• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
For the last few days, my Steam client has been randomly trying to open other games while I play. If it's a game that has a passcode associated with it , then Steam just opens a new window in the background every few seconds. (the one that shows the code) If it's a game with no code, then it opens the game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Congrats to Dambrosi, destx, and angular graphics for winning my most epic of Modbot giveaways yet.

Enjoy!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I hope Ikaruga launches tomorrow. Or it's probably next week. Otherwise I'm gonna stab Siliconaria for getting my hopes up for a "late October/early November" translation of that Treasure tweet about Greenlight.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks, guys. I'm asking a couple friends if they're interested in some of the keys, but I think they own everything already.

I haven't got anything super huge on here, unless we're counting a couple games from the Origin sale. Just stuff like the Amnesia fortnight bundle, some Serious Sam games, Mark of the Ninja, etc, as well as some lesser stuff, like King's Bounty and Men of War

No.

Lotto

Well, that was roundabout. To redeem my King Arthur's Gold Steam key, here were my steps.

1. Go to GamesRage bundle page.
2. Request a multiplayer key for King Arthur's Gold
3. Go to kag2d.com
4. Register
5. Activate account using email activation link
6. Click "Panel" on kag2d.com
7. Click "Redeem premium code"
8. Input multiplayer key
9. Get Steam key
10. Redeem in Steam client.

Now I'm reading that Frogwares wants Groupees customers to email them if they want Steam keys for Dracula: Love Kills :p

Awesome, thanks for this. Didn't even realize it was finally out on Steam! Ended up picking up Guacamelee! Gold edition today on the daily deals as well.

Well, that was roundabout. To redeem my King Arthur's Gold Steam key, here were my steps.

3. Go to kag2d.com
4. Register
8. Input multiplayer key
9. Get Steam key

Now I'm reading that Frogwares wants Groupees customers to email them if they want Steam keys for Dracula: Love Kills :p

Do you know what's the email address we should write to?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ugh. GTA4 is having Windows 8 issues, it seems. GfWL pops up and thinks I'm using a controller when I'm not to where I can't get it to accept my CD key to let me play. I'm wondering if playing offline from the Social Club would fix that. But alt-tabing out to kill the game and having it reenter the game kills the entire thing to where I have to sign out to even kill GTA4 and get back to my desktop.

I'll have to bang my head later, but not a good start to changing my opinion on "GTA4 is a piece of shit with the only redeeming thing being that cops and robbers mode online," Stallion. :/

Turfster

Ugh. GTA4 is having Windows 8 issues, it seems. GfWL pops up and thinks I'm using a controller when I'm not to where I can't get it to accept my CD key to let me play.

GfWL is brokener than broken as fuck in Windows 8.
I assume you've tried to reinstall the latest gfwl off the microsoft site after GTAIV ran for the first time?

destx

Congrats to Dambrosi, destx, and angular graphics for winning my most epic of Modbot giveaways yet.

Enjoy!

Thank you for Cryostasis! I will cherish this most rare and unusual steam license.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Humble Bundle 6 (Wizorb, BIT.TRIP.RUNNER, Gratuitous Space Battles, and Jamestown) -- MB-A194F2A628C8592D - Taken by Camel Master. 3 entrants total.

t1383630821z1.png

Link Man

Banned
Frickin' heck. That's twice today that my Steam client has updated, ending the application and pausing my download. I left it running while I was at work today, trying to download Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition, and come home to find that it only downloaded .4 GB before the client shut down. Incredibly frustrating.

Blizzard

Banned
I think it's basically Advance Wars for the PC. But with more depth, I suppose.
Yeah, and that's kind of what I've been dreaming of making for years, so it's a bit discouraging to see someone do actually have the discipline to make something really fancy. :p It looks nice though!

Regarding the daily deal, I'm very late to comment on this, but I would like to add my voice to those praising Guacamelee. It is probably my favorite game this year along with Call of Juarez: Gunslinger. It is a platforming game that controls great even with keyboard (if anyone wants keyboard controls, I think I posted them in the official thread). It's kind of a crazy mix of luchadores, Mirror's Edge (well not really but the platforming reminds me vaguely of it for some reason), and what I imagine Dustforce would be like.

Grief.exe

Yeah, and that's kind of what I've been dreaming of making for years, so it's a bit discouraging to see someone do actually have the discipline to make something really fancy. :p It looks nice though!

Regarding the daily deal, I'm very late to comment on this, but I would like to add my voice to those praising Guacamelee. It is probably my favorite game this year along with Call of Juarez: Gunslinger. It is a platforming game that controls great even with keyboard (if anyone wants keyboard controls, I think I posted them in the official thread). It's kind of a crazy mix of luchadores, Mirror's Edge (well not really but the platforming reminds me vaguely of it for some reason), and what I imagine Dustforce would be like.

Now I am even more mad that I missed out on that Swedish deal for CoJ:G

Blizzard

Banned
Now I am even more mad that I missed out on that Swedish deal for CoJ:G
I'd say it's well worth $10-15 if you like cowboys / spaghetti westerns, and it will very likely be that price on one of the upcoming fall/winter sales. If I recall correctly I gifted it to like 4 people at release price, I liked it so much.

Also, Gunslinger has a demo, and supposedly it's a decent one. Just try it on Steam and see if you're even interested!

Echoplx

Ugh. GTA4 is having Windows 8 issues, it seems. GfWL pops up and thinks I'm using a controller when I'm not to where I can't get it to accept my CD key to let me play. I'm wondering if playing offline from the Social Club would fix that. But alt-tabing out to kill the game and having it reenter the game kills the entire thing to where I have to sign out to even kill GTA4 and get back to my desktop.

I'll have to bang my head later, but not a good start to changing my opinion on "GTA4 is a piece of shit with the only redeeming thing being that cops and robbers mode online," Stallion. :/

You can use this to get rid of GFWL completely, it does disable the multiplayer (for obvious reasons) but if you only want to play singleplayer it's fine.

As for the CD Key issue, the same thing happened to me. I'm not sure how I got past it but pretty sure I just spammed keys till it worked.

Deques

3. Go to kag2d.com
4. Register
8. Input multiplayer key
9. Get Steam key

Will this work for indiegamestand? Found out I bought KAG from there

Glad I waited to play through The Knife of Dunwall because I got to immediately play through The Brigmore Witches and experience the story consecutively. Defionitely going to replay through both for a low chaos run.

I'm glad that you can decide the outcome with your play-style in KoD and TBW, rather than having to rely on your save file from the main campaign.

Acccent

Who here is interested in designing some levels for a platform game? (I'm not offering a job, I'm just asking, who thinks it can be a fun thing to do?)

So, no one does, heh? I was thinking of giving away a couple of Frogatto copies to people who answered positively because the level editor in that games seems so powerful that it could probably be sold as a separated game engine...

Do you own the original HR?

Quick question guys. Downloaded the singleplayer component of COD Ghosts. Multi is on downloading right now, and I had a mind to play some SP, but steam is telling me "failed to start game with shared content - please update COD Ghosts MP". I figured that the diea here was that you could play one component without the other. Is this a steam error, a game error, or totally normal and I had it wrong?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I own DE:HR but don't have the 75% discount. I don't have the Missing Link DLC though, maybe that's why?

Edit: I wasn't logged into Steam, ha. I get a 46% discount.

A Steam key seems likely: this retail sub was created last week.

Thanks to your constant Wheelman whining ;) i am now the proud owner of a copy.
I just had to see what the fuss is about and it was only a fiver as i didn't go for the £3 rerelease/classics version.

Your Amazon.co.uk order of "The Wheelman (PC)" has been dispatched‏.

Good times ahead :)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So, no one does, heh? I was thinking of giving away a couple of Frogatto copies to people who answered positively because the level editor in that games seems so powerful that it could probably be sold as a separated game engine...
That's very nice of you! But no, I suck at level making. The couple of times I've tried creating a Jazz Jackrabbit 2 level were enough to realize I have no ideas, imagination or skill. It's fun, but I'm terrible at it.

Li Kao

Eh, to be totally honest, while I think I could have ideas for writting, game mechanics (uncharted 2 kinda stole one of my ideas, but it was kinda stolen on gta 3, yup, what could uc2 and gta3 have in common :p ) etc, the prospect of designing a plateformer... I would have no idea what to had to the genre. If you were a little less subtle about your gifts too ! ;-)
But while I would never turn a free game away, there are surely gaffers that will play it sooner, I'm overwhelmed between life shits, ebay to resolve part of said shits, low moral because of other parts of... etc...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks to your constant Wheelman whining ;) i am now the proud owner of a copy.
I just had to see what the fuss is about and it was only a fiver as i didn't go for the £3 rerelease/classics version.

I honestly know nothing about the game aside from it stars Diesel and largely focuses on driving. Make a re-release happen, WB. Maybe I'll even forgive you for the whole Arkham Asylum thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom