• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Cool. Always wanted to get this on XBLA.

I have it on 3 platforms and played on all. Yes, it's that good.
I hope you'll like it as much as I do.

ibyWbk1TrVGqqw.png

and it's third time! :)

ups double posted

Acccent

The prospect of designing a plateformer... I would have no idea what to had to the genre. If you were a little less subtle about your gifts too ! ;-)

That's very nice of you! But no, I suck at level making. The couple of times I've tried creating a Jazz Jackrabbit 2 level were enough to realize I have no ideas, imagination or skill. It's fun, but I'm terrible at it.

Ah well, okay. If anyone wants Frogatto regardless, let me know (I'm asking before doing a giveaway because last time I offered a non-steam game almost no one was interested).

Nabs

Ah well, okay. If anyone wants Frogatto regardless, let me know (I'm asking before doing a giveaway because last time I offered a non-steam game almost no one was interested).

I'd be down to give the game and editor a shot.

Arthea

Be Mine X will be mine tomorrow.

I forgot to ask, what are chances that HB will drop login through steam to activate thingie. I have healthy paranoia and don't like any site forcing me to login through other site. Not only it's unethical, it's not necessary too.

Race the Sun has just been released on GOG. The reason I'm mentioning it here is that the game has already been Greenlit so this may mean the Steam release is also not far off.

Personally I quite like it, but I'm not convinced it quite deserves the $10 price tag. I wonder how many other people feel that way: it is interesting that GOG is offering it for 50% off during the first week - a much better price. It seems likely there will be a similar discount when it appears on Steam.

yoshizzle

Be Mine X will be mine tomorrow.

I forgot to ask, what are chances that HB will drop login through steam to activate thingie. I have healthy paranoia and don't like any site forcing me to login through other site. Not only it's unethical, it's not necessary too.

Last I heard, they were looking into it:

RXYlTTN.png

zkylon

zkylewd
I have it on 3 platforms and played on all. Yes, it's that good.
I hope you'll like it as much as I do.

ibyWbk1TrVGqqw.png

and it's third time! :)

ups double posted

man I wish I had gotten to the end of the game, but half-way through it became too much of a grind

must be like the perfect ipad game tho

Arthea

yeah, "back" is the keyword here
I have to agree

man I wish I had gotten to the end of the game, but half-way through it became too much of a grind

must be like the perfect ipad game tho
You really should play to the end, the last boss is something to be experienced.
I don't find it grindy, as we travel through different worlds, get different heroes and units it feels fresh till the end, except may be the very last part is a bit annoying with all those random battles, but not too much.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Arthea

I figured the orders would be honoured. A couple of years ago, Ubi let me keep $2k worth of games that I paid absolutely nothing for due to a bug on the Aussie Ubishop marking down a bunch of items to $0.00.
2k worth? Ubi are saints!

FloatOn

So I started playing The Bureau again yesterday (was in the last third of the game before I got distracted with gta5). Not to beat a dead horse, but this game seriously got an unfair reputation.

It's probably the best "underrated" game of the generation. Come xmas sale when it hits $15-20 range you people need to try this out.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Also worth noting is that both Finding Teddy and Last Knight have been greenlit, so Steam keys will be added to the bundle in the future.
I find Teddy every time I come home.

(the joke being Teddy is the name of my dog)

...yeah, you can kill me already for this terrible (non) joke, I'm sorry :(

Xanathus

I figured the orders would be honoured. A couple of years ago, Ubi let me keep $2k worth of games that I paid absolutely nothing for due to a bug on the Aussie Ubishop marking down a bunch of items to $0.00.
Wait, what orders and Uplay error are you talking about? I feel like I just missed something amazing.

Wait, what orders and Uplay error are you talking about? I feel like I just missed something amazing.

Me too lol

Uplay had AC4 and watchdogs for $49...but if you used a VPN you could change the currency and the amount wouldn't update. So ~$1.50 Russian for both.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=88641725&postcount=9582

I thought about it, but then I remembered uplay...and AC...and watch dogs. I'd rather wait till the bag of giant python lollies goes on sale at the supermarket again. I really enjoy them.

Xanathus

Uplay had AC4 and watchdogs for $49...but if you used a VPN you could change the currency and the amount wouldn't update. So ~$1.50 Russian for both.

I thought about it, but then I remembered uplay...and AC...and watch dogs. I'd rather wait till the bag of giant python lollies goes on sale at the supermarket again. I really enjoy them.
Ergh, that's too shady to exploit even for me. Thanks.

Ergh, that's too shady to exploit even for me. Thanks.
It's almost like pirating.

ngt

Yeah, I remember that. Funny thing is I've never touched any of those games. Steam for life etc ;)

Gbraga

DAMN

And I actually didn't miss this, I was just too lazy to get a VPN.

Shit.

EDIT: Honestly I won't miss those games at all, but $1.50 is ridiculous.

Arthea

It's odd that Ubi don't punish for such exploits, these usually are defined as punishable in TOS, no? I mean exploiting any bugs usually are.

buying this as soon as it hits.

I've been following this for some time.

Its been on steam since September. You just need to buy through the Desura store. http://www.desura.com/games/project-zomboid Note that the price will apparently be doubling on release (they say there is a short 50% off period, but not sure how long) so if you are keen you could get it now.

I've played a good bit of it (there was an update today I haven't checked out). It isn't really ready for primetime yet.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah, I remember that. Funny thing is I've never touched any of those games. Steam for life etc ;)

I activated Zeit 2 and Bloody Good Time on Steam, but that's it. The thing is that the keys not tied to games that launched with Uplay support (which is virtually everything I grabbed) did not and still do not redeem on Uplay, making them next to useless -- they're supposed to be used with the game's installer. Nonetheless though, it was generous of Ubi to honour orders considering how much content some folks managed to snag.

Edit: Oh, and I activated RUSE as well as a piece of its DLC, too, apparently:

Bloody Good Time (EMEA Retail) Retail

Zeit2 - Retail (EMEA) Retail

R.U.S.E DLC3 Retail Retail

R.U.S.E. Retail Retail

jediyoshi

Not only it's unethical, it's not necessary too.

Rofl wut. You'd have a safer paranoia over if they originally only allowed logging in through Steam and then transferred to their own log in system. You think Valve made the steam api accessible just for kicks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom