• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would not at all make sense to use a median precisely because few very large purchases prop up the mean and that's obviously part of their objective. Like, someone paying $5,000 is making up for 2500 people not beating the average in terms of keeping the BTA mark hovering around $4. In a median system, he makes up for exactly one person.

It wasn't that end of the scale that I really had in mind. It's the horde of minimum-for-the-steam-keys guys dragging the mean down that you'd want to mitigate against.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-2BBD0E53D0A8CFDF - Taken by Kirosia
Let's hope this works.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Oddly enough, the worst thing they could have done to help with the sales of Scribblenauts Unmasked is put Unlimited in a cheap bundle.

People are going to play it and be bored with the formula before the second world.

want to give away Arkham City through modbot, So should I just put that humble gift link where a steam key would go, or somewhere else?

GaussTek

This new "link" system is screwing up ModBot hehe.

I don't own any of these games, so, I think I'll beat the average this time :) (unless I get it from here lol :p)

At that price, I've got to give in. All I wanted was Scribblenauts, now I guess I'll be able to try Batman? Heard good things, but I generally can't take super heroes seriously. At all. They're masked people.

Turfster

You know what would be really fucking nice?
If the humble bundle claiming site WORKED WITH THE STEAM BROWSER since that's logged in to Steam anyway, but no, the "click here for your steam keys" doesn't work.
Sigh.

fantomena

Dauq. Trying to sell a card in the client, get this: "Cookies may not be enabled on your browser. Check that all cookies are allowed by your browser or try logging out and logging back in."

morningbus

At that price, I've got to give in. All I wanted was Scribblenauts, now I guess I'll be able to try Batman? Heard good things, but I generally can't take super heroes serious. At all. They're masked people.

I'm assuming something is lost in translation here because otherwise that's a pretty weird complaint.

kulapik

Origin question, does anybody know if that BF3 multiredeemable key still works? Saw a friend in college playing
pirate
BF4 and although is not the same, could work for multiplayer :p

kami_sama

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-953226A0013552F7 - Taken by Eanan
Already had it :p

I'm assuming something is lost in translation here because otherwise that's a pretty weird complaint.
Well I forgot to mention I lub FEAR 1 and haven't tried the sequels, always interested in them though.

And no, super heroes are funny as shit, the concept is so deliciously ludicrous.

Got the WB bundle for Scribble and LOTR, so I'll pass on the BatmanBatmanBatman to yoooooouuuuu! (And test out the new gifting)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Batman Arkham City GOTY -- MB-3AF6A4DDF9B102D6 - Taken by Milabrega. 9 entrants total.
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-8FEFD25812F67B2E - Taken by PandaPedinte. 2 entrants total.

t1383682348z1.png

morningbus

Hey I liked Return of the Joker as much as the next guy, but there's no reason to use it against me. I'm not trying to be a comedian. :/

Unless you were just playing around of course. I know it's not hilarious or anything.

4umAX71.jpg

JADS

ModBot said:

I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

LotR War in the North -- MB-1FAC521AA7149DA3 - Taken by Alessandro
FEAR 2 Project Origin #2 -- MB-F6BF16E6D07643A9 - Taken by Faabulous
Batman AA Goty -- MB-E096A2332650C572 - Taken by Nuborn
FEAR 3 #2 -- MB-20C7A903A047BB09 - Taken by BorntoPlay
Scriblenauts -- MB-4B32D1D600777E03 - Taken by CheesecakeRecipe
LotR War in the North #2 -- MB-21F45A234B2AE404 - Taken by Kuroyume
Batman AC Goty #2 -- MB-EF83039B110F8E6B - Taken by kadab
Batman AC Goty -- MB-CD196BBA435CB39B - Taken by JDHarbs
FEAR 2 Project Origin -- MB-01343305DE87884B - Taken by RS4-
FEAR 3 -- MB-2D2FADE3190398B8 - Taken by Gez
Batman AA Goty #2 -- MB-D9B5478E184F5CE7 - Taken by bloke

I got charged twice and got two bundles, oh well. Have fun!

Tellaerin

If I wanted to gift something from that WB bundle via Modbot using the new Humble Bundle gift-a-key thing, how would I go about it?

Turfster

The new gifting system is still utter shit.
Sent a friend a gift link 30 minutes ago, he still hasn't received the mail that they're supposed to send him so he can click another link and sign in to his steam account, wait for his steam guard e-mail and link it up with his account.
Q: Why the change?
A: The new Steam key redemption process will make it even easier to quickly redeem your games on Steam! One click and the games will appear instantly in your library!
Oh yeah your system is much better than actual Steam keys now, HumbleBundle. So fucking convenient and fast.

Does Valve really only have 330 employees? That's small as hell. I thought it was around 400-500. With obviously not everyone working on Steam stuff I'm not sure how they're going to maintain, support Steam Universe. 30 people? Come on. They're already having problems with Steam as is.

morningbus

Spoilers:
DC retconned the ending

Grant Morrison also described Superman as the ultimate immigrant story. Which is complete bullshit. Superman is the immigrant's fantasy: to move to a new country and raise your child to be a part of the broader society.

Martian Manhunter is the ultimate immigrant story.

This one should work. >_>

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg

Batman: Arkham Asylum -- MB-2E28D6DF12CCB0BF - Taken by Kuroyume. 5 entrants total.

t1383682933z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom