've never purchased it and do not own the Legendary edition (I pre-ordered Skyrim). I did about 10 searches on Bing, Google and NeoGAF trying to find mention of this, and all I found is this forum discussion on the Elder Scrolls wikia: here

tl;dr
I have the standard Skyrim (bought at release), none of the DLC and yet I can play Dawnguard. The Steam store doesn't say I own it and its not listed in the downloadable content menu. However, It is listed in the Skyrim launcher's Data Files pop up.

Just thought I'd share that, was interesting. Note: only mod I have installed is a better quest description one from Steam workshop. I haven't gotten around to reinstalling mods yet.

I have played about 2 hours and haven't noticed any crashes yet, just the scrolling bug that DPFix fixed. The performance is kinda shoddy at points and it might not be the best port ever (or the worst for that matter, the keyboard controls work very well!) but it is the first game after ummm... Dark Souls that I am thinking about at work anxiously waiting for the next time I have time to play it!

The-Bean

tl;dr I have the standard Skyrim (bought at release), none of the DLC and yet I can play Dawnguard. The Steam store doesn't say I own it and its not listed in the downloadable content menu. However, It is listed in the Skyrim launcher's Data Files pop up.

Just thought I'd share that, was interesting. Note: only mod I have installed is a better quest description one from Steam workshop. I haven't gotten around to reinstalling mods yet.

IIRC they accidentally released it free a while back. Because of the way DLC in Skyrim works if you had finished the download before they fixed it then you could keep it.

JaseC

IIRC they accidentally released it free a while back. Because of the way DLC in Skyrim works if you had finished the download before they fixed it then you could keep it.

Yeah, it was accidentally included in a patch. Oops!

JaseC

There's a thing on Steam Gifts Dot Come and the contributor amount is $3k.

What game is it? I just entered a bunch of giveaways (it's annoying that the filter doesn't apply to DLC and packs) and the highest contributor requirement I saw was $1,111 for Valdis Story.

Reckoner

Here's another one

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

RIP -- MB-054D2F14E5A97433 - Taken by Exuro

What game is it? I just entered a bunch of giveaways (it's annoying that the filter doesn't apply to DLC and packs) and the highest contributor requirement I saw was $1,111 for Valdis Story.

I honestly forget. I turned on 'filter for money I don't have' last night and never looked back.

I mean, the game's not really the point.

finished up the story in Arkham City recently for the the first time. I was quite disappointed with the game as a whole after loving Arkham Asylum so much. I've beat AA twice now (including all riddles both times), including my post-GFWL playthrough last month. I was really hyped going into AC, but it fell so flat for me. The environments felt less memorable, The side mission completely through off the pacing, especially since it seems you can't complete them all until after you beat story missions. The combat had more options, but it felt more overwhelming for me. I can see how a lot of people would prefer that, but I didn't. The Catwoman sections felt out of place. The riddles didn't seem as clever and it just seemed like there were more of them rather than better ones. The ending left a sour taste in my mouth.
Killing off multiple characters really didn't satisfy me in any way.
About the only thing I thought that was actually improved was the variety in the boss battles. I particularly liked the Ra's al ghul part.

Now that I have finished the story, I have almost zero motivation to try to complete the rest of the content.
Overall I came away feeling like the game lacked the overall charm of the first and while I can appreciate the overall ambitiousness and goal of trying to make a bigger better sequel. The lack of focus left me wanting something else. It was a good game that I enjoyed, just not as much as I wish I would have.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

I'm not hungry. Thanks, though.

And cultured Americans. :p

Nah brah. When we want to pound on some strange we rock that Axe.

You mean the one with the penis?

Stallion Free
Cock Encumbered

2EZ.

How the hell did you get that tag anyway?

Tag fishing thread. It was just randomly given to him and therefore isn't legitimate.

I mean, it's not like I think it matters, you know. It's like, totally meaningless and stuff and only losers worry about it right I mean who cares.

Reckoner

Perhaps there are benefits of staying up later than normal. Thanks!

And I just woke up. Enjoy the game!

finished up the story in Arkham City recently for the the first time. I was quite disappointed with the game as a whole after loving Arkham Asylum so much. I've beat AA twice now (including all riddles both times), including my post-GFWL playthrough last month. I was really hyped going into AC, but it fell so flat for me. The environments felt less memorable, The side mission completely through off the pacing, especially since it seems you can't complete them all until after you beat story missions. The combat had more options, but it felt more overwhelming for me. I can see how a lot of people would prefer that, but I didn't. The Catwoman sections felt out of place. The riddles didn't seem as clever and it just seemed like there were more of them rather than better ones. The ending left a sour taste in my mouth.
Killing off multiple characters really didn't satisfy me in any way.
About the only thing I thought that was actually improved was the variety in the boss battles. I particularly liked the Ra's al ghul part.

Now that I have finished the story, I have almost zero motivation to try to complete the rest of the content.
Overall I came away feeling like the game lacked the overall charm of the first and while I can appreciate the overall ambitiousness and goal of trying to make a bigger better sequel. The lack of focus left me wanting something else. It was a good game that I enjoyed, just not as much as I wish I would have.

That was also the impression I was left with when I first completed the game. I think I'll replay it on PC before going to Arkham Origins, though.

JaseC

Nah brah. When we want to pound on some strange we rock that Axe.

baaG1iP.jpg

Anomaly 2 - $3.75
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-ANOMALY2/anomaly-2

Looks like the list price got dropped to half there early

For those interested, there's only 20 minutes left on the deal, so don't dawdle! The game is also GG's current Daily, so I think what happened is that when somebody put up the game as a Flash Sale, the Daily discounted price was used as the base price, which itself was reduced by half: $15 -> $7.50 (Daily Deal) -> $3.75 (Flash Sale). Edit: Err, apparently Beatbuddy is the Daily. You Silly Sally, Firefox.

JaseC

I've thus far amassed $9.09 in Blue Coins. I intend to purchase a new release with them one day, but that's still a good few years away, I suspect.

Hasney

Can't stop unboxing spooky crates. I love halloween costumes far too much....

Help me. I could spend this money on games that I may or may not play at some point.

ekim

Why do I not get any booster packs? :(
I'm eligible to receive them for a bunch of games but still haven't got any.

JaseC

You are not alone, I think people stopped crafting badges, there is no other explanation.

I honestly believe that requirement is just a little white lie designed to encourage badge crafting.

Edit: I just reminded myself that I received a Joe Danger booster about a week or so ago. I'm not sure on the exact date as the inventory history page doesn't include items Valve gave you.

Arthea

I honestly believe that requirement is just a little white lie designed to encourage badge crafting.

Edit: I just reminded myself that I received a Joe Danger booster about a week or so ago. I'm not sure on the exact date as the inventory history page doesn't include items Valve gave you.

Well, I won't lie, that thought crossed my mind, but then was this hilarious accident. I crafted Bastion badge (was tired of waiting for a booster pack) and next day after... I got the booster pack for Bastion. So it might be true (><)

Don't leave it too long. Blue coins expire after 12 months (earned ones, that is. Bought coins are fine)

Oh... That probably explains why I thought I had more coins than I actually have.
Thanks

JaseC

Don't leave it too long. Blue coins expire after 12 months (earned ones, that is. Bought coins are fine)

Oh, I had no idea. Thanks for the heads-up.

Edit: Crunching the numbers, the expiry date seems to be ~14 months, which I assume includes GG's notice period of "a few weeks"; some coins I earned last August are still valid.

Jawmuncher

Why do I not get any booster packs? :(
I'm eligible to receive them for a bunch of games but still haven't got any.

Apparently the higher level you are the more likely you are to receive drops.
Hit 30 and I have seen more boosters than when I was inbetween 10-20

Arthea

Apparently the higher level you are the more likely you are to receive drops.
Hit 30 and I have seen more boosters than when I was inbetween 10-20

Don't tempt me, please! pretty please?
It might be quite expensive getting to lvl 30, not to mention money could be spent on games instead

WTF are blue coins?

You get reward of blue coins, purchasing games from gamersgate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom