• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

Only 50 contestants, we were all so close

tumblr_mt31ayzId91rv1ckao1_500.gif

Nabs

Sonic Racing Transformed had a slight bump in the registry. It looks like they may be adding more DLC to the game (Changed ListOfDLC – 229660 › 229660,264600). It could mean nothing, but Sega has been really good to the PC crowd lately.

denx

Mmmmpph, why al these awesome giveaways this last couple of days happen when I'm not around. But yeah, that was a kickass giveaway sir!

Today I was surprised to find that Tachyon The Fringe is available on Steam. http://store.steampowered.com/app/32760/?snr=1_7_15__13 When did that happen? I remember playing a little bit of that game back in the day and was interested by it, but I never could find it to play the whole thing. It sucks that the game can't be bought on its own though, it has to be bought as part of a bundle.

Copons

Uh, I don't know if this is something thread-worthy (or SteamGAF-worthy for that matter as I don't even know if we're talking about PC at all :D ), but still.

There's this game in early development my site covered a couple of months ago, the devs found the article and wrote me and then we started some kind of correspondence and I found out they're super cool and nice. And today they sent me the link to the trailer of their game and it was AMAZING, so I wanted to share it here, even if there are no hints at all about PC - or anything really.

The game is called Thumper and it seems to be a racing/rhythm hybrid.
It's developed by two ex Harmonix (Guitar Hero, Rock Band, etc.) guys, Marc Flury and Brian Gibson (Lightning Bolt bassist).

This is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZldpPwt-Owo

My first thought was Fotonica (but maybe just because I wrote about it and MirrorMoon EP today, so I'm biased), then Audiosurf. But both are plainly wrong.
Because at some point, probably when the "thing" starts grinding on the edge of the track, I got a huge F-Zero GX vibe and, that being one of may fav games ever, there my mind was blown.
So I'm gonna say:
DAT MUSIC
DAT SPEED
DAT EVERYTHING

denx

About a year ago.

Oh wow, I'm super late to the party. I just remember looking for the game a couple of years ago, then forgetting about it, then for some reason today I searched the game on Steam and yep.

I'll totally buy the 30 dollars Novalogic bundle during the Autumn/Winter sales if it goes for 10 dollars or below.

derExperte

Uh, I don't know if this is something thread-worthy (or SteamGAF-worthy for that matter as I don't even know if we're talking about PC at all :D ), but still.

There's this game in early development my site covered a couple of months ago, the devs found the article and wrote me and then we started some kind of correspondence and I found out they're super cool and nice. And today they sent me the link to the trailer of their game and it was AMAZING, so I wanted to share it here, even if there are no hints at all about PC - or anything really.

The game is called Thumper and it seems to be a racing/rhythm hybrid.
It's developed by two ex Harmonix (Guitar Hero, Rock Band, etc.) guys, Marc Flury and Brian Gibson (Lightning Bolt bassist).

This is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZldpPwt-Owo

My first thought was Fotonica (but maybe just because I wrote about it and MirrorMoon EP today, so I'm biased), then Audiosurf. But both are plainly wrong.
Because at some point, probably when the "thing" starts grinding on the edge of the track, I got a huge F-Zero GX vibe and, that being one of may fav games ever, there my mind was blown.
So I'm gonna say:
DAT MUSIC
DAT SPEED
DAT EVERYTHING

You should post that in the Indie thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=707609. I'll keep an eye on it for sure.

Turfster

Oh wow, I'm super late to the party. I just remember looking for the game a couple of years ago, then forgetting about it, then for some reason today I searched the game on Steam and yep.

I'll totally buy the 30 dollars Novalogic bundle during the Autumn/Winter sales if it goes for 10 dollars or below.

Well, I don't think it's ever been sold separately, so it's easy to see the whole pack and think "oh, I'll buy this on the next sale" and then forget about it ;)

AkuMifune

Banned
I'm actually enjoying Alpha Protocol quite a bit now they've I've forced my way into the meat of the game. But the one thing that bothers me most is his stupid idle animation. I don't know why, it bugs the hell out of me.

But I can see now why people love the crazy branching adaptive story beats.

Overdoziz

Banned
I'm not sure if I've asked this before, but are there any good rally games that came out recently? Dirt is fun, but especially the third one just had too much X-games races for my taste.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Finally got the Enhanced Steam options page side menu to look and work the way I want it to. Here is a before / after screenshot:

2o0JXBx.png

Each tab you click on "highlights" it and makes it bigger.

ABWfvNN.png

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Fah Early Access.

Man I remember the days when people used to release finished games. That was swell.

It's only a problem if you think these games would have been released as fully finished products instead of giving people the choice of early access. You can go ahead and ignore it until it's finally released if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom