• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh, great, I'd forgotten that as a result of the US moving away from Daylight Savings, the store now doesn't update until it's 2am here.

neoism

At least they look more comfortable than this:

282850-mad-catz-cyborg-m-m-o-7-angle.jpg

lol DAMN that looks like a transformer :p... I like my Log G300 but its been fucked up for months because I spilled pop on it. :( The only game I use it with is D3 though.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
At least they look more comfortable than this:

282850-mad-catz-cyborg-m-m-o-7-angle.jpg

This mouse really looks like a terrible abomination, but once you figure it out that it's supposed to be an adjustable mouse, where you can move the buttons around to a position that will make it comfortable for you to use, it sounds like a good idea.

It just looks terrible and, from what I hear, it's not the most precise mouse and the hardware is not actually that good.

I can't use any mouse other than a G series from Logitech since the MX518. I went through 2 MX518, a G5 and I just recently bought a G500S. I think I've been using these mice for more than 10 years now.

Dr Dogg

lol DAMN that looks like a transformer :p... I like my Log G300 but its been fucked up for months because I spilled pop on it. :( The only game I use it with is D3 though.

I know it's been said time and time again but get on to Logitech's customer support. They are by far and away the best I have ever dealt with in anything! I've had 2 MX518's replaced that I had battered to the end's of the earth and no questions asked, not even a receipt or proof of purchase.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Each part has it's own separate ventilation air-flow, but I'm still not sure, will have to wait and see.

I mean, theoretically it's possible they can put it in that form factor if they have proper ventilation and all that. But I was expecting something X-box 180-sized since that was the first attempt at putting PC parts in a "console package" unless that market has shrunk sizes for the parts lately?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
When you guys see someone short on the sidewalk do you yell at them, "holy shit you are a midget!"

Or ask if the need a stool to stand on to see the top of their desk?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I know it's been said time and time again but get on to Logitech's customer support. They are by far and away the best I have ever dealt with in anything! I've had 2 MX518's replaced that I had battered to the end's of the earth and no questions asked, not even a receipt or proof of purchase.

That only works if you're in the US. I'm from Brazil and they never RMAd mice for me: Logitech Brasil says "hey you didn't buy it here, fuck you", and Logitech US says that they won't RMA things bought not on regular stores.

They did RMA the Logitech G930 I bought from ebay that gave out after a year. I'm so glad they did, because that headset is amazing.

Reckoner

From The Verge's article on the Steam Machine:

2013-10-23_17-17-27.jpg

I'd try an ApSci cake.

Just as well Steam is only mentioned twice; if it were mentioned three times, you might have ruined your chances. :p

I saw these guys at Outside Xbox trying to make the cake some time ago. It is available at Amazon, IIRC

MRORANGE

I mean, theoretically it's possible they can put it in that form factor if they have proper ventilation and all that. But I was expecting something X-box 180-sized since that was the first attempt at putting PC parts in a "console package" unless that market has shrunk sizes for the parts lately?

Yeah it's feasible, there is a market for Mini-ITX gaming and there are parts that are shrunken to fit these boxes. The Alienware X51 is the most likely candidate for comparison and it seems to keep all internals at acceptable temperatures.

JaseC

DST is great when it makes my life easier. ;) The state government here actually imposed a DST trial several years ago, even though the matter had recently been defeated at a referendum (for the second time), and it was awful.

So JaseC...do you sleep? Seems like you live on the internet.

I'm only allowed to sleep when I've seen what the new Daily is.

MRORANGE

Im from Brazil. The Valve Store doesn't even deliver to Brazil.

If I win, which I doubt because I'll be barred on address alone, I wonder how the hell they're going to send me one.

I think they will keep their end of the promise if a winner is chosen even if they can't get Valve store items.

Dr Dogg

That only works if you're in the US. I'm from Brazil and they never RMAd mice for me: Logitech Brasil says "hey you didn't buy it here, fuck you", and Logitech US says that they won't RMA things bought not on regular stores.

They did RMA the Logitech G930 I bought from ebay that gave out after a year. I'm so glad they did, because that headset is amazing.

Well that sucks. I'm in the UK (to be fair I'm 70 miles from their returns and service depot) but have never had any problems. With most companies moving to worldwide warranty's I'm quite surprised, seeing the company. It's not like people don't communicate with others from different countries these day's.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Well that sucks. I'm in the UK (to be fair I'm 70 miles from their returns and service depot) but have never had any problems. With most companies moving to worldwide warranty's I'm quite surprised, seeing the company. It's not like people don't communicate with others from different countries these day's.

Maybe they changed: They did replace my ebay bought G930. I never told them I bought it on ebay: I said I bought on a trip to the US.

Maybe they changed and maybe I should try to replace this Mice once it breaks.

EVGA recently changed their policy as well: They would simply NOT give warranty to ebay items. I got a GTX560 that broke and they straight up asked me to provide a proof of purchase or recipe. And if I told them I bought it from eBay, they would say that third party sellers are not valid for warranty, as they're considered second hand merchandise, and the excuse was the warranty was calculated from the moment the item was purchased, and without that information, they couldn't certify that I was under warranty.

Now, they either use the sale date or, if you don't have anything to provide as proof or purchase, they use the day the videocard left the factory to find out how much warranty you have left.

The only two companies that I NEVER had any issues with RMA issues were Seagate, because they have local representation and they handle all warranty claims, no matter where the piece actually came from, and Corsair, which all I have to do is mail the RAM to the US and they will mail me a new set, o matter what. They even replaced 4x2 sticks of ram for 2x4 for me. They also have to pay THEIR ASSES in import taxes even though it's warranty. That could be avoided if they had any representation in this country, but I bet that there's so few RMA requests from Brazil that it's cheaper for them to just pay the 80 USD import taxes that they paid for my RAM the two times I needed to use them.

JaseC

Too many fighting games coming to steam lately, not enough games that I actually care about. Where's my Dragon's Dogma port?

It'll come! Mind you, I also believe RDR will show up one day, so it's probably best to ignore my optimism. :p

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Warning to anyone interested in Ghosts on PC, apparently it's locked at a FOV of 65 and there is no way to change it. :\

Yeah, that's an Infinity Ward PC port. There's a reason why Treyarch is the COD king.

There will probably be a separate, unofficial .exe released that'll modify the FOV. I'd be surprised if the current MW3 FOV modifier doesn't already work on it.

Grief.exe

If Rockstar/2K ever green lights a next-gen version of RDR, then we will get our coveted PC version.

Meanwhile, I'm picking up a PS3 soon to experience the game.

JaseC

If Rockstar/2K ever green lights a nezt-gen version of RDR, then we will get our coveted PC version.

Meanwhile, I'm picking up a PS3 soon to experience the game.

With less foliage and a framerate of 20-something fps!

kulapik

Well, karma is over me, I talk about mouses and mine fucks up :( Was about time, it's a freaking tiny one and I really needed one. The problem is no gaming until I get it :(

Derrick01

Banned
It'll come! Mind you, I also believe RDR will show up one day, so it's probably best to ignore my optimism. :p

Well at least they gave a somewhat believable reason why it would be a pain in the ass to port over. Capcom just gave some lame excuse about the online pawn system not working on PC. Just disable it, no one cares about it anyway.

JaseC

Well at least they gave a somewhat believable reason why it would be a pain in the ass to port over. Capcom just gave some lame excuse about the online pawn system not working on PC. Just disable it, no one cares about it anyway.

All R* has officially said about RDR PC is that "it's not viable", which is rather vague. The idea that RAGE had to be butchered to get the game running on the PS360 is just a rumour, and one I'm decidedly incredulous towards -- plus it's not as though R* prides itself on above-average PC ports.

DocSeuss

So sad that IW went from PC-only to worst ports. :(

Yeah, that's an Infinity Ward PC port. There's a reason why Treyarch is the COD king.

There will probably be a separate, unofficial .exe released that'll modify the FOV. I'd be surprised if the current MW3 FOV modifier doesn't already work on it.

Widescreen Fixer solves all problems, surely?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
What is with the fighting game resurgence on PC? I don't get it.
Will buy Tekken for cheap though.

I'm not sure if you know this, but the fighting genre is the most important genre ever.

Valve's controller doesn't at first glance immediately present itself as a fighting pad: useless garbage.

The PS4 doesn't have a showpiece fighting game for it's launch? Massive failure.

It must be great to be the Skullgirls developers because surely all these people are buying these fighting games, playing them, and forming large, powerful communities.

DocSeuss

I'm not sure if you know this, but the fighting genre is the most important genre ever.

SOMEWHAT HUMOROUSLY, THOSE ARE FIGHTING WORDS

The FPS is the most important genre ever, because it spawned the perspective, and there is no genre that can't be done in the first-person perspective.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
All R* has officially said about RDR PC is that "it's not viable", which is rather vague. The idea that RAGE had to be butchered to get the game running on the PS360 is just a rumour, and one I'm decidedly incredulous towards -- plus it's not as though R* prides itself on above-average PC ports.

I've heard multiple reports of Red Dead Redemption production being a huge fucking mess, to the point of lousy team leaders wouldn't fire people that would just straight up make a mess out of 3D models and terrain and some other dude had to re-do his entire work, wasting hours of work hours.

Besides, Red Dead Redemption was being made during the entire "Rockstar Wifes" debacle. I bet that both the Code is a huge mess that people don't want to touch with a ten foot pole AND Rockstar itself doesn't really want to mess with that bee's nest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom