• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mass effect always ask for permission to launch on my win8.1 pc, but the "run as administrator" check box wasn't checked. How do I make it run properly?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Less than two hours remain on my ModBot raffle for three games which have been removed from Steam.

Here

oipic

I'm really trying to find some decent words to describe these emotional feelings but lately I can't express what I feel in words, I'm speechless actually. I'm even ashamed that my vocabulary is too weak to find a proper sentence to describe what I'm seeing right now.

I think you have expressed yourself perfectly, dear Monk. :)

Can't help but share in your enthusiasm and warm, fuzzy feelings - enjoy, my friend!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Wow, I'm hooked in Game Dev Tycoon.

And apparently my Fire Emblem ripoff Water Stones is a hit, much more so than my Mario ripoff Adventure Land.

kevin1025

Banned
Wow, I'm hooked in Game Dev Tycoon.

And apparently my Fire Emblem ripoff Water Stones is a hit, much more so than my Mario ripoff Adventure Land.

I'm hooked, too. Great, great game. My Killbot 4000 games, no matter the additions and size, are doomed to fail. But my casual games, Sports! and Nurse!, are massive runaway hits.

Tesseract

Banned
oh god TERMINATOR 2 and STAR TREK based pinball arcade, so good.

btw, no background options? shitty wooden cabin looks like crap, black void please.

So I'm with the family beta sharing thing, and for the other computer it shows my games, but on mine, it only shows the installed game. Any idea whats happening here?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Interesting read about the TTOTD release.

Wow, that was very interesting. No wonder Typing of the Dead came out of nowhere for Halloween, it very nearly didn't happen at all. I'm guessing Sega didn't promote it due to it's questionable development situation. I know I'm glad they made it afterall.

DocSeuss

I'm not sure I follow how to get a VPN with a Russian IP for that deal. Oh well, I literally only have about $3.16 in my bank account right now, so I'm pretty sure I can't buy a VPN account and deal with this anyway.

They actually fixed by far the most common bug with it earlier this year. I haven't had any weird behaviour or trouble since then (although admittedly I don't try too often).

Yet they've not fixed the "mouse wheel automatically scrolls down on your games list while games are downloading" bug, and do not appear to be aware of its existence.

I'm not sure I follow how to get a VPN with a Russian IP for that deal. Oh well, I literally only have about $3.16 in my bank account right now, so I'm pretty sure I can't buy a VPN account and deal with this anyway.

Yeah, this. Would be cool if someone could elaborate.

Turfster

You either pay for a VPN service that offers Russian locations, or (if you're incredibly foolish), you use one of the free ones dotted around the internet (don't do this. Seriously.)

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Wow, that was very interesting. No wonder Typing of the Dead came out of nowhere for Halloween, it very nearly didn't happen at all. I'm guessing Sega didn't promote it due to it's questionable development situation. I know I'm glad they made it afterall.
It didn't get the big campaign other games might have, but it was hardly sent to die. That teaser image got a fair amount of pre-release buzz going. The release date was timed to coincide with Halloween sales and it was discounted by 50%. More if you count GMG vouchers. That may not be an unprecedented sale for a brand new release, but I certainly haven't seen anything deeper outside of pricing errors.

Pretty smart. I'm not sure more traditional methods of promotion would have been as successful anyway. (Anyone remember the Fuse ads on GAF? Probably not...)

sibarraz

Banned
It didn't get the big campaign other games might have, but it was hardly sent to die. That teaser image got a fair amount of pre-release buzz going. The release date was timed to coincide with Halloween sales and it was discounted by 50%. More if you count GMG vouchers. That may not be an unprecedented sale for a brand new release, but I certainly haven't seen anything deeper outside of pricing errors.

Pretty smart. I'm not sure more traditional methods of promotion would have been as successful anyway. (Anyone remember the Fuse ads on GAF? Probably not...)

I honestly think that the lack of buzz helped the game

Sometimes, when you anticipate too much a game (especially a forgotten series like ToD), you will feel dissapointed even if the game is good because the hype was not filled

In this case, everyone and their mother talk in gaming sites and forums about the surprise return of typing of the dead, with a 50% discount (AND only 10 dollars) in halloween. So lots of people jumped to the game without thnking it that much including myself (I swear to not buy more games for some time, but this was too much for a sega fan)

DocSeuss

I have 48 games to give away on Steam, apparently; just went through my list of bundled Steam Keys I haven't redeemed. So, yeah, I might do that here soon. Anyone found a preferred set of rules for Modbot? Like, is "givers only" generally encouraged?

Jawmuncher

I have 48 games to give away on Steam, apparently; just went through my list of bundled Steam Keys I haven't redeemed. So, yeah, I might do that here soon. Anyone found a preferred set of rules for Modbot? Like, is "givers only" generally encouraged?

Usually the general rule is NOLURKERS
Then Givers Only is a personal preference

Usually the higher quality of the game or games determines what you should use.

Turfster

Not in general, but I wouldn't be against it ;).
Most people prefer to at least do a no lurkers.

Kuroyume

Banned
What's the cheapest Vice City usualy gets during a Steam holiday sale or whenever they have Rockstar sale? Newegg has it for $3. Not that I'm in a rush to play it. I just miss it, but I could wait.

Also, the Max Payne 1 and 2 bundle for $4.50?

DocSeuss

Usually the general rule is NOLURKERS
Then Givers Only is a personal preference

Usually the higher quality of the game or games determines what you should use.

Not in general, but I wouldn't be against it ;).
Most people prefer to at least do a no lurkers.

Thanks, guys. I'm asking a couple friends if they're interested in some of the keys, but I think they own everything already.

I haven't got anything super huge on here, unless we're counting a couple games from the Origin sale. Just stuff like the Amnesia fortnight bundle, some Serious Sam games, Mark of the Ninja, etc, as well as some lesser stuff, like King's Bounty and Men of War.

nacimento

Thanks, guys. I'm asking a couple friends if they're interested in some of the keys, but I think they own everything already.

I haven't got anything super huge on here, unless we're counting a couple games from the Origin sale. Just stuff like the Amnesia fortnight bundle, some Serious Sam games, Mark of the Ninja, etc, as well as some lesser stuff, like King's Bounty and Men of War.

Since when is King's Bounty lesser stuff? I don't understand...

yoshizzle

What's the cheapest Vice City usualy gets during a Steam holiday sale or whenever they have Rockstar sale? Newegg has it for $3. Not that I'm in a rush to play it. I just miss it, but I could wait.

Also, the Max Payne 1 and 2 bundle for $4.50?

$2.50 if given a deep discount.

Turfster

Lol, just when I bought max payne 3 the other day when it was a daily. How's gta 4 by the way? Will that be affected by the upcoming shutting down of gfwl?

Rockstar hasn't communicated anything.
(It's PC after all. PCs have cooties and they want as little to do with them as possible.)

Dambrosi

Banned
I just won Star Trek: DAC off ModBot! Thanks jshackles!

I want to get a few more spare games together before I do another giveaway myself. Maybe Friday or Saturday, or something like that.

Hanzou

Anybody else totally forgot to register for the Steam Machine Beta? I checked the day the badge was released and all I needed to do was launch a game from Big Picture. Totally forgot to do it and never even though about it once in the last month. Never saw anything mentioned in this thread or anywhere else to jog my memory. I know my chances were ridiculously slim but its still annoying!

Are game beggars a common occurrence on Steam? I've read stories in this thread before but I just encountered one and I'm usually pretty protective of giving my profile around.

Turfster

Anybody else totally forgot to register for the Steam Machine Beta? I checked the day the badge was released and all I needed to do was launch a game from Big Picture. Totally forgot to do it and never even though about it once in the last month. Never saw anything mentioned in this thread or anywhere else to jog my memory. I know my chances were ridiculously slim but its still annoying!

Hey, I gave a 24 hour warning in the last thread.

Are game beggars a common occurrence on Steam? I've read stories in this thread before but I just encountered one and I'm usually pretty protective of giving my profile around.
Every time I have to set my profile public for some reason, it doesn't take like, 15 minutes before I get another random person contacting me, so yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom