• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Rofl wut. You'd have a safer paranoia over if they originally only allowed logging in through Steam and then transferred to their own log in system. You think Valve made the steam api accessible just for kicks?

What it has to do with anything I said? I'm not willing to let third parties to access my account (any) in any form or way, with Valve's consent or not. Was I given any choice? Nope, I wasn't. And that's the problem.
You think it's fine that we have no say in such matters?

M09482

Neo Member
Hey Guys,

I have the following discount vouchers on Steam:

Foul Play -33%
Volgarr the Viking - 25%
Shadow Warrior -10%

If anyone is interested send me a pm on Steam, same user id (M09482)

Uplay had AC4 and watchdogs for $49...but if you used a VPN you could change the currency and the amount wouldn't update. So ~$1.50 Russian for both.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=88641725&postcount=9582

I thought about it, but then I remembered uplay...and AC...and watch dogs. I'd rather wait till the bag of giant python lollies goes on sale at the supermarket again. I really enjoy them.

Taking advantage of these kinds of pricing errors is as bad as stealing in my book.

jediyoshi

What it has to do with anything I said? I'm not willing to let third parties to access my account (any) in any form or way, with Valve's consent or not. Was I given any choice? Nope, I wasn't. And that's the problem.
You think it's fine that we have no say in such matters?

What other paranoia is there besides a potential security risk of which the onus would then just be on Valve as opposed to both Valve and HIB? You have more security with something that's behind a two factor authentication like steam guard than some website alone that already at some point had access to your payment details. Do you think it was any less safe entering your credit card or paypal details when you were purchasing to begin with? Aside from that, I'm actually super curious. What are you under the impression that shared login gives third parties access to? Do you think it's a facebook/twitter style of sharing certain things like contacts and posting privileges?

Zia

I've actually never heard of that, and youtube blocked here. I'm assuming it's a good game? :p

It's a really well designed single-screen roguelike intended to be played in short bursts. It won the 2011 Excellence in Design award at IGF and for a bit, like Spelunky, was the game everyone in the indie community was playing (Derek Yu even designed a tileset for the old, free ver). It's been in Minecraft-esque paid beta for a couple years now and they've added quests, extras like a codex and towns, along with really pretty, chunky art. I haven't played it since it last showed at IGF, but I'm sure this version will be brilliant.

Vorundor

BazPkxO.png

Source http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1ps7si/steam_holiday_sale_start_date_leaked/

Dolor

Just realized I passed the 300 posts mark a little bit ago and am now an honest-to-goodness member!

Since most of my posts were in here, thanks for putting up with me, Steamgaf!

The_Monk

I believe it was already posted a couple of times fellow GAFfer.

Just realized I passed the 300 posts mark a little bit ago and am now an honest-to-goodness member!

Since most of my posts were in here, thanks for putting up with me, Steamgaf!

Congrats! Value your member status now :)

sheaaaa

It's a really well designed single-screen roguelike intended to be played in short bursts. It won the 2011 Excellence in Design award at IGF and for a bit, like Spelunky, was the game everyone in the indie community was playing (Derek Yu even designed a tileset for the old, free ver). It's been in Minecraft-esque paid beta for a couple years now and they've added quests, extras like a codex and towns, along with really pretty, chunky art. I haven't played it since it last showed at IGF, but I'm sure this version will be brilliant.

You've got me interested, will definitely be watching out for this.

Turfster

I don't see this bundle doing well. None of those are on Steam at all -- no store presence, no Greenlight presence.

Well, it's something new. To quote their website:

When I buy a pack on FrenchCows, I become part of the moovement; it means I’ve joined a responsible sustainable community trying to share their passion for video games and supporting young artists. So:

I can interact with the game creators, share my opinion with them, and ask them directly questions;
I can also test games that are not finished yet,
I get private access to downloads,
I can be part of the FrenchCows forum,
I can share my involvement with my friends and sponsor them; Plus I get extra discounts on my next purchases.

The lack of Steam/Greenlight is sad on the one hand, but its an interesting experiment. Anyway, last time I'll mention it since the games are now announced and, as you say, it's not really Steam thread appropriate.

Slacker

I'll ask again for the morning shift: Anyone pick up Battle Worlds: Kronos? Looks excellent, especially if there are people to play against online. You can do random online matches, right? The description I read made it sound like friends only.

Arthea

What other paranoia is there besides a potential security risk of which the onus would then just be on Valve as opposed to both Valve and HIB? You have more security with something that's behind a two factor authentication like steam guard than some website alone that already at some point had access to your payment details. Do you think it was any less safe entering your credit card or paypal details when you were purchasing to begin with? Aside from that, I'm actually super curious. What are you under the impression that shared login gives third parties access to? Do you think it's a facebook/twitter style of sharing certain things like contacts and posting privileges?

It's still liability I can live without. Is it that hard to understand?
No, I don't think it's safe to give paypal or credit card details too, but that's really necessary if I want to purchase something.
Don't use facebook and don't plan to, so I can't say.

Turfster

It's still liability I can live without. Is it that hard to understand?
No, I don't think it's safe to give paypal or credit card details too, but that's really necessary if I want to purchase something.
Don't use facebook and don't plan to, so I can't say.

I'm not alone!
Also, for all the "lolololitssafe" people, apart from the people for whom it just doesn't work flat out because they're stuck in endless steamguard loops, the community servers problems of the last week made it impossible at times to claim the games, since the linking goes through them. Registering a key in the client doesn't =p

The_Monk

Thank you for posting that PriitV

Now that I can install most of my games on my Library I can finally install Scribblenauts too since I already have it. The way I wanted to play it back in the day was: I have a 7 year old nephew and I was looking for to play this with him. I would translate most of the things for him in the Story and when I needed to write words on the game's notebook I would question him.

Something like: There's this old man saying he needs company what you would think it would be a good company for him? Then my nephew could answer something like "A dog!" and I would go and write "Dog" D-O-G while he would be next to me with pen and paper writing the words in English so he can learn some new English words. This way it can be both fun and educational since he really likes videogames.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Taking a dive and going to try playing through Final Exam today with three friends. Will leave impressions later, I will admit I am more interested in this game by some reviews comparing the combat system to a 2D Bayonetta or Devil May Cry, and the fact it's a spin-off of the Obscure series of horror games.

Well, it's something new. To quote their website:

The lack of Steam/Greenlight is sad on the one hand, but its an interesting experiment. Anyway, last time I'll mention it since the games are now announced and, as you say, it's not really Steam thread appropriate.

they lost me at 'moovement'

Derrick01

Banned
I really hope they include marvel superheroes in the package, even if it's a BTA. It would save me from using a free ps4 game slot on it, even if I prefer trophies to steam achievements.

Baha

Anybody else seeing this on steamgifts?

M146uTu.png

Not sure what to make of it but I'm not logging in until I figure it out.

Yeah, doesn't look legit. If any site using steam API requires your steam login, you're always redirected to the steam community login page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom