• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Whether that 'leak' is real or not one thing is certain:
We know the sales are coming and we're clamming up about buying any daily deals that aren't 75% or less.

sibarraz

Banned
Stupid article title is stupid.
In the content there is no mention of XBLA/PSN (don't know about the actual interview, as I can't watch it right now) but more of "Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD versions like JSR", so XBLA/PSN AND PC.

But yeah, Shenmue and SoA on Steam would be my lifetime wet dream, so no, ain't gonna happen.

It got my attention than in typing of the dead, 2 of the words that you had to type are shenmue and skies of arcade, I don't know if is a premonition or they are joking with the fact that both games were rumored at some point

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So Saoirse Ronan may or may not be real. A Saoirse's Cat if you will.

Please, she's a dog person! Just as she should be. :p

(I know what you meant. ;))

It got my attention than in typing of the dead, 2 of the words that you had to type are shenmue and skies of arcade, I don't know if is a premonition or they are joking with the fact that both games were rumored at some point

It's happening!

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Typing of the Dead 2 or Typing of the Dead Overkill?

They're different games.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Speaking of games no longer on Steam, have you heard back from Support since providing photos of your copy of Top Gun?

Nothing yet but I'll keep you posted.

Tizoc

Oh man could you please post snapshots of that if you replay that part of the game?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Nothing yet but I'll keep you posted.

What happened there, anyway? Was your ticket closed after the initial response only to be reopened by somebody else who checked it and thought, "Wait a minute, copies of Top Gun should activate on Steam"?

Finally got around to beating Knife of Dunwall and decided to pick up Brigmore Witches. I enjoyed The Knife of Dunwall quite a bit but I don't know if that's due to overall satisfaction with the DLC or just the fact that I'm playing Dishonored again and I forgot how much I loved this damn game.

The first two areas in the KoD campaign were new and rather sizable, felt like proper missions that could've taken place in the main game. The final mission was a bit of a re-hash, takes place in the flooded district, but it was
nice to actually participate in the fight between the overseers and assassin's rather than simply seeing its aftermath like you do as Corvo
in the main campaign. Felt a little on the short side but I also ran through it high chaos and it will mostly certainly take more time if your goal is to be unseen and play non-lethal. Felt right to simply gank everyone when I was playing as Daud. I probably replay both after I complete The Brigmore Witches.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What happened there, anyway? Was your ticket closed after the initial response only to be reopened by somebody else who checked it and thought, "Wait a minute, copies of Top Gun should activate on Steam"?

basically it was:

ME: I bought this game that said it activated on Steam but there was no CD-KEY in the case. I'm writing to see if, upon presenting proof of purchase, I can have this game added to my library.

SUPPORT1: Retail copies of games can't be activated on Steam.

ME: I understand that's usually the policy, but most retail games don't say that Steam is a requirement and then not work with Steam. I feel like I was misled in my purchase by the packaging.

SUPPORT2: Please provide high resolution scans of the CD-KEY.

And that's it so far. If SUPPORT2 would have read up a little bit he would see that I already said there was no CD-KEY. But like most support responses, they were both canned.

Echoplx

Has this been posted?

http://seattletimes.com/html/businesstechnology/2022180559_briercolumn04xml.html

Not sure if there's any actual new info but there's a pic of a prototype steam machine

2022180564.jpg

2022180569.jpg

2022180574.jpg

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Guys, I am getting a "you must be logged in to steam to play Batman Arkham Asylum" popup when trying to run Arkham Asylum, anyone knows what it's about?

The first time you launch any game on Steam with Steam CEG (Steam's DRM component) it requires that you're signed into Steam and online. So that's the source of the error message. Could be difficulties contacting the authentication servers. Could be something else, hard to say. I would try exiting Steam and re-running it; going into offline mode and then coming out of offline mode, try rebooting computer, etc. This should just be a one-time check, so once you've passed that you can play offline to your heart's content. Sometimes I get issues where I try to access community stuff in the client and it claims I'm not logged in.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Plz staph with the VCRs

If you want smaller hardware, you have to do custom shit. If you do custom shit and don't properly test it (aka, dump a bunch of money in R&D) you get a Xbox 360 scenario where shit just breaks.

So a VCR-Sized console is the only both cheap and reliable option.

Copons

If you want smaller hardware, you have to do custom shit. If you do custom shit and don't properly test it (aka, dump a bunch of money in R&D) you get a Xbox 360 scenario where shit just breaks.

So a VCR-Sized console is the only both cheap and reliable option.

Size is perfectly fine for me, it's just that I believe in a more futuristic future than early 90s VHS players. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom